Create Account

Ask Leafs: Part 26

I love u bb

[Image: hallsy.png]

Interview how much do I have to pay you to take this job back

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Interview How have we not met or interacted at all? We're both Leaf fans. And what do you think about the moves we made in the off-season?

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

New article on SHL Draft Pick value

Does any of this kind of fit in with your view on pick trading?

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jul 6 2017, 09:53 PM
Interview how much do I have to pay you to take this job back

Who put this guy in charge?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Crossfit Jesus@Jul 6 2017, 09:56 PM
Interview How have we not met or interacted at all? We're both Leaf fans. And what do you think about the moves we made in the off-season?

Regardless of us not interacting, any Leafs fan is a friend of mine. With me only checking in for the sim, there's a lot of newer members that I don't know. Honestly, I have no idea about any of the moves made. I see trades made and don't even recognize most of the names.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jul 6 2017, 10:02 PM
New article on SHL Draft Pick value

Does any of this kind of fit in with your view on pick trading?

My view on pick trading was pretty basic to be honest. Don't trade 1sts unless you're getting an active, sure thing. Also, don't let anything after the 2nd round stop you from making a trade.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Hey Leafs!

Since you're so inactive, let's talk inactivity

1) With how long you've been here, did you have a good sense of what rookies would soon go inactive by the time you drafted them in the SHL, or were you always surprised as the rest of us?

2) What do you think of the transition from LR to other apps. Do you think implementing Chatzy way back when was a mistake?

3) How the hell did you make Wikstrom a good player?

4) Any comments about the current culture in Winnipeg?

:o Leafs!

Well, hello sir. Good to hear things are well on the other side. How's being 83 treating you? Remember to treat the nurses well.

With your distance from the league recently, how do you feel toward it? What are some viewpoints you have with fresher eyes now?

I'm in my 8th season of simming, Jack made it to 11. How much longer should I go? With you now knowing how much time is spent in your jobs on here and how nice it is to leave it after a while, I'm curious of your insight.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Jul 7 2017, 12:01 AM
Hey Leafs!

Since you're so inactive, let's talk inactivity

1) With how long you've been here, did you have a good sense of what rookies would soon go inactive by the time you drafted them in the SHL, or were you always surprised as the rest of us?

2) What do you think of the transition from LR to other apps. Do you think implementing Chatzy way back when was a mistake?

3) How the hell did you make Wikstrom a good player?

4) Any comments about the current culture in Winnipeg?

There are always surprises in every draft class. For me, I had a long list of players going inactive on me so I guess I didn't see it coming. However, a weird thing I've noticed is there are some signs that I usually see. There are some types of usernames and player names that scream inactive to me. I don't know why, but I've noticed a trend with them. Now, obviously it's not fool-proof, but there's more than enough for me to notice.

I can see the pros of having a chat system. It's instantaneous and easy to have a conversation. I like having them for big league events because it keeps everyone together in one area to talk about it, but for daily posting I like having it on the forums, it brings more activity.

You had a great build and I immediately targeted you in trade talks. You fit exactly where I wanted you in my lineup and I was determined to get you in the trade with the Wolfpack.

The culture right now is awesome. The members in the locker room are great and the activity is higher than it has been in a while. I really like what Winnipeg has going right now.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Jul 7 2017, 12:23 AM
:o Leafs!

Well, hello sir. Good to hear things are well on the other side. How's being 83 treating you? Remember to treat the nurses well.

With your distance from the league recently, how do you feel toward it? What are some viewpoints you have with fresher eyes now?

I'm in my 8th season of simming, Jack made it to 11. How much longer should I go? With you now knowing how much time is spent in your jobs on here and how nice it is to leave it after a while, I'm curious of your insight.

It hurts like hell getting out of bed, but the rub downs do wonders.

There is something that it hitting me recently. If I ever retire and recreate, it's going to be a daunting task to build a player. The thought of starting from the beginning and having to grind is really stalling my retirement. I never even thought about that until now. I still think the update scale is good for the league, but I can now see how people feel when they are faced with starting from scratch.

Keep going until you are sure that it's time to stop. My worry when I stepped down was regretting the decision. Luckily, it was time and I was ready to watch from the sidelines. You don't want to step down when you're not ready, see someone else do the job and always think about taking it back. Keep going until you sure that calling it quits is the right move.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Do you regret taking Kovalenko over Perhonen?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Jul 7 2017, 11:32 AM
Do you regret taking Kovalenko over Perhonen?

I think it worked out well for all parties.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Care to comment about Rembrandt Q. Einstein performance this season?

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Quote:Originally posted by Bonk@Jul 9 2017, 09:30 PM
Care to comment about Rembrandt Q. Einstein performance this season?

Much better than I think most people expected. Manious is the perfect D partner for him so props to him for elevating my game.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0