Create Account

"Da Fuck is Wrong with Louie Garrett" Interview

Code:
Ready to be Graded
Word Count: 1243

After a somewhat surprising outstanding showing last season, the St. Louis Scarecrows and Esa Anrikkanen Award and Brodie Witzel Trophy nominee right winger, Louie Garrett, were looking to come into season 35 and finish what they had started the previous season. Everything looked to be on track for that to be the case in preseason. The Scarecrows finished on top of the standings and Louie Garrett was scoring at almost a point per game. Something has changed in the regular season, however. The Scarecrows are still looking to be a very strong team, currently in the second place behind only the Colorado Mammoths, but something is wrong with the play of Louie Garrett. Despite his strong showing in preseason, he isn’t living up to the hype in the regular season. 18 games into the regular season and Garrett has only managed to notch 7 goals and 2 assists with a minus 3 rating. 7 of his 9 points came in a blistering 2 game stretch where he netted back to back hat tricks. He is currently on an 8-game pointless streak despite getting ample playtime on the 2nd line and power play unit. The Scarecrows have to be baffled at the lack of production from the youngster, but we will have to see if the organization is willing to shake things up to try to spark something. We had to the opportunity to meet up with Garrett after today’s games against the Vancouver Whalers.

Reporter: Hi Louie, we were wondering if you had a couple minutes to answer some questions about the Scarecrows and the season so far?

Garrett: Yeah, go for it. I got a couple of minutes.

Reporter: So, the Scarecrows are still looking like one of the teams to beat this season. How do you think that you guys stack up against the competition?

Garrett: Like you said, I think we are still one of the teams to beat this season. That being said, it’s hard to ignore the success that the Colorado Mammoths have had this season so far. I mean, they are dominant as hell right now. They are blowing through teams like toilet paper. If things continue at this rate, they are going to be a very tough team to take down. Right now, I’m not sure if we are quite as strong as we were last season, but we’re still going to be contenders. Things are still really close in the league, we'll have to see how things play out.

Reporter: I see, how much of the current Scarecrows success is due to the rookies that you guys drafted this year?

Garrett: You know, the rookies are all great guys. Tigole Bitties, Roman Augustus, Seth Paige, Finn Jakobsen, Joseph Lombardi, and the other guys too are all putting in a ton of hours behind the scene to get better. They may not be putting up huge numbers right now, but I think the future of the franchise is in good hands with these guys. It’s only a matter of time before these guys are really making names for themselves in the SMJHL. I can’t wait to see what they do in the future.

Reporter: Well, I think it’s time to address the elephant in the room. It’s no secret that this season, on a personal level, probably isn’t going the way that everyone envisioned. After being nominated for Rookie of the Year and Playoff MVP, everyone was pretty confident that you were going to have a huge season but so far, it’s just not the case. What’s going on?

Garrett: Well, if I knew what the problem was it would have been fixed by now. Things just aren’t going my way. Preseason was awesome. I got 27 points in 30 games. Nothing to complain about there. I thought that I had gotten things going after getting those back to back hat tricks, but I guess that was just a flash in the pan. I mean, I can’t lie at this point and say that it isn’t frustrating or getting in my head because it is. It’s tough knowing that in a way I could be holding the team back. If I were producing at the level that I know I can be we might be in the top spot. I really don’t know what to tell you other than I’m doing everything in my power to get things going.

Reporter: Do you have any superstitions that might be having an effect on this pointless streak?

Garrett: No, I’ve never really be a superstitious guy. I know a lot of the guys are and have their little things that they do before games, but that’s never really been me. With this pointless streak going on though, I’ve tried everything. I went and got a haircut. I’ve been switching up my pregame meal. I’ve tried being the first person on the ice for warmups and last. Like I said, just nothing seems to be working right now. Luckily, I have great teammates who are picking up the slack. I wouldn’t be surprised if my GMs tried moving me around the lineup pretty soon here though because I understand and agree that you can’t really have that much dead weight in your top 6 and that is what I am right now… dead weight.

Reporter: Changing gears a little bit, have you been watching the SHL a little bit more closely now that you have been drafted?

Garrett: Yeah, of course I’ve been paying attention to how the Riot are doing. Things are still close here in the early going of the season, but the Riot are just sitting outside of a playoff position right now. I think that they can get into it though. There is plenty of time for things to be shaken up. That being said, Winnipeg and Edmonton sitting on top of the Western Conference Standings is a little bit surprising especially since Los Angeles and Texas currently are sitting outside of the playoff standings. Things are always interesting in the SHL and this season is definitely proving to be so.

Reporter: And back to the SMJHL. What do you think is the most surprising story line this season in the SMJHL?

Garrett: That’s a good question. Outside of the Cinderella run by the Mammoths I would say the rivalry that is developing between Prince George and Halifax. Both are sitting outside of the playoff standings and they themselves have started calling their matchups the toilet bowl. I think it’s fun that they are still having a good time despite the records. I think Halifax especially has the pieces to be pretty good here within the next season or two. So they won’t be in the basement for long at least in my opinion.

Reporter: Thanks Louie, hopefully you get off of this scoring drought soon. I know that the Scarecrows are missing what you can bring. In fact, I know that the fans are missing your flair as well.

Garrett: Thanks, no one is more disappointed than me. I had big hopes for this season personally and so far, it is kind of falling apart. I’m glad that I have great team mates who are killing it so far. Hopefully I figure something out here soon because I don’t want to be a detriment to my team. It’s not fair to the other guys who are pulling more than their own weight right now.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

If I recall, Louie Garrett was rather pedestrian in the first half of his rookie season.. but in the 2nd half he was one of the best players in the SMJHL. With STL bringing back the same team, running the same lines...a Garrret major second half looks like a solid bet.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

If what Izzy said was true, maybe go out there and kill it, but lay back against the Knights. kthxbye