Create Account

Patrice Bergeron's Draft Day Experience Part 2 [2x Draft Media Tag]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 01:54 PM by McGriddy10. Edited 2 times in total.)

…. With the 26th pick in the S69 SHL draft. The Texas Renegades select... Patrice Bergeron, Center from the Maine Timber.

Hello and welcome to today's edition and the final of packing a punch with the draft, I'm your host Andy Brickley and I'm here with newly drafted center Patrice Bergeron.

Andy: Well Patrice, this is part 2 of our interview. Let's Get the Party started. 

Patrice: Sure thing Andy. So, we are discussing my experience on draft day, right? 

Andy: Yes sir, that is precisely what we are talking about today.

Patrice: Alright, so obviously hearing my name being called was the most exciting thing that happened for me.

Andy: Ahhh, I remember the day I was drafted like it happened yesterday.

Patrice: I'm gonna remember that day for the rest of my life.

Andy: So, enough of the pre-interview onto the details of your draft day.

Patrice: Alright, so I knew that my name would not be called in the first 6 picks as they were going to be used on recreates and they already had proven success. So I started looking toward the end of the first round and early in the second round. I started getting nervous when Texas passed on me with their first 3 picks as I felt that I was going to slip to another team that didn't put much effort into scouting me. Pick 26 rolls around and then all of a sudden I get a phone call, it says unknown user. I answer it and it is CapnCooper, he said: "Hey Patrice, it's CapnCooper with the Texas Renegades, we are selecting you with the 26th overall pick in this season's draft." I joyfully responded "Thank you so much, it's gonna be awesome playing in Texas." I hung up the phone and started celebrating. My wife, son, and daughter were so excited for me that we all went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I was so relieved to know that the team that put the most effort into scouting me, drafted me and now I have a great team to play for at the SHL level.

Andy: Well folks that's all for this interview with Patrice Bergeron.

Patrice: Thank you so much for the time Andy, and I hope to be back soon.

PS: My next player is Charlie Bergeron, Patrice's son. TEX, TEX, TEX, TEX, TEX, TEX, Texas Renegades!

799 words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

Already thinking about your next player eh

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

01-10-2023, 12:56 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Already thinking about your next player eh

Yes sir

Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

How was the food? Surely not better than what we offer in Texas.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

01-10-2023, 03:40 PMAnthique Wrote: How was the food? Surely not better than what we offer in Texas.

Texas food is the best as always

Bump, needs to be graded