Create Account

Q@A With One of Tampa Bay Barracudas Newest Prosects Phillip Weaver
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 04:20 PM by W19eaver.)

Hey everybody! For those of you who don't know me yet I'm w19eaver, although you can drop the 19 and just call me Weaver if you please. My player Phillip just got drafted in the first round by the Tampa Bay Barracuda. I'm incredibly pleased with the 1st round selection and although I plan on staying in Nevada for the time being, I am stoked to be Tampa's goalie of the future. Anyone who like to get to know me better, ask my opinion on stuff or whatever other questions you can think of throw them my way. You can direct questions to either me as a user or to my player Phillip for roleplay purposes. Thanks in advance for all who decide to participate.

Quote:@PremierBromanov

how does it feel knowing you will win the cup 6 times back to back

Gosh darn amazazing 

Quote:@Fitted2106

How does it feel knowing you will have to deal with locker room problem michael fitted and will u take fitteds side or fiddlers in the who's tampas leader debate

Well I deal with problems like most normal rational adults, copious amounts of drugs, so I feel pretty good about that problem. And we'll see who buys my allegiance first (I'm super cheap)

Quote:@FlappyGiraffe

Excited to be future teammates with you Weaver!

What has been your favourite aspect of the SHL so far?

What made you choose to create as a goalie rather than a skater?

How was it playing for a brand new team in it's inaugural season?

Excited to be yours as well!

My favorite part of the SHL so far has been the media, it was my biggest draw to the league and I really enjoy reading other people's pieces and writing my own, I'm also super impressed with all the amazing graphic artists that shit is beyond me. Another favorite part has been the community and comradery.

I basically created my dad and used a story I had heard about him as my players background story

It was super cool being apart of the teams history by being there first ever starting goalie, obviously the results weren't great but we were realistic and still had a great time

Quote:@hockeyiscool

How do you feel about the shadow government of MCP_ ?

Should we be talking about this out loud?!?

Quote:@Ace

How are you enjoying your time with the Battleborn so far, Mr. Weaver?

I have been absolutely loving it! Great group of guys, very positive welcoming locker room. I feel very lucky that they drafted me and can't wait to go 4 star cup hunting with them in the next season.

Quote:@krazko

How did you enjoy the entire drafting process?

It was pretty cool although being a goalie and obviously most teams don't need one, not that many teams reached out to me before hand only 6 teams did and half of them reached out to just to tell me they weren't drafting me, so I guess I'll be more excited next time around when I don't create a goalie and maybe more teams will be reaching out, also that made the surprise element of the draft be completely nonexistent, even though I never heard from anyone that Tampa was drafting me just based on team need and the picks that they had I had no doubt it my mind I was going to be called at 17

Quote:@funk

1. You faced a historic shot volume in the J this year. With Tampa's rebuilding plan, do you think this comfort level with high shot volume will help you?

2. Speaking of the J, how long do you plan to stay down before making the jump?

3. What are your expectations for Nevada this upcoming season?

1. I'm not to worried about shot volume going forward, that will only be better next year in Nevada and by the time I get to Tampa I have confidence the team will be at the point where I won't be put in that situation again, and if I am well hell I'll just do my job the same no matter what.

2. I want to win Nevada a 4 Star Cup before I make that jump.

3. I expect us to be a lot more competitive next year, maybe we won't be S55 Newfoundland dominating, but we will be a force to reckon with. I don't expect us to finish any lower then 3rd in the division but more realistically pushing for that 2nd spot.

Quote:@Dude

What would you say is the single most important event in your player's life that lead you to such a successful, albeit new, career?

Meeting his bantam coach for sure, his family never wanted him to play hockey but his bantam coach really pushed for him to be on the team, believed in him and is the one to give him his nick name. 

Quote:@jRuutu

1. Is there any difference on how you prepare for the second season in SMJHL compared to first year one?

2. Are you going to let Tampa players score some easy goals during the training camp just to make sure things are off to as smooth start as possible?

3. How many wins is the Nevada team going to have this year?

1. Not really, I've always had the same attitude when it comes to preparing for anything and that's to just put your head down and go to work. While I don't mind a little bit of joking/messing around I've always been fairly serious in my training and practices to keep distractions to a minimum. 

2. Absolutely not! They will have to work if they want to score on me. 

3. An easy 30 wins at least.

Quote:@Rangerjase

how do you feela bout being drafted to a team during a rebuild

Tampa has a good young core coming up. Are you excited to be the backbone of the team for the coming number of seasons?

I feel great about it, sure Tampa has had some hard times and is considered rebuilding, but like you said the young core that's coming up is going to be legendary and I feel absolutely thrilled to be man in net and look forward to set franchise records here.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

how does it feel knowing you will win the cup 6 times back to back

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

How does it feel knowing you will have to deal with locker room problem michael fitted and will u take fitteds side or fiddlers in the who's tampas leader debate

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Excited to be future teammates with you Weaver!

What has been your favourite aspect of the SHL so far?

What made you choose to create as a goalie rather than a skater?

How was it playing for a brand new team in it's inaugural season?

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

How do you feel about the shadow government of MCP_ ?

How are you enjoying your time with the Battleborn so far, Mr. Weaver?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

How did you enjoy the entire drafting process?

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

1. You faced a historic shot volume in the J this year. With Tampa's rebuilding plan, do you think this comfort level with high shot volume will help you?

2. Speaking of the J, how long do you plan to stay down before making the jump?

3. What are your expectations for Nevada this upcoming season?

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

What would you say is the single most important event in your player's life that lead you to such a successful, albeit new, career?

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

1. Is there any difference on how you prepare for the second season in SMJHL compared to first year one?

2. Are you going to let Tampa players score some easy goals during the training camp just to make sure things are off to as smooth start as possible?

3. How many wins is the Nevada team going to have this year?

how do you feela bout being drafted to a team during a rebuild

Tampa has a good young core coming up. Are you excited to be the backbone of the team for the coming number of seasons?

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

@W19eaver

Weav, I wish you success. You know that. I’ll see you in Vegas .

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa