Create Account

Minnesota's Hoang Raises Eyebrows In A Good Way During Exit Interviews

As it is with all of the Monarchs whose numbers were called, Hai Nam Hoang hit the press circuit yesterday following morning skate, recovering after a 4-2 loss to the Dragons on Monday. As usual, Hoang deployed his pleasant blunt-ness when addressing reporters regarding his play, the team's successes and faults, and expectations for next year.

The Monarchs finished their regular season last in the Central Division, but fell only so far as 8th in their conference, giving them a berth in the SHL Playoffs, where they will face the Winnipeg Aurora. Hoang's rookie campaign was a solid one, scoring more than 20 goals and 20 assists over the 66-game season, with a total of 46 points, good enough for 5th in team points, and tied for 4th in goals with fellow center Meta Knight.

"I felt good about our team from day one," said Hoang. "I think we impressed a lot of people with how we dealt with the struggles and rolled with the punches. Obviously, you're not going to get an excuse to be too happy about how we performed given the circumstances of where we ended up. The SHL's not going to give wins to you, we gotta go out and get them."

When asked about how he felt he played, Hoang paused first. "I have to think that people were impressed, I came to training camp prepared to play and I played, and I scored a little and was able to create some good plays. If some people consider that good, I won't tell them otherwise, but I think there were times when I knew I needed to work harder. This job's a process."

Hoang stressed the work ethic and comradery of the team down the stretch, noting the contributions of key players he thought deserved serious consideration, like wingers Dominic Froste and Alexi Piastri, and defenseman Nevek Kove. "They were huge for us, no doubt. We'd be winning way less games if they didn't play the way they played. Key guys, key."

When asked about the coming offseason and the opportunity to play for Team Japan at the World Cup Championships, Hoang simply replied "One tournament at a time."

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

More Hoang content is always a W

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]