Create Account

Nikiforov visits Russian Paradise, Prepares for Draft
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 05:39 AM by DELIRIVM.)

(disclaimer: this media sucks) [442 Words]

An phone alarm chirpes off loudly as young Daniil Nikiforov of the Vancouver Whalers swings his adidas shoes, already laced up tight, out from under the blankets. 

"Ring Ring go alarm clock. 5am in morning. Time go! Time visit Три полоски! Excited for draft but excite to dress for occasion first!"

Nobody told Daniil that the Adidas Store in downtown Vancouver opened at 11am and not 5am.

"I am so excite to visit ACTUAL ADIDAS STORE! When I lived back in Nizhny we have buy Adidas out of trunk of man named Dmitri Polchenkov car. They all smell terrible and be used. Great deal though!" 

Daniil pulls on a standard white adidas t-shirt and slipps a pair of adidas shorts over his adidas sneakers.

"Oh these? I got equipment manager to order me TWENTY PACK OF SAME T-SHIRT AND SHORTS! But I never get to visit real adidas store. This like Christmas. Underwear are red adidas as well, want see?"

Nikiforov, now out of the bathroom, begins to pull down his short down for the phone he has propped up on his dresser. 

"We edit this out later, maybe make special cut available for $9.99."

Daniil lets out a hearty chuckle as he pulls his shorts back on and grabs the keys for his rental car, a 2020 Lexus IS, and sits in the passenger seat. He adjusts the camera to catch him driving. A smile across his face as he pulls out a second phone.

"Мама! Я собираюсь посетить Родину Adidas! Я куплю тебе рубашки и нижнее белье. Вы хотите ящик?" (Mother! I am visiting Adidas Homeland! I will buy you t-shirts and undergarments. Do you want a crate?")

A shrill voice on the other line excitedly questions the young Russian center. He nods even though the very important person, his mother, on the other side of the call has no clue that he is nodding.

"Мне нужно хорошо одеться на мероприятие в среду. Я думаю, что золотой спортивный костюм и белые кроссовки Adidas. Что вы думаете?" (I need to get well dressed for the SHL event on Wednesday. I think a gold tracksuit and white Adidas sneakers. What do you think?)

The voice gets louder at the moment he brings up the SHL Draft. Daniil responds in soft broken English to his mother.

"Da, Mama. I will call you soon as I know where I go. Expect merchandize from team I get draft to, Mama. я тоже тебя люблю."

Nikiforov starts up his rental and takes off into the sunrise. Probably having to sit in his car for 4 hours when he could have realistically slept in a bit more. 

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Actual Russian learner here. You're calling your mother in the вы form, and last minute switch to ты. So you're being very formal and showing respect to your mother, who you know very well, and then switch from вы to ты last minute as if you have suddenly insulted her after showing respect. I'd just use ты - the switching makes it very odd and obvious that it's an English translation.

Just some feedback.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

07-13-2020, 06:05 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: Actual Russian learner here. You're calling your mother in the вы form, and last minute switch to ты. So you're being very formal and showing respect to your mother, who you know very well, and then switch from вы to ты last minute as if you have suddenly insulted her after showing respect. I'd just use ты - the switching makes it very odd and obvious that it's an English translation.

Just some feedback.
huh the more you know! This was interesting an interesting explanation (tho I am a big fan of languages)

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!