Create Account

5 reasons SHL is best simulation league

I was sitting at home, watching TV and thinking why does SHL is only simulation league I can really play and don't get bored off so fast. I won't ''suck off'' this league. I will just make a media about few reasons why I like SHL most of all simulation leagues we have out there on the internet and why I am basically only here. Plus, since I'm out here making medias, I thought to make another one, so I don't have to make them after this ''media marathon'' I have now and I have pretty stacked SHL bank account, haha. Plus, don't be mad if you are spending more time in other simulation leagues. It's just my personal opinion and feelings.

1. Hockey
Of course, one of the main reasons is that this is a hockey simulation project. I've been in basketball simulation projects and it doesn't seems so interesting for me, because hockey have always been more interesting sport to play (for me). Plus, I think that it's more interesting to try to get more points in a season than increase each seasong your points per game etc.

2. Nostalgia
Another simple, but really important point. I am old user here (from S26) and this was my first simulation project besides latvian one. Some nostalgic memories from Portland Admirals, Halifax Raiders and more. It's even more nostalgic when you see same logos for teams like Dragons, Stampede and others. For me, it's much easier to understand things here aswell. That's probably again just because I am old-head here, but still.

3. Not feeling weird
You know that feeling when you go in to new simulation league and you see all teams? Logo, team names feels just weird. Forum too. In SHL it doesn't feel so weird. You feel like all these teams are actual teams. At least, for me it works like that. More known users here aswell.

4. Old way to update your player
I don't know why, but I am one of these dudes who loves that you have your own update pages and you have to put all links there. I think it's weird and not so interesting when you just have to ''click'' a mouse to claim some TPE. This is more interesting and cooler for me. Maybe I'm just nostalgic here again, but it's just more interesting to me. You can look back at it much easier aswell, you can look up to your old player too and find other player update threads aswell. I like it.

5. How fast things goes
Last, but not least - I like how fast things goes here. Some people might think opposite, but I think it's pretty fast here. You don't have to wait long time for your media paycheck, TPE claim and other stuff. Off-seasons isn't long too (except that one time when we changes simtool to FHM). Your player gets updated fast, simulations happens often. Not a lot things to be mad about.

I think that SHL is in a nice spot right now and league just keeps to grow. Big ups to people who made it possible. I heard that real life merch will be soon in league too, so I would love to see that aswell. Having more games are cool too. I think next season will be amazing and I can't wait for it! Best of the luck to all users in new season! Will be insane!

Forum shows 600 words, wordcounter.net - 575 words

Stars Stars Stars

Lots of great points! I love the old updating way too. The portal is so easy on sites like VHL, but the way we do it here feels so old school. Nice throwback to easier days for me