Create Account

Ignaz Pleyel - Prospect Showcase Interview

Ignaz Pleyel - Prospect Showcase Interview       

Reporter:
So you’ve played your first 10 games with the other prospects as part of the Tokyo Yoshi’s. It’s a pretty big step up from your previous experience, how did you feel you handled it?

Pleyel:
It was a big step, but I’m fairly happy with my performance. These guys are good but I think I was able to find ways to contribute to the team.

Reporter:
You started off hot, with an assist in your first game and a goal and an assist as well as being voted 1st star in the second game. But cooled off towards the final few games, what do you need to be a consistent performer at this level?

Pleyel:
Everyone here is so good, you can get caught trying too hard. Gotta remember to just focus on my game and play my style of game well. Not trying to be what I’m not.

Reporter:
Despite cooling off, you are still in the top 10 for goals and +/- while only averaging ~12 minutes a game on the ice. Without seeing any power play or penalty killing time. What do you need to do to see more ice time?

Pleyel:
I think it’s just I’m a bit more unknown to the coaches than some of the other guys. I need to earn their trust and it’s more than just points. But I need to earn my right to be on the ice when I don’t have the puck as well.

Reporter:
Your team, the Tokyo Yoshi’s have had a pretty dominant start. Will the team be able to maintain their performance?

Pleyel:
It’s a great team, with great players and staff. But every team in the showcase has great players. We need to keep our effort level up and treat every game as important.

Reporter: Thanks Ignaz Pleyel, those are all the questions I had for you. Good luck with the rest of the Prospect Showcase.

(Words: 326)

[Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: oMh09WY.png] [Image: pxjucze.png]

Hey, good effort out there! Keep it up!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa