Create Account

Strom Chamberlain Pre Draft Conference. (2x Draft Media Presser, 1052 Words)
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 10:36 AM by Chevy.)

Strom steps into the press room sporting an Anaheim Outlaws cap as well as a nice button down shirt and khakis. He takes a drink of water as he pulls his chair forward and adjusts the microphone. 

Hello everyone. This is my first real press conference as they didn’t have me do one in Anaheim during the SMJHL draft, so its new to me. I’ll try my best to answer any questions you have. 

With a nod he starts scanning the room of hands darting up from the reporters. After scanning a couple seconds, he points to you.

Quote:Where do you want to play and why?

Where do I want to play?  In the SHL obviously, but that will come with time.  I wouldn't mind being on any team that picked me as each will have their own exciting adventures and opportunity.   Lets be real though, regardless of who picks me I'm going to be guarding the net in Anaheim as their starter for at least two more seasons I'd reckon.

Quote:In your short time in the league, Have there been any goalies which have caught your eye or you would like to emulate?

Oh, definitely.  Tibuk Soonika is one of them.  He's a legend in Anaheim, and fortunately my goalie coach there.  He's doing really well with the Syndicate.  Hopefully I plan to break some of his records with the Outlaws though, haha.  Another that caught my eye is Edmonton's Tommy Tuck.  He did extremely well this year, despite losing in the finals.  I was checking out his early stats and we're almost 1 for 1 in our ability and play style.  However, while emulation is a high form of flattery...I'll mostly likely have to evolve with the game and find my own way of doing things.  These shooters in the league, man they are tough.  

Quote:How do you feel the sim treated you in your rookie year? Feel like you came out ahead/behind where you expected?

I feel the game was pretty decent.  I'm new, so I didn't go into it thinking I was going to be a starter.  Fortunately, the staff at Anaheim placed me as backup to a very good veteran in Abroop Dhami, whom I learned quite a lot from throughout the season.   Overall, I feel I came out ahead.  I was drafted 34th overall, which I wasn't entirely expecting but now going into Season 52 I'm pretty sure I locked in the starting goalie spot for Anaheim and that's all someone can ask for going into their sophomore year.  I'm a little older, a little wiser and ready to take another stab at a 4-star cup championship.

Quote:Have you looked at FHM stats yet? Any thoughts as to what you want to build using that engine?

I've heard the rumors about the training changes coming down the pipe in a couple seasons.  I haven't really put much thought to it until its made official.  There are definitely a few trainers out there in the league who are smarter than I am about it.  I'll let them see what works for the league and jump on it early when the training techniques become available for the league.

Quote:Did you enjoy your rookie season?

Rookie season was a blast.  Sure, it was fast paced and there was a lot of information to pick up on, but I think I can speak on behalf of my whole draft class that we adapted pretty well.

Quote:What are you planning to improve to come back better next season?

I'm a larger guy.  Not round like some people think, but when you're taller skating and getting down for rebound control are usually some of the things to suffer.  I've been working hard with Tibuk in the off-season so far on getting better control of that and a little more agility on the blades to help keep the garbage out of the crease.

Quote:Do you think your ready for the starting job?

Yes.  I'd like to think so.  If you go back and look at the tapes from the beginning of the season where I was still kind of doing my own thing, and compare it to after Tibuk came in to coach and actually focus me on a direction...yeah, I think I'm ready.  No time like the present.  I mean, just look at the playoffs last season.  Before we were knocked out by Anchorage, I was leading the post-season in saves and goals against average.  That and a perfect shoot-out record I think makes some sort of statement, right?

Quote:What do you think of Anaheim's recent GM change?

I don't think anything is going to change.  Donini was a fantastic Assistant to Gibbles and now that excellence is spreading to Minnesota with Gibbles' "promotion".  Donini has great focus and excellent insight on the game.  I think we'll have a decent shot this year, or even next year for another 4-star cup.

Quote:What's been the best part of your experience in the SHL?

Playing.  That's what all of us come here to do.  Its such an adrenaline rush when you get your name called in the draft that a team wants you, and then you get to put on that sweater and hit the ice for a game.  Nothing beats it.  

Strom scans the room again briefly, most of the reporters hands being down now.

Does anyone have anymore questions?

Hearing none, Strom waves at the reporters and exits so another draftee can do their pre-draft interview.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Where do you want to play and why?

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

In your short time in the league, Have there been any goalies which have caught your eye or you would like to emulate?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

How do you feel the sim treated you in your rookie year? Feel like you came out ahead/behind where you expected?

Have you looked at FHM stats yet? Any thoughts as to what you want to build using that engine?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Did you enjoy your rookie season?
What are you planning to improve to come back better next season?
Do you think your ready for the starting job?
What do you think of Anaheim's recent GM change (there is a right answer Wink )
What's been the best part of your experience in the SHL?