Create Account

Joseph Lombardi: The Life of a Prodigy

Joseph Lombardi was born on February 24, 2000, which makes him 17 years old. As a child, he was known as a prodigy, but not on the ice. It was academics in which he shined. By the time he entered high school in 2014, Lombardi had a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering from Vanderbilt and could recite all digits of pi. On the ice, he felt like a normal child, as he was often bullied because of his intelligence. He was coached by his father, Ralph, who himself was a promising young prospect. At age 18 during the 1988-1989 OHL season, he led the Kitchener Rangers with 120 points and scored the game winning goal in the Memorial Cup. He was a first round pick by his hometown Flyers. After leading them to the Stanley Cup and winning the Calder Trophy, he blew out his knee and retired, going into coaching. There, he coached Joseph's high school team, where he put up 200 points in 170 games. He then entered himself into the SMJHL drqft, where he was chosen 40th overall by the St. Louis Scarecrows, his favorite SMJHL. His favorite NHL teams are the St. Louis Blues (his mother is a St Louis native) and the Philadelphia Flyers.

Next, he asked some teammates why they like playing for STL.

Roman Augustus: I Like the Scarecrows because they have a pedigree of winning. Coming here meant that I would not be a starter right away and I would not get the time needed to light up the league but it meant that I would learn from the best. No matter how good or bad I do in the league I can always say that I learned the most important lesson from St. Louis, and that is how to win.

Finn Jakobsen: Well it's a great team. Everyone is supportive and super helpful. It's a good community and we like winning.

Louie Garrett: There are a lot of nice people on here, and Joe is one of the best GMs on the forum. They can be abrasive and tough to really get to know, but everyone has always been nice enough to me. I might not feel the same if they treated me the way that they have been treating you. Don't let it discourage you though. Stick around, do the work, and you can move up the SHL in no time and then you don't have to talk to them anymore if you don't want to. Just don't go inactive cause that hurts all of us.

Ronnie Westbrook: I like the crows because they're very nice and sweet.