Create Account

Vancouver Announces S35 Captains

<div align="center"> [Image: 8RqFk1n.jpg]
With the new season starting today and with a fresh batch of motivated rookies joining the Whalers it is time to once again announce our captains for the upcoming season. Robert Phelps <a href='index.php?showuser=2572' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>DrunkenTeddy</a> has gratiously offered up his "A" as he has stepped into management and wanted to give some of the others on the team the chance to wear a letter this season. Phelps on and off ice contributions to the Whalers last season were second to none and we would like to take this opportunity to thank him for all his hard work and dedication.

[Image: dbHuKba.jpg]

Our first alternate captain for S35 hails from Antarctica and has a knack for finding the back of the net. Spitfire is a returning sophomore who had a great rookie campaign with the Whalers in S34. Spitfire represents the Whalers well and has taken on much more responsibility in the league over this past season and is very well deserving of wearing the "A" on his jersey this season. Congratulations <a href='index.php?showuser=1174' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-9'>Storm</a>

[Image: YIHkRYG.jpg]

Next up is our second alternate captain, returning again for her second year wearing the '"A" is none other than Vancouvers own Sophia Bennett. Bennett is a pleasure to have in the locker room and her on ice performance is stellar, netting herself the rookie of the year award last season and boasting a very impressive stat line. We are pleased to have Bennett as one of our leaders once again this season. Congratulations <a href='index.php?showuser=2582' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>goilers</a>

[Image: Q1OIQv3.jpg]

And finally we get to our new captain! This menacing 220lbs winger hits hard and plays even harder, his work ethic and dedication to the Whalers organization is something all players should strive for, and all that work is paying off. Drafted 2nd overall in the SHL entry draft last week was none other than Angelo Odjick! Since the day we called Odjicks name to join us in Vancouver he has been a model team mate and athlete. We are very glad to have you in a more leadership orientated role this season. Congratulations <a href='index.php?showuser=2583' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>QuantumCowboy</a> </div>

I'm truly honoured to be named Captain. Congrats to both of our Alt. Captains as well, both of you have past leadership experience and are critically important to our LR.

Thank you everyone!

Congrats, guys. You'll forever go down as leaders within this fine organization.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

I hope Odjick and I have a captain's fight this season.

Congrats guys

[Image: insayne.gif]

Congrats! Nice to see Odjick getting some recognition and great to see Spitfire and Bennett still wearing letters. Whalers

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Congradulations you guys, you are all cornerstones of this Whalers team Whalers

Congrats, everyone! Well deserved!!

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Insayne@Jun 15 2017, 07:36 AM
I hope Odjick and I have a captain's fight this season.

Congrats guys
That would be insayne!

Very honored to wear a letter again this year! Looking forward to this season with all my Whales! ♥♥ Congrats to our new captain and assistant captain!! Towel

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]