Create Account

Theo Morgan Adds to his Trophy Case

What started out as a season of high optimism turned in to a season which only few can dream of. With the conclusion of Season 55, Theo Morgan was set to become a free agent. After long deliberation from him and his camp, he ultimately decided to join the Hamilton Steelhawks, a team which included a lot of older friends from his days with the Whalers. He decided to join Hamilton in hopes of having a strong team for a cup run and to have a good season alongside his friends. Little did he know just exactly the type of season he would have.

Morgan ended up starting the season on an absolute tear, taking an early lead in points over the rest of the league. While this Steelhawks roster was loaded with offensive talent, Morgan just seemed to rise to the occasion every game and continue to put up numbers. He was on an incredible pace, where at one point in the season he had almost 20 points more than the next closest skater. It just seemed as though he was unstoppable. Up until the midway mark of the season, Morgan was on pace to score 50 goals in 50 games. While he did not hit that mark, he finished the season with 43 goals and added 39 assists for a total of 82 points. These totals secured his spot in the SHL record books, as he broke the record for most goals in a single season (FHM 50 game era) previously held by Flacko Lagerfield (42), as well as make him just the 2nd player in the FHM 50 game era to break the 80 point barrier (Record currently held by Flacko Lagerfield – 84 points).

These individual numbers were outstanding, but at the end of the day, Morgan’s objective was to help his team win a Challenge Cup. That was his ultimate goal in free agency, and it was coming together. The Steelhawks were heavy favorites to win the Challenge Cup, having broke the record for most points in an SHL season with 85 and only losing a total of 10 games. They went on to the playoffs with high expectations, and there were times where it looked like their opponents had figured out how to contain them. The Steelhawks went down to the Inferno 2-1 before ultimately beating them 4-2. The next round is where the Steelhawks were tested. They were up against the Edmonton Blizzard, Morgan’s team the year prior. And the Steelhawks came out firing, taking a 3-0 series lead, only to have it wiped away and come down to one final game 7. The Steelhawks had everything to lose. The top team in the league and potentially getting reverse swept to watch the Blizzard go on to the Challenge Cup Finals instead of them. It just couldn’t happen. The Steelhawks ended up holding off the Blizzard to a 5-2 victory and advanced to the Challenge Cup Finals to face off against their division rivals Buffalo Stampede.

The Stampede were coming in with their own reverse sweep of the Chicago Syndicate and with a red hot Money D. Luffy that they had to solve to get the Challenge Cup. Morgan came to play in that finals and put up 6 points and helped his team win the Challenge Cup which he had worked so hard to win. It felt so much better winning it with the majority of his teammates from the Season 48 Four Star Cup win. The difference was, those guys had been here before, they knew what it was like to win the Challenge Cup, an achievement that so many people chase and so many come up just short. That Challenge Cup win not only gave Morgan the one trophy he was missing, but it also meant he became just the 18th member of the Quad Gold Club in SHL history.

To further improve on an already impressive season, Morgan went on to the IIHF tournament with Team Canada, which saw a stronger roster, one improved slightly from last year and a lot of the younger guys finally hitting their strides in to their prime. Team Canada was a powerhouse, and they were dominant in the tournament, and they ultimately won the Gold Medal in the Season 56 IIHF tournament, which added a 2nd IIHF Gold Medal to Morgan’s collection.

And finally, after all of that, the offseason came around and the SHL Awards Ceremony was in full swing, where Morgan was nominated for quite a few awards. While the individual awards based on his points/goals were secured, the individual awards he was nominated for were not certain. He attended the Awards Ceremony and ended up taking home 3 awards today: The Sarmad Khan, The Anton Razov and the Ron Mexico. After a career of hard work, it culminated in massive amounts of achievements, one which is probably one of the best seasons in SHL history (at least I’d like to think so).

While Theo Morgan was someone who was making strides in previous seasons to become a household name, he cemented his legacy with an incredible season, and added the following hardware to his trophy case this season:

Challenge Cup – Hamilton Steelhawks
Sergei Karpotsov Trophy – Most Points
Jay McDonald Trophy – Most Goals
Sarmad Khan Trophy – MVP as voted by the players
Anton Razov Trophy – Playoff MVP
Ron Mexico Trophy – SHL MVP
IIHF Golf Medal – Team Canada

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2020, 05:05 PM by Grum.)

Jeez man didn't realize how great of a season you had until now 0_o

Great job on the season and congrats on all the hardware!
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2020, 05:14 PM by JamesT.)

Congrats on the cup and awards this season! 

So close to reverse sweeping you guys though  Blush

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

11-26-2020, 05:05 PMGrum Wrote: Jeez man didn't realize how great of a season you had until now 0_o

Great job on the season and congrats on all the hardware!

Thanks man! Yeah I was adding the awards to my signature earlier and was like damn that's a lot of hardware in one season haha

11-26-2020, 05:14 PMJames Truong Wrote: Congrats on the cup and awards this season! 

So close to reverse sweeping you guys though  Blush

Thanks! Yeah that reverse sweep had me SWEATING, not gonna lie. Was feeling confident when we were up 3-0, but that feeling quickly got turned around.

Damn dude, you just keep churning out great players.

Congrats on the hardware.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Congrats! Proud of you.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

11-26-2020, 05:22 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: Damn dude, you just keep churning out great players.

Congrats on the hardware.

The plan is to keep that going too, so let's see how it goes!

11-26-2020, 05:39 PMCarpy48 Wrote: Congrats! Proud of you.

Thanks Carpy! <3

Yeah sure you won all those awards but at the end of the day,

Tig Murphy: 1 Bojo
Theo Morgan: 0 Bojos

I rest my case

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

HoF szn

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Imagine if we went to 66 games last season, your numbers would be just even more insane.

Congrats on a crazy good season. Either we'll never see another like it again, or if we do, the future ones will be called "A Theo Morgan-esque" season. Still cool either way.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

11-26-2020, 09:56 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Yeah sure you won all those awards but at the end of the day,

Tig Murphy: 1 Bojo
Theo Morgan: 0 Bojos

I rest my case

only one of those two is warming the bench next season... and its not Morgan

11-27-2020, 10:53 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: Imagine if we went to 66 games last season, your numbers would be just even more insane.

Congrats on a crazy good season. Either we'll never see another like it again, or if we do, the future ones will be called "A Theo Morgan-esque" season. Still cool either way.

Thanks Joe! If I would have continued on the pace, yeah. It started dipping a little towards the end, so not sure how it would project over a 66 game season. I guess we'll never know haha.

11-27-2020, 01:35 PMOtrebor13 Wrote:
11-27-2020, 10:53 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: Imagine if we went to 66 games last season, your numbers would be just even more insane.

Thanks Joe! If I would have continued on the pace, yeah. It started dipping a little towards the end, so not sure how it would project over a 66 game season. I guess we'll never know haha.

We’ll just pretend you cracked 60 goals and 110 points.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

11-27-2020, 01:39 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
11-27-2020, 01:35 PMOtrebor13 Wrote: Thanks Joe! If I would have continued on the pace, yeah. It started dipping a little towards the end, so not sure how it would project over a 66 game season. I guess we'll never know haha.

We’ll just pretend you cracked 60 goals and 110 points.

Works for me!