Create Account

A Ninja in San Francisco - Television

The McClouds sat on the couch, all together, all patiently staring at the object in front of them. It was their old television, the one McCloud bought when he got his first check from the San Francisco Pride, back when he played at Anaheim. Yoshimitsu seemed hopeful, having taken off his mask to properly watch the person fixing the television (Omelette, as one would expect), Takimitsu looked pretty uninterested over it all with a bored expression over her face while still getting used to her more modest clothing after an incident during the Outlaws' trophy party not too long ago, Ibukimitsu and Mizutimitsu seemed to be pushing against each other, trying to occupy space in the couch and finally, Kunimitsu was trying to sew a sweater. Soon enough, however, they saw a couple of sparks coming out from the box. Omelette threw her protection goggles down, sighing.

"Yeah. It's screwed up." The mood inside the room worsened, but Yoshimitsu had a smile on his face after coming up with an idea. "I mean... we are ninjas, surely we can live without television, right?" Silence followed, to which he looked around. "OK. I guess not." He shrugged and the room fell into silence again. Soon enough, however, Kunimitsu, who was still focused on her sewing job replied, not even bothering to look up. "Isn't Omelette a genius? She could build a new television, no?" The girl genius looked at her, frowning still. "I'm not saying I couldn't, but I'm a player agent now and-"

Takimitsu pushed up from the chairs, raising her voice. "Some sports agent you are, you only work with Yoshi and that's it. By all accounts, you're probably hoping he asks you out!" That was followed by a small blush and some uncertain words from Omelette. "M-M-Maybe... Look, the point is... Uh... I could but I need to unlearn it so I can be a good sports agent for your brother!" The kunoichi looked at her brother, raising an eyebrow. Yoshi sighed, walked up to the sports agent and gave her a hug. "Omelette... couldn't you break this egg for us?" The girl blushed, getting out of the hug before nodding and running to another room, the one she left pieces of robots at. The ninjas grinned.

(...)

Night had already fallen at San Francisco. Mizutimitsu stared through the window of their room, looking at the streets near their house.
Omelette was still working at their new television but by that point, the Irish girl had already more or less given up on her hopes of watching something that night. Ibukimitsu was busy doing her homework, which meant the room was fairly quiet.

"S-Sister... is it supposed to be... boring here like this?" Ibukimitsu kept her eyes on her books. "No, but most of us don't make enough money to afford luxuries, so we'll have to wait and see if Omelette is able to make stuff for us." The younger of the two chuckled. "She really like us, right?" The student preferred to keep focused on the books, replying with a shrug. "She reminds me of mama sometimes, yup-yup!"

The two shared a chuckle before being called down by Yoshimitsu. Apparently, Omelette had managed to do the unthinkable.

(...)

It was a fairly big machine. A metallic exterior with a flat-screen, which she probably took from one of her uncle's old large computers. Buttons that were probably re-used from some child's toy, although it could always just have been another invention from the days her uncle tried to build a mega carnival in space (quite the story, that) and the controller itself was surprisingly solid and well-put, considering she spent very little time at it.

"So, whatcha lot think?" She stood proudly to the side of the television, hands on her hips, striking a pose. Kunimitsu tilted her head somewhat, raising an eyebrow under the mask. "It looks like it'll kill us." The self-proclaimed genius crossed her arms, filling her own cheeks with air. "Now, now. I'm sure it'll work fine, Omelette." He held her hand, smiling. "Thank you, sweetheart."

While the girl kept a blush on her face and recomposed, Yoshi picked the controller and turned the television on, only to find...

Silence filled the room again.

"Well, we have to admit, Omelette. You sure managed to hit a new level in your own craft." Omelette smirked before the kunoichi finished her line. "Never would I think that you'd give us the chance to watch the..." Yoshimitsu examined the screen. "The Japanese Junior Hockey Championship?" The "former" scientist rose an eyebrow, lowering her glasses, who now hung around her neck, turning around to see what was going on. "Japanese.... what?" An announcer said something, to which Mizutimitsu quickly translated as "And tonight's game is a duel between Jean-Louis Robotnik and his Yokohama Demigods against the united forces of Chen Jianhong and Daisuke Hamasaki and their Osaka Mighty Chefs!" Omelette sat at one couch, surprised with herself but also confused. She also noticed that it was her cousin playing as well.

Her shock was cut short, once Yoshimitsu kissed her cheek, sitting with her. "Give me the honour to watch a game between Osaka and Yokohama with you, sweet lady?" The girl blushed again, nodding. "A-Alright... b-b-but only if you answer me one thing."

"When did you guys ever learn how to speak Japanese?"

The answer was almost in unison.

"Our dad taught us."

Quote:Words: 1059
Just wanted to have some fun with the characters I came up with. Plus, the season hasn't been all that great for the Pride, so I figured writing about something somewhat unrelated would be a bit more fun.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR