Create Account

Udderly Wisco Boys Ep 1

Shit. About a month and a half late. Good thing is questions don't get old and the drama always grows here on the SHL. Best part... doing this with <a href='index.php?showuser=1855' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Rich</a>

Whats on it... playoff preds... c drams... and insight on why Rich chose Portland :admirals:

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO EPISODE ONE!

[Image: Wally.png]

This was a good time. I hope you do some more. Cheers

With that out of the way, now the criticism. Tongue

I felt you gave short shrift to my man Esa a little. The guy has never failed to be successful as a GM, whether in Detroit or Calgary. They missed the playoffs one single season and that's about it. He's won a Four Star cup and numerous Challenge cups and been a playoff force the other seasons. He knows how to arrange and run lines. That proof has already been seen in the pudding.

Alright, got that out of my system. You two are both nice and knowledgable fellas. You have a lot to say about the league and I look forward to hearing more of it.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Jul 9 2017, 12:41 AM
This was a good time. I hope you do some more.&nbsp; Cheers

With that out of the way, now the criticism.&nbsp; Tongue

I felt you gave short shrift to my man Esa a little. The guy has never failed to be successful as a GM, whether in Detroit or Calgary. They missed the playoffs one single season and that's about it. He's won a Four Star cup and numerous Challenge cups and been a playoff force the other seasons. He knows how to arrange and run lines. That proof has already been seen in the pudding.

Alright, got that out of my system. You two are both nice and knowledgable fellas. You have a lot to say about the league and I look forward to hearing more of it.

Thanks Slap! No hate at all to Esa... He knows I love him and one of the GMs I respect the utmost in the league. Per the narrative... It's always easy to look at the team that should be in and doesn't make it. The West is a shit show and I'm glad to see Esa and the boys back to their ways of domination this season. But if that team could hurry up and retire it would make my life much more God damn easier Tongue

Great pod, always loved Rich and Akamai, this is an awesome combo as well!

I need to point out that I did not agree to this name

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Jul 9 2017, 12:41 AM
This was a good time. I hope you do some more.&nbsp; Cheers

With that out of the way, now the criticism.&nbsp; Tongue

Sorry if it sounded like we were discounting what Esa has done. That certainly wasn't my intention. I've got nothing but nice things to say about him. He's always been a class act when I dealt with him in Calgary. The point I wanted to make was that Calgary had slow starts in the past 3 seasons(I think it was 3, might have just been 2), and that the West has gotten too competitive to keep doing that. Even with the great team he has built, the rest of us are catching up. Unless there was another part where we talked about Calgary that you're referring to. I don't remember everything we covered, we had no structure to how we switched topics, so it all kind of blends together in my head.

Oooh, when I was talking about free agency I forgot to mention that WKP made me an offer, which I didn't not anticipate. Those were the two that really threw a wrench into my plan to just take the most money. So the final decision came down to WKP and POR. I really like everyone in WKP, everyone knows what a great LR they have, so it was very tough to say no to Bojo.

I hope we get to do more of these. I really like being able to speak with someone else about SHL stuff.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Quote:Originally posted by Rich@Jul 9 2017, 08:51 AM
I need to point out that I did not agree to this name

Cheese comes from milk, milk comes from cows, the best cows are from Wisconsin and we are dudes. Plus I wanted to start with episode one versus 4, which we should be on. Tongue lol

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Jul 9 2017, 10:28 AM

Cheese comes from milk, milk comes from cows, the best cows are from Wisconsin and we are dudes. Plus I wanted to start with episode one versus 4, which we should be on. Tongue lol

I was actually loving the talk about Wisconsin in general. I've driven through it, but never really spent any time there. One of the coolest things about listening to SHL podcasts is hearing people elaborate about where they are from: the food, culture, sometimes language, etc. Loving that you actually work at a brewery Wally. As you've probably figured out by now, kinda a fan of beer. :D

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Jul 9 2017, 11:05 AM

I was actually loving the talk about Wisconsin in general. I've driven through it, but never really spent any time there. One of the coolest things about listening to SHL podcasts is hearing people elaborate about where they are from: the food, culture, sometimes language, etc. Loving that you actually work at a brewery Wally. As you've probably figured out by now, kinda a fan of beer.&nbsp; :D

I wish it was a brewery... Although I get to tour nearly every brewery in south central Wisconsin. I work for a mass beer distributor that is the main hub for Miller Brewery and then many many other breweries, both large and craft. I've always thought a SHL meet up should be planned for a brewery here in Wisconsin during the Fall. Would be a blast!