Create Account

[DOUBLE PLAYOFFS] An Irish Ninja's Memories

Once again, Anton found himself in foreign territory. This time, he had been more or less dragged without his consent to Switzerland, where his girlfriend's relatives lived a surprisingly peaceful life. Of course, said relatives were Yoshimitsu McCloud and his wife Omelette, who definitively didn't fit with the concept of a peaceful life fully but it wasn't like they were having a very hard time fitting in. This time, they were there to celebrate the birthday of Mizutimaru, one of his girlfriend's sisters. The erstwhile Le Chic de Paris (among other clubs) player was actually just shy of twenty-five now, which was something rather shocking given how long her hockey career had been so far. And as the mature people on the table chatted along about their lives, Yoshimitsu and Anton were soon arguing in their own way.

Yoshimitsu: Y'know, Harrier, I assumed you wouldn't be able to make it to the trip. Isn't this playoff time back in America?
Harrier: Yes. Yes, it is. And we didn't make it. You'd reckon that you'd be familiar with that sort of feeling yourself, wouldn't ya?
Yoshimitsu: I'll have you know, I made it to the playoffs four times and I won a series as well.
Harrier: Sure. And that's all you got to show for it. Isn't it?
Yoshimitsu: Yeah, my Winnipeg Aurora failed to get to the finals when it got to stinking Hamilton. Still better than not making it to the playoffs.
Harrier: Well, I only got my junior ones so far. We tried our best but it clearly wasn't enough.
Yoshimitsu: Heh. Maybe you're not good enough, eh?
Harrier: While I know you're just saying this to egg me, you're not entirely wrong. I got loads to learn.
Yoshimitsu: Good thing you got a teacher that can show you the ropes.
Harrier: Eh, Manhattan had it rough this cycle, we kinda didn't have everything geared in for that kind of stuff but you can be sure I'll be working out at Manhattan when I get back there.
Yoshimitsu: ...What.
Harrier: Yeah, like, you're not wrong, Yoshi.
Yoshimitsu: Don't call me Yoshi!
Harrier: You still don't like it? C'mon, man, that's like... half your name.
Yoshimitsu: Hmpf.
Harrier: Still, like, what did you feel when you were in the playoffs, anyway?
Yoshimitsu: Over the moon. It was really cool getting there, doing my best. That one cycle we got to the finals, I thought we'd go all the way but...
Harrier: Hamilton.
Yoshimitsu: Yeah. Then, they got dropped on their heads by Chicago which... I guess helps a bit.
Harrier: Sounds like it did.
Yoshimitsu: Oh, and we beat Edmonton too! That was wild... But I guess those are things of the past.

For a second, Yoshimitsu looked longingly at the distance, his thoughts wavering.

Yoshimitsu: It was nice being in the other side of the pond. Not all games were perfect and I imagine that we could have done some things differently but I'm satisfied by our efforts. I don't miss sleep over it but I do miss the guys a ton.
Harrier: You don't talk with them anymore?
Yoshimitsu: Oh... I mean, sometimes. I'm a family man now and I still play for a living, so time's always a bit short. You'll probably go through the same feeling when you leave the league.
Harrier: Yeah, I don't think I'll play hockey once I'm done with the league, y'know.
Yoshimitsu: It's a fun living... and if you're like me, which you obviously ain't, your bones are still just as good.
Harrier: Hah, you're pulling my leg!
Yoshimitsu: Hell no. I'm as good as new. The sole reason I decided to call it a day was that I felt like I couldn't improve back anymore in North America. Almost as if my skills were being dragged down.
Harrier: That's called aging, old man.
Yoshimitsu: Oh, can it. I'm about as fit as I've always have been. You'll be the old man when you retire. Not me.
Harrier: Says the guy who couldn't keep up with me last time we played.
Yoshimitsu: Oh, I just went easy on you because Kasumitsu asked.
Harrier: ...You're joking.
Yoshimitsu: Nah. I don't want you to be demoralized. Someone in this family needs to win the Challenge Cup and you're the current one at-bat.
Harrier: I mean... we haven't married yet.
Yoshimitsu: Break Kasumitsu's heart and you're gonna be so dead Manhattan's gonna think you're an Eldritch aberration's corpse.
Harrier: Ooook, then. I guess I'm in the family, then.
Yoshimitsu: Good. Now, I suppose should I tell you more about my time in the playoffs, so that perhaps you'll get an idea or two when you get back home.

Anton looked around, noticing Kasumitsu deep in talk with her relatives. He sighed.

Harrier: Sure, old man, blab more.
Yoshimitsu: Oh, can it, junior. I'll have you know that I was one of the main pieces of the Winnipeg puzzle. We were on our last run as the Jets and this was supposed to be a special adventure.
Harrier: That's bull.
Yoshimitsu: Maybe I'm overexaggerating. Still, my contributions in the playoffs were very important. I remember scoring at least six goals myself, bear in mind that I've always been a set-up guy myself.
Harrier: Guess we have that in common. Do they play you on the defence too?
Yoshimitsu: ...Well, I've never gone against the needs of my team. Whatever they wanted of me, they would get. Even defensive play.
Harrier: ...Hell, guess we're more similar than I thought.
Yoshimitsu: Hmpf. Is that so, now?
Harrier: Damn, old man. Does that mean I won't win anything after the juniors?
Yoshimitsu: You didn't win anything before it either.
Harrier: Oi, I won the Juniors Cup thing, I'll have you know.
Yoshimitsu: ...With a bunch of Brits.
Harrier: Yeah, but a win is a win!
Yoshimitsu: Urgh.
Harrier: Look, it's not their fault... I mean, in theory, I'm a Brit myself.
Yoshimitsu: ...England?
Harrier: Nah, Scotland. Edinburgh but I've moved to Ireland early.
Yoshimitsu: ...You know, they probably would still have enough of a reason to make you play for the British.
Harrier: I'd rather not. Personal reasons.
Yoshimitsu: ...Do they still blast Britpop in their locker room on the juniors?
Harrier: YES! You don't have any idea of how many times I had to hear Spice Girls.
Yoshimitsu: Oh, I just plugged my ears after the first time. Ancient ninja secret.
Harrier: Huh. Didn't think about that. I was... uh... dealing with some stuff too, so I didn't think that through.
Yoshimitsu: Let me guess. Demons.
Harrier: Uh... sorta. I could explain but...
Yoshimitsu: It'd sound ridiculous.
Harrier: Yeah. People give me that a lot, so I've tried to keep it to myself for a while.
Yoshimitsu: You should be yourself. It helps at hockey too. I usually just did what people told me but sometimes you can try and figure things out by yourself.
Harrier: That works?
Yoshimitsu: It's what I've been doing since moving away from Winnipeg. Much as I miss the lads and the playoff memories, I guess it's only fair to live forward.

Yoshi took a sip of a glass of juice he held in his hand, smiling afterwards.

Yoshimitsu: But you, Anton, you still have a lot on your way. Times will be tough but soldiering on is the true path people like me and you have to take. We're burly players by nature, after all.
Harrier: Is that why I'm playing for the national team on the defence?
Yoshimitsu: Yeah. But hey, get good at the whole passing and scoring thing and they might just put you in the right place for once.
Harrier: That reminds me... did Winnipeg play you at the wing?
Yoshimitsu: Well...

[Image: unknown.png]

Yoshimitsu: Always be open for a change of plans, you know.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Can ninjas really be Irish tho

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada