Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #3 - Settling In

How have I enjoyed my time in the SMJHL so far? Well for starters, I will say I'm very happy to have been drafted by the same team as my brother, Vladmir. It's definitely a shame that we couldn't have more Petrovs in Anchorage though. Now most of those other bums are stuck in last place on an expansion team. Things in Anchorage have been pretty up & down for us so far this season. I think we'd both like a little more ice time than the 10-12 minutes we've been getting each game, but the team as a whole is performing well & winning games, so I can't complain too much. Our time will come eventually as we're both top earners in the Season 56 draft class & I fully expect us to both be picked in the 1st round of the next SHL draft. Just please for the love of God, don't let it be to SFP.

Code:
165 words

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

So far in Edward Teach's first SMJHL season, things have gone well overall. Earlier on, Teach struggled a bit but I assume it was just a mix of early jitters and adapting to the advanced level of play in the league. As the season has gone on, Teach has only improved and has done a better job at giving his team a chance at the win when he gets a nod for the start. While Teach is still hunting his first shutout and has a save percentage lower than he would hope for, he's received tons of help from his teammates and his confidence in net has soared as a result. Once Teach gains more experience and is able to work on improving a few specific attributes and skills that could use some development, he should be able to get his numbers up, and as a result, give his team the best possible chance at winning.

Life in Kelowna is much different than life in Mother Russia. Making the journey to this city in Canada has been an interesting experience, a language barrier for the young Petrov, where English isn't his first language, while at the same time some people here speak even a different language, the language of the French-men. As for performing in the league, it has definitely been a bit rough, as Mikhael's 1 goal on 53 shots leave a lot to be desired. Of course, the Petrov of Kelowna is not focused on scoring, instead on blocking shots and hitting fools, and while he isn't the best Petrov so far in either category, he is a very reliable defenceman for Kelowna and has provided a bruising presence in the lower pairings so far in his rookie season of the SMJHL. He has shown a lot of potential, and with a +7 +/-, he has definitely shown he can help on the defensive side of the puck and turn those defensive stops into offensive points for the Knights. Things look good in his transition to the SMJHL, and you have to figure things will be better as he adjust and really grows into his role.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]