Create Account

Punishment for missing mandatory back-up starts

Hi everyone, I want to make a statement on this. I take full responsibility - this is something we DID discuss doing among management and something I did bring up in HO to increase the punishment. Ultimately we had no real intention of doing this but I ended up becoming extremely busy to the point where I barely was able to access the site or Discord over the past two days. I know some of you know this and some of you do not but I am currently living in Ghana, which will give some context for what happened, I hope.

On Thursday, I unexpectedly had to help my girlfriend travel to me for a festival (we traveled basically exclusively by what is essentially public transportation) - she had to leave a bit later than expected so would have to travel late so that forced me to be on the road from about 11 am to 1 am. By the time we got home, we passed right out. Yesterday morning, we had to go straight to the festival... and the service there was virtually nonexistent. Again, it was a long day and I was unable to get on the site or Discord as I wanted to be sure to put our backup in. I planned to be sure when I returned to my house. But we didn't return home until after midnight and passed right out. I woke up this morning and immediately my heart sunk, realizing I never made sure to look. I went right for the index and saw that we had played Andersson in each of our final two games and my heart sunk even further...

I don't want this to be as if I am trying to shift blame. I am not. I initiated discussion with my Co-GM and Coach about doing this and, yes, did even bring it up in the HO. We had been leaning towards not doing it because it was against the spirit of the rule... Yet I became MIA when I was needed the most and we needed to make a decision. I left those in management stranded without a decision after suggesting the possibility of playing our backup and extra game despite setting up a system where I normally make the final calls and I am sorry for that <a href='index.php?showuser=1242' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Andybj</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=5' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>sarmo</a>. I also apologize to those who this likely ended up impacting seeding of - namely the Stampede <a href='index.php?showuser=1245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnWalrus</a> and the North Stars <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Winter is Coming</a>. I know and understand that this season will likely forever be stained by this decision and if I were being impacted by it, I would probably feel like I was done a bit dirty. I am seriously sorry.

As for the punishment, I will fight tooth and nail for it to remain as is in the rulebook. My management team is far from incompetent and this decision was ultimately made within the context of understanding what punishment followed for us next season. However, I do agree that the punishment should be increased in the future, something I did propose in the GM Office when this was even a discussion amongst our team, a proposition that was shot down fairly quickly.

All in all, I want it to be clear that I take responsibility for this and that I am not trying to let others take the fall for me. I essentially vanished when an important decision had to be made and I never really made my stance on this position clear enough as I assumed I would be around to make the appropriate line changes. To all those angered by what we did... I don't blame you. I really don't. So hopefully we can enact a rule change that prevents this from ever being a viable option again, which I don't believe it ever should have been.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Wrote more of an essay than JY in the indexes.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=1773' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Baelor Swift</a> I don't think anyone is really mad at anyone, I think it's just the idea that the punishment clearly isn't too bad if teams are contemplating breaking it.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]