Create Account

The Barlow Boys

<div align="center">The Barlow Boys!</div>

The newest addition to the SMJHL player pool…. The Barlow Boys! Hailing from the middle of absolutely nowhere Ireland, also referred to as Inishmann, these brothers are freaks of nature. We don’t know what they are feeding the kids over there on that island of 160 people but we want some. Both coming in at an identical 6 foot 5 inches and 245 pounds these boys are more man than most men in the SHL. They also have a very distinct game plan if the few and far between scouting reports on them are to be believed. They have only played a number of tournaments that have even been on the radar of professional scouts so take this all with a grain of salt.

They look to both fill the role of power forward or so their hulking frame and slightly above average checking ability would make us assume. While being almost identical in their size and scouting reports regarding their stats one obvious important difference can be made between the two. Timmy Barlow the older, by at least a few minutes, and more handsome of the twins is the better out and out scorer. In return however his passing ability seems to be nearly non existent. His mirror image Tommy on the other hand is just that when it comes to this little hockey tidbit. Tommy seems to be quite an adept passer but couldn’t hit the broadside of a potato filled barn back home.

We were actually lucky enough to catch up with the brothers when they were doing a mini North American tour to see which teams they would like to play for. Warning to our more hoity toity readers some of the language expressed, while we may agree with it, is not for everyone’s consumption.

Nice to meet you Bob, my brother and I are definitely interested in bringing our talents over to North America as the European league lack good competition. We obviously still have our grievances with the North American league, such as how politically correct it’s members are forced to be. This will be a little difficult for us small town Irish boys to adjust to, and we may or may not even try… As for what teams have interested us well to be honest none yet. My brother has made our demands known, but I will reiterate them for those of you who are a little slow on the uptake. We will not, I repeat will not, play for opposing teams or even for that matter on separate lines. We will play as many minutes of our careers together as possible and the only thing we are going to let get in the way of this is PIM’s. If one of the GMs in the league thinks they can sign us saying they will adhere to these conditions and then go back on their words they will be in for some major surprises.

This is not just us being arseholes and forcing our ways on people like I am sure some of those around the league will be saying when they hear about our desires upon entering the league. Looking at it from a strictly ability to win games point of view it seems like a good idea to play the two of us on the same line. We both compliment each other's offensive game with my ability to shoot and Tommy’s ability to pass we will definitely provide goals and points. Add to this our ability to absolutely physically crush the opposition both with our size and our ability to hit. We will protect whatever little teammate our GM decides to put on a line with us.

I look forward to talking to you guys in the media as long as you guys will interview one or both of us. I again want to reiterate to prospective suitors that we will only play on the same team and more specifically the same line. This translate even to when we are drafted. If we are selected by opposing teams we simply will not sign. Now if you guys will excuse me I am going to go find my brother and grab a guinness before we have to start hearing from GMs trying to convince us we don’t need to play on the same line…. Tsk tsk.

Well there it is folks not a vulgar as we thought it might have been but definitely straightforward if nothing else. We also find ourselves agreeing with the brothers on their assessment of where and how they should be utilized. We won’t be surprised if these kids stick to their word and become a problem if a GM tries to mess with their plans. We will be keeping our eyes on these two and try and get more interviews with them in the coming weeks, months, and seasons.
<div align="center"><815></div>

[Image: cahill.png]

I Tommy Barlow Approve this Message! Ireland

[Image: livius.gif]