Create Account

Some New Users to Watch Out For in the SHL Draft [Double Media]

As a (soon-to-be former) SMJHL GM, I've had the pleasure of getting to scout and interact with new users immediately after they join the league. New users can bring a fire and passion to teams that is difficult for recreates to match, so there is a ton of value in finding those users. It's a double-edged sword, however; as new users they may be less proven and it may be a bit more of a risk to take them. Personally, I'm someone who loves rolling those dice, as engaging, excited, committed new users are one of the things that make these sim leagues great. With that in mind, I'm going to chat about some of the new users in this SHL draft class, hopefully providing some insight for any SHL GMs reading this and upping some of our newbies' draft stock Smile. These players will be listed in order of TPE, which is not necessarily order of value as far as I'm concerned. Additionally, please don't be offended if you are left off of my list...I'm mainly focusing on players I have interacted with or scouted Smile

@TheGreatToeJam (Emil Egli) - LD
303 TPE, $36M Bank

We begin with ToeJam's create, a high-earning defenseman for the Maine Timber. Egli finished with 4 goals and 20 assists in his rookie campaign. They were 2nd on the team in hits with 109, but unfortunately led the team in penalty minutes with 49. From my talks with this user in scouting, they strike me as someone who will be willing to take build advice at the next level, so the penalty minutes don't worry me much. Even with a small child at home (DAD GANGGANG), ToeJam still seems to find time to earn well and earn money, as well. With his easy-going demeanor and the great rookie season he's had, Emil Egli should certainly be selected in the top half of the first round.

@Froste39 (Dominik Froste) - LW
300 TPE, $11M Bank
If I remember correctly, Froste was SNIPED by @sköldpaddorjust before I could draft him for Detroit (NBB and DET seem to target similar players every draft, haha). I had a fantastic scouting conversation with him and he hooked me very quickly. Froste hails from Germany and shared with me that he was excited to build his player similar to how he played in the school yard, which was awesome. Having now also corresponded with him in the SSL, he has a joking and fun demeanor that would make him an asset to any locker room. Froste had an impressive 19 goals and 27 assists in his rookie season, and his offensive game rating of 64 is super good for a rookie player. This is another user who should go in the top half of the 1st in my opinion.

@Edgerocks1 (Edge Rocks) - RW
286 TPE, $19M Bank
My conversation with Edge in scouting was very memorable because of the emphasis they put on community, user relationships, and the overall locker room fit. Edge hesitated to even talk about their player, instead insisting they were around for the social aspect. That's always great to hear, and obviously we are all here to have fun, so I appreciated that. What I did not expect was the high earning and performance, which has led to them being a target for a lot of teams in the upcoming draft! The Vancouver Whalers winger finished with 31 points on a struggling squad, which was good for 6th on the team. Any team selecting Edge will get someone who wants to be an LR contributor and will do the job on the ice as well, leading me to rating them as a mid-1st round pick.

@Matty86 (Matthew Mayhem) - RD
271 TPE, $7M Bank

If you ever see Matty and I conversing in a Discord server, we are probably ripping on each other. However, it's simply a sign of endearment (at least from my end), as Matty is one of my favorite new users in all of sim leagues. In fact, it's a running joke that I won't leave him alone, as we currently share two locker rooms together (State College in MilPBE and Norfolk in DSFL). I had a fantastic scouting conversation with Matty in the SSL and was bummed I couldn't bring him in. Our back-and-forth joking continued on from there, and I was ADAMENT that we bring him in at Norfolk with our 1st round pick (which, luckily, we were able to do). Matty has taken off like a rocket since joining sim leagues, is a high TPE player who is a fantastic LR presence, and has even taken up leadership as a co-manager in the SSL. His personality is one-of-a kind, and don't be fooled by his TPE number, as he joined late so didn't get a jump on TPE. In 57 games for the Maine Timber, Mayhem scored 2 goals and tallied 5 assists. True to his build, he was far more focused on the defensive aspect of the game, and posted an impressive ratio of 22 takeaways to 25 giveaways (rookie splits on TA/GA can be rough). While some GMs may be concerned at Matty's potential for burnout with his sudden heavy league involvement, they pass at their own peril, as I feel he is a top prospect in the class and should be a slam dunk 1st round pick.

With my scouting report on four new creates now completed, I want to wish ALL draft prospects, GMs, and war rooms the best of luck in the upcoming draft! Thanks for reading!

