Create Account

Cassius Darrow Post S48 Press Conference
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 01:12 PM by hhh81.)

*SHOCKED HUSH*

"Good evening all. My name is Cassius Darrow, two-time Challenge Cup champion with the Buffalo Stampede, proud German, and enemy of the city of Kelowna for their horrific knockwurst.

I know I don't speak to you all often, but coming off the excitement of winning our second Challenge Cup, and going into this offseason, I thought it good to change that. Rather than allowing my agent, Mr. Hamilton, to speak for me, it seemed better to do a thing that I hate and speak with the media.

I am very proud of what we've been able to accomplish in my two full seasons with the Stampede, and I have appreciated how @Tomen and @WannabeFinn have treated me. It has been a wonderful experience from the moment they drafted me 4th overall to winning the franchises' first Cup during my call-up season. I have met great people my entire time, more than I can name here. I will take a moment to speak about playing my entire career thus far with my dear friend Alexander Selich nearby, both with Colorado, Team Germany, and Buffalo. I would not trade this experience for the world.

Despite all this, I know many of you have shared rumors about me. Wondering what I will do, now that my contract lapses. After a great deal of thought and conversations with management, I have decided I'm going to test free agency this offseason.

This may surprise some, and others likely do not believe me. It is true--when free agency opens this offseason, I will listen to offers from teams and see what makes the most sense for me as a person and player. Do not read this as any slight toward the Buffalo franchise, nor an indication I would not resign with the club. I know what value they put on me, and what their offer is. It is a very fair and very fine offer, and one I could be happy with. All the same, I will listen to offers in the coming weeks and see what will be best for me. If that is staying in Buffalo, good. If that is leaving the SHL to return to Germany, that is also good.

*awkward silence*

I will now take your questions.
---
So yeah, ask any questions you have for Darrow as his free agency looms
---
07-26-2019, 05:39 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: You now have two cups to your name, what is left to prove? What keeps you pushing yourself to be better? 

With the exception of management in BUF, who do you think is the best current SHL GM?

Will the SHL draft destination of Ricky Spanish, a player who Colorado missed out on in last year's SMJHL Draft, make any impact on where you decide to sign?
*laughs* You have many questions! Thank you.

I think I can lead a team to a Cup. I don't need to be the biggest star on the team, but I know I can do more than Buffalo's asked me to do. We saw it in the first round--when I play with great players, things go well. Many days I felt invisible and just going through the motions with that sandbag, Jalopski. I wasn't able to be my best. So many of you media people talk about my "potential" and blah blah. I want to live up to all that and push a team. I haven't proven anything yet, so I keep working.

To your second question, the answer is @JKortesi81. He finds ways to make tricky things happen to keep his teams a step ahead. I appreciate his aggressive plays and ability to recruit and retain challenges. I hate him and his old team because the Crows eliminated us in S44, but I respect what he's been able to do. I'm sure he will call me, as their one big hole is for a top pairing defenseman. I don't know if Mr. Hamilton will answer *grins*... he is glad for the BUF-NOS rivalry, and for BUF to keep beating Kortesi.

Who? I'm sorry... I don't follow the juniors. I heard Colorado has had struggles, but again, I don't really follow prospects. I'm sorry.

07-26-2019, 02:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: How intriguing is the option to return to Germany and retire from the SHL on top as a Challenge Cup champion? A lot of teams could really use a player like Darrow on the back end to bring them to the level of Challenge Cup contention, but one can definitely see the allure of being able to play in your hometown in front of friends and family as the best hockey player in the entire DEL.
I love Germany, and I enjoyed my younger years on the cusp of playing in the DEL. Many clubs wanted me to stay home and join them at 16, 17. I wanted to play against the best of the best. I've been able to do that, and I'd like to keep doing that. I'm sure my agent will entertain offers from the DEL, and if it makes sense, I could go back. I do want to go back, someday. But not today. Today is for the SHL and winning more Challenge Cups.

07-26-2019, 11:31 AMTate Wrote: What are you looking for in any of the teams that make an offer this offseason? What's the ideal situation for Darrow to move into?

Raptors
I'm very fortunate that I've been able to play for such strong teams in Buffalo. I wouldn't want to change that. From my first day in North America, I said I wanted to win championships, and I was willing to take whatever role a team needed from me to make that happen. I still want to be part of a winning team that can contend for Challenge Cups. Now, I know I'm a top four defender in the SHL, and will need that opportunity to consider signing with a team. Third pairing time is unacceptable. Also, the people around me will matter a lot. I've been able to play with some impressive people throughout my career so far, and it'd be exciting to possibly team up with people I haven't been around since juniors. I think I can help a lot of teams in their title window as that last piece to put them over the top.

Rebuilding teams, or teams with management who aren't working toward a clear plan... they need not reach out. I won't play for a rebuilding team. If I wanted to play with children, I would go back to Germany.

07-26-2019, 04:37 AMwumaduce Wrote: Have you thought about doing a massive tpe redistribute, banking it, and coming down to the J to play with DBJ?
I... no. That thought never crossed my mind. I enjoyed my time in the SMJHL. Colorado was a wonderful city and the fans treated us well. Sebastian Frost was an outstanding general manager and helped me reach where I am today. But no... no. I actually haven't been back to Colorado since my agent became the GM. Is there anyone on the team I've played with *chuckle*?
*aide whispers to him*
"Oh... oh! Is there no age limit? Bohne is a funny man, quitting and then returning to juniors. We missed him in the German camps recently; he was a good player. But when he declared he wasn't returning to Germany, I stopped thinking of him. Country is everything.

07-26-2019, 03:42 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: What do you feel is the biggest asset you bring to potential teams interested in signing you?
I think it's my unselfishness on the ice. I focus on getting the puck to my teammates and helping them score. I haven't gotten to do a lot of that so far with Buffalo, but things went very well at the start of the playoffs when I spent a lot of time on the ice with Louie Garrett. It was exciting to play with a player like him who can do so much damage with a little space. I like helping those players find space.

Quote:Ready for grading

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

i got a cardboard box ready if you want

Go get that Hippo style contract!

RETIRED

What do you feel is the biggest asset you bring to potential teams interested in signing you?

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Have you thought about doing a massive tpe redistribute, banking it, and coming down to the J to play with DBJ?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

What are you looking for in any of the teams that make an offer this offseason? What's the ideal situation for Darrow to move into?

Raptors

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

How intriguing is the option to return to Germany and retire from the SHL on top as a Challenge Cup champion? A lot of teams could really use a player like Darrow on the back end to bring them to the level of Challenge Cup contention, but one can definitely see the allure of being able to play in your hometown in front of friends and family as the best hockey player in the entire DEL.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

You now have two cups to your name, what is left to prove? What keeps you pushing yourself to be better?

With the exception of management in BUF, who do you think is the best current SHL GM?

Will the SHL draft destination of Ricky Spanish, a player who Colorado missed out on in last year's SMJHL Draft, make any impact on where you decide to sign?

updated through here

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

can I grade this yet?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!