Create Account

Nightmare Draft Recap By Head Scout Saku Perhonen

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I'm Saku Perhonen, winger... and occassionally centre for the Vancouver Nightmare. However this article isn't about me. It's about the four new Nightmare who will be causing havoc. Today we will talk about the reasoning behind the picks, what we expect of them and where they will likely be playing next year.

[Image: 10zrams.jpg]

We started off by grabbing Tyler Edwards. The self-proclaimed power forward has been no where to be seen as of late. We saw this as a high risk high reward pick since if he comes back he'd be a great steal for us. We came into this position desperately wanting to take Magnus Risku who topped our rankings for our pick. No offense to Edwards but the Platoon definatley got a major steal there. Edwards will likely play on the Knights or on our 3rd line for this upcoming season. We expect him to develop into a top-6 power forward following the mold of Ronan O'Keefe.

Next, we grabbed an outstanding forward who has shown great dedication and an enthusiasm towards helping out his former team, the Boston Battalion, Andy Buggeli. Buggeli was an excellent choice where we grabbed him, our scouting staff was very high on how enthusiastic he appeared and how willing he would be to improve. We expect Buggeli to play on the Knights this season because, he's too well-rounded and doesn't have a stand-out skill set that can put him into a set role in the big leagues for now. We hope Buggeli will become a top-6 centreman later in his career.

Afterwards, the Nightmare drafted Jamal Walker on the Kelowna Knights. Walker posted an amazing save percentage playing for the Knights even with a weak defense in front of him. He also dominated for Team World at the U-20 IIHF tournament. It was a no brainer to take him at this position, especially with his connection to me, as we hang-out in Iceland in the off-season. We expect Walker to become a GREAT back-up goaltender but for now he'll definatley be spending time in Kelowna rather than seeing a whole 0 games behind Marshall MacPherson.

Lastly we have Michael Torrey. Torrey is an exceptional sniper with an uncanny nose for the net. He can drive the net and push people out of the way, or tee up a one-timer. Seeing this kind of strength on a sniper made me wonder about the possibilities for a player like Michael Torrey so he was a must-have at our draft position. We expect Torrey to go to the Knights as well as he could use some work on his skating and defensive play. We could see him as a depth scoring 3rd liner with an occasional 2nd line call-up.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Can't you find your own idea for a media article :lol:

You had to copy me :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Dec 31 2011, 04:08 PM
Can't you find your own idea for a media article  :lol:

You had to copy me  :ph34r:

Actually... yeah that's the exact reason

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Why we drop some peeps

Discord are for plebs