Code:
933 words

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

06-28-2022, 12:04 PMG2019 Wrote: As a (soon-to-be former) SMJHL GM, I've had the pleasure of getting to scout and interact with new users immediately after they join the league. New users can bring a fire and passion to teams that is difficult for recreates to match, so there is a ton of value in finding those users. It's a double-edged sword, however; as new users they may be less proven and it may be a bit more of a risk to take them. Personally, I'm someone who loves rolling those dice, as engaging, excited, committed new users are one of the things that make these sim leagues great. With that in mind, I'm going to chat about some of the new users in this SHL draft class, hopefully providing some insight for any SHL GMs reading this and upping some of our newbies' draft stock Smile. These players will be listed in order of TPE, which is not necessarily order of value as far as I'm concerned. Additionally, please don't be offended if you are left off of my list...I'm mainly focusing on players I have interacted with or scouted Smile

@TheGreatToeJam (Emil Egli) - LD
303 TPE, $36M Bank

We begin with ToeJam's create, a high-earning defenseman for the Maine Timber. Egli finished with 4 goals and 20 assists in his rookie campaign. They were 2nd on the team in hits with 109, but unfortunately led the team in penalty minutes with 49. From my talks with this user in scouting, they strike me as someone who will be willing to take build advice at the next level, so the penalty minutes don't worry me much. Even with a small child at home (DAD GANGGANG), ToeJam still seems to find time to earn well and earn money, as well. With his easy-going demeanor and the great rookie season he's had, Emil Egli should certainly be selected in the top half of the first round.

@Froste39 (Dominik Froste) - LW
300 TPE, $11M Bank
If I remember correctly, Froste was SNIPED by @sköldpaddorjust before I could draft him for Detroit (NBB and DET seem to target similar players every draft, haha). I had a fantastic scouting conversation with him and he hooked me very quickly. Froste hails from Germany and shared with me that he was excited to build his player similar to how he played in the school yard, which was awesome. Having now also corresponded with him in the SSL, he has a joking and fun demeanor that would make him an asset to any locker room. Froste had an impressive 19 goals and 27 assists in his rookie season, and his offensive game rating of 64 is super good for a rookie player. This is another user who should go in the top half of the 1st in my opinion.

@Edgerocks1 (Edge Rocks) - RW
286 TPE, $19M Bank
My conversation with Edge in scouting was very memorable because of the emphasis they put on community, user relationships, and the overall locker room fit. Edge hesitated to even talk about their player, instead insisting they were around for the social aspect. That's always great to hear, and obviously we are all here to have fun, so I appreciated that. What I did not expect was the high earning and performance, which has led to them being a target for a lot of teams in the upcoming draft! The Vancouver Whalers winger finished with 31 points on a struggling squad, which was good for 6th on the team. Any team selecting Edge will get someone who wants to be an LR contributor and will do the job on the ice as well, leading me to rating them as a mid-1st round pick.

@Matty86 (Matthew Mayhem) - RD
271 TPE, $7M Bank

If you ever see Matty and I conversing in a Discord server, we are probably ripping on each other. However, it's simply a sign of endearment (at least from my end), as Matty is one of my favorite new users in all of sim leagues. In fact, it's a running joke that I won't leave him alone, as we currently share two locker rooms together (State College in MilPBE and Norfolk in DSFL). I had a fantastic scouting conversation with Matty in the SSL and was bummed I couldn't bring him in. Our back-and-forth joking continued on from there, and I was ADAMENT that we bring him in at Norfolk with our 1st round pick (which, luckily, we were able to do). Matty has taken off like a rocket since joining sim leagues, is a high TPE player who is a fantastic LR presence, and has even taken up leadership as a co-manager in the SSL. His personality is one-of-a kind, and don't be fooled by his TPE number, as he joined late so didn't get a jump on TPE. In 57 games for the Maine Timber, Mayhem scored 2 goals and tallied 5 assists. True to his build, he was far more focused on the defensive aspect of the game, and posted an impressive ratio of 22 takeaways to 25 giveaways (rookie splits on TA/GA can be rough). While some GMs may be concerned at Matty's potential for burnout with his sudden heavy league involvement, they pass at their own peril, as I feel he is a top prospect in the class and should be a slam dunk 1st round pick.

With my scouting report on four new creates now completed, I want to wish ALL draft prospects, GMs, and war rooms the best of luck in the upcoming draft! Thanks for reading!

Code:
933 words

Thanks bestie, all fun from my end too. But I will literally never say that again, so screen shot it. lol

Nice write up, and I second ToeJam as a slam dunk early pick, solid defender already who I believe plans to improve his offense as well - and one of my favorites in the LR across the leagues I'm in!

Love you, man. Someday we will end up on a team together!

[Image: WmFwKPw.jpeg]

and me

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

and me

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

And @Waters

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

yeah and me

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Sounds like a helluva team!

Waters Jr. McHits Kurczewski

Goaltender al'Thor

Froste (sorry, you're playing goalie, bud)

Is this a tampering?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

06-28-2022, 10:38 PMG2019 Wrote: Sounds like a helluva team!

Waters Jr.          McHits        Kurczewski

Goaltender              al'Thor

Froste (sorry, you're playing goalie, bud)

Is this a tampering?

No no no, thread team