Create Account

Letter to Montreal

<div align="center">[Image: DaveyGoal3.gif]</div>

It seems like just yesterday the young, Swedish winger announced his eligibility for the SMJHL Entry Draft and became a member of the Montreal Impact. Though his name is not as big as some from his draft class, nor is the spotlight on him remotely as close as it is compared to even the mediocre from their draft class, Elias Lindstrom has made some sort of name for himself and that name is that he's a versatile, two-way player who comes up huge offensively for his organization. Despite being drafted in the second round (16th overall) with the last pick of the round by the Montreal Impact, it's safe to say that since then he has surpassed all expectations - maybe even his own. Since that day, he's spent the last 3 seasons playing for the Montreal Impact and each year he has seen above average success and personal growth. The question is not where he will go, as he will be heading to play for Toronto after the conclusion of this season, but what he will become as a player in the Simulation Hockey League. For Lindstrom, whatever that is, a lot of thanks he says he owed to Montreal.

"Montreal took me in as one of their own. I joined them a season prior to the draft, just short of the post-season ending if I'm not mistaken. Though I didn't make any noise, I must have done something good enough for them to choose me in the second round. Yeah, I felt as if it was a little lower in the draft rankings that I expected or had hoped, but the fact that I was returning to Montreal again made me absolutely ecstatic.

Despite the negativity that initially surrounded myself, I learned to cope with it, overcome it and put it behind me. It was silly of me and was an amazing maturing and growing lesson. Then I got to spend the next 3 seasons with a team that gave me so much. For that, I am always grateful to the organization"

<div align="center">Season 33</div>

Elias Lindstrom was selected by the Montreal Militia in the second round with the 16th overall pick. Shortly after the draft, negativity around the young prospect came forward and put a damper on the start of his career. Being handed a 25 game suspension was not light on his heart and heavier on his mind, but he managed to prevail, put his head down and turn the flame on a little higher. Though it wasn't easy sitting on the sidelines, cheering from the stands, the 25 games slowly passed by and it was time for Lindstrom to finally hop in on the action. Even with the season cut short, he put up some excelling numbers and showed Montreal that they may have still been right in choosing him.

Quote:25 GP - 9 G - 6 A - 15 PTS - +4 - 15.54 AVG/Minutes

<div align="center">Season 34</div>

Season 33 and 34 had a couple similarities but a lot of them had evolved. During the off-season, Lindstrom put his head down and trained harder than he ever had in his life. Then the moment his foot touched the ice during the first game back with Montreal during the Season 34 regular season, it was lights out from that moment on. Flying all the way to the finish line, Elias Lindstrom led the Milita in points and goals, while finishing 2nd on the team for assists.

Quote:50 GP - 25 G - 31 A - 56 PTS - 17.85 AVG/Minutes

<div align="center">Season 35</div>

This season was a lot slower, but arguably, the team was weaker. The extreme dominance which was displayed only a season ago had vanished and a similar play returned which resembled his rookie season with the club. Yet, even with a weaker performance from both him and the team, you can't really dub the season as a waste for him. Through the 50 games, he had 18 goals, 17 assists for 35 points. He averaged slightly less minutes than the year before (which I find is fucked) and was still a strong contributor on the ice.

Quote:50 GP - 18 G - 17 A - 35 PTS - 17.83 AVG/Minutes

<i><b><div align="center">And now, we guess this means good bye..</div></b></i>

Quote:I would like to thank the Montreal Militia organization for an amazing junior career and the opportunity to be apart of something different. With personal experience on this site, I've always been apart of the Vancouver Whalers organization - for as long as I can remember - so to call a new place home and actually see it as one, it was really special. The start was not an easy transition and the negative drama which focused around me was unfortunate, however, led to personal growing and ability to handle on the SHL. It wasn't an easy task and even may have been a regret at the start, but I'm truly glad <a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a> and company decided to stick it out with me (even if they had no choice..?) and see how things went.

I may not be 100% active or a post or TPE whore like I used to be once upon a time, but with Montreal was the first time I enjoyed this site since before Season 22 (or about then). I don't do all the tasks, but I'm enjoying seeing my player grow and actually have goals to crush - so I guess time will tell.

To my teammates, thanks for the chance to play alongside you guys. Wish the LR's weren't so shit and discord destroyed the league - but nonetheless, the small amounts the LR was bumping, it was nice. Thanks for the success - both personal and as a group. Thanks to the management for once again sticking with me - giving me the chance and rolling with the punches together. Lots of success between the two and it was a pretty good manager to player relationship.

Without carrying this on anymore, thank you Montreal for the good times. Montreal will always be one of my SHL homes during Lindstrom's career.

Elias Lindstrom

<div align="center">[Image: giphy.gif]</div>

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

You've been nothing but class since I joined Toronto, and I'm very happy you're on our squad long-term. Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

very nice career. Cheers

+1 post

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Congrats on a great career in MTL! When I was GM we were very lucky to have you land where you did in the draft. Good luck in Toronto next season, it's a great group with great people Cheers

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Good luck in Toronto! Hopefully I'll be joining you soon! :D

You had a great career in Montreal and I'm sure you'll have a great career in Toronto. I know things started out rocky but I'm glad we had the chance to play through it and win a championship together!

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia