Create Account

S73 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 11:41 PM by micool132. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones 3 tpe: Milesstones claimes

PBE affiliate 3 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

I think the last player in should be my Atlanta inferno, a team in the simulation hockey league by the way, teamate, @Bongo. BONGO might still be a minor leaguer, but that dude is an all-star already. Always score goals, hiting many junior milestones already, at least 2 or so but probably more the guy is a stud. What I like the most about bongo and what I think the league should discover about bongo is that when you write down his name in ALL CAPS, he thinks its funny and comes back to you with like a meme or a witty phrase and you laugh. Then he scores a goal. It is important to score the goal in all star games as they make you win and possible also make you win a jeep wrangler 2007 as a car. Its not the most recent car but everyone love that 4x4 truck that is also convertible.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

A. Ivan Lacksamus is the Christian Mccaffrey of the SHL. When healthy, he is the top dog and the 2nd best guy isn't really close. The 2nd best guy, in my opinion is ARGUABLY Shoyo Hinata. Hinata, standing only at 5'2 would be an electric forward in a line with Lacksamus and Svoboda. Perhaps I am a little biased but I hope this doesn't happen. We can't have Hinata seeing that kind of point production on a team that had their teeth sunken into the challenge cup just a few short months ago. However I have to go with east. When you pair Lacksamus with a 165 pound assist machine, great things are bound to happen. Of course Evan winter and Surkhi Zaeev are coming in HOT off of a challenge cup win, but I believe their talents are more balanced while the east is super offensively top heavy - I think it would be close but my gut instinct tells me to pick the east. Again, I am an inferno prospect so please note this may be a tad biased. (1TPE)

B. I think when it comes to defensive pairing in the all star game, you mix those guys up. The all star game is about cover scouting chemistry matching and line combinations. GMs should covertly look at the new setups and gauge whether or not a player is a trade target based on chemistry with their own player basically this a collusion backdoor. (1TPE)

C. I am picking Justin time, arguably the best goaltender in the SHL, and Brezscysekdwicz, the absolute most exciting goaltending prospect in the SHL right now. You basically have the champion of the present mentoring the champion of the future. Brezscscyweicz is the only S69 player in the all star game - he's a total stud who has posted very respectable numbers on a middling Panthers roster. And it goes without saying of course you want the juggernaut JUSTIN TIME. West is best in this department imo. (1TPE)

D. Well, my player is in the SMJHL so I think it's safe to say that I should not, did not and could not have made the all star game. In reference to the junior all star game, I may have a case. I'm a sophomore player who posted 60+ points with limited minutes. When I get rid of this Tpe cap, I guarantee you I will make at least one all star game in the show. I just have to keep earning working hard and stay on task and trajectory. (1TPE)

3. 6'11, 250 pounds. A real student of the game - a tactical shooter; a laser passer, a deking dangler. This defense man has the initials P.E.E, but he is the G O A T on Atlanta. Phillipe Eko-Eel is the inferno's most notable all star member. Along with being a cerebral assassin and coordinated tactician of ice hockey, Eko Eel Excellently excels at the art of evolutionary engineering the backend. I have yet to see a defence man as informationally innovative and involuntarily great at what he does. 4th in defensive points, eko eel is arguably one of the best and most exciting young defence men in the game. Making such an impactful all star appearance in just his fifth season, I think we will continue to see more of the same from Eko Eel. Something tells me he will be in Atlanta for life. If eko eel was on a line with Sam Sam Emerson we'd have a lot of problems in the east. 2 absolute BEAUTIES. (3TPE)

7 TPE TOTAL

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link +3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

b. If it were me, I would mix them up. Not for any particular reason, but for chaos? Absolutely! Everyone knows that the all-star game is a time to have fun, and if that means switching the lines up to be something more random, then they should do it, even if they hate each other. (54 words)

c. It is very difficult to decide on either pair since they are all well renowned, but I would have to go with Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz. To me, it's a great goalie who contributed greatly to a cup winner in close games, and the other is a great goalie who saw more shots than Time, and can handle that load. (59 words)

Code:
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

If there had to be one person that I would add to the all-star roster, it would have to be my man FITTEDPRIMETIME99* CUDDLES, because without him, the league does not run. He is my light, my soul, my food, my drink, my shelter; everything. He is also that for a majority of the players on the Tampa Bay Barracuda. He is the ideal player, a player that combines skill, grit, and amazing journalism not seen in the game since... ever. No other player has even shown the level of journalistic integrity he has, and if he says that FITTEDPRIMETIME99* CUDDLES deserves to be in the all-star game, then FITTEDPRIMETIME99* CUDDLES deserves to be in the all-star game, no questions asked. He adds just enough grit to make a friendly all-star game turn into an event the fans want to see, and he will put on a show everyone will enjoy. (151 words)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 12:08 AM by Toast.)

Task 1
2 TPE

Task 3
While it was a bit of a quieter season for the Pride offence wise there were still a lot of bright spots on the team and I think that of everyone KyIe Murray is probably the guy I think most deserved to be sent to the All Star Game for the Pride. Caleb has just unlocked this guy's potential and he is putting up astronomic numbers for someone who doesn't have as much TPE when comparing to those higher up in his class. Consistent point per game seasons with the Pride through the recent seasons is enough evidence in my mind that he was more than worth trading with Manhattan to get a late 2nd round pick so the Pride could secure his rights. Since then it has been a phenomenal career for Murray with the Pride and this season was no exception with him soaring past 40 goals for the season and I think he's only just getting started and should have even more to give in the coming seasons as well.
Code:
173 words

Task 5
While the last man in is typically just a glorified popularity conference or tams working together to make sure their player gets in, I do think this is a nice thing that the all star game offers so there can be a way to acknowledge other members and players around the league and not always just those who are at the top of the scoring for their teams. I think that I would really like to see these acknowledgements either reserved for younger prospects or those who have played many seasons in the league and are on their way out. With that in mind I would argue for Oskar Scholz to be the last man representative for San Francisco because he is living up to all expectations so far! An incredible season where he got past 70 points is enough to show he is one of the better younger players in the league at the moment and I think fans of the league would love to see players like him make it to the game as well.
Code:
177 words

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Link to Milestones Claim

+2

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

1. Milestones +3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3441736

3. My teammate from New England that made the All-Star game is Ivan Lacksamus. Ivan Is New England’s first line center and during this last season and put up a total of 66 goals and 77 assists which resulted in a total of 142 points. Ivan was tied for first in the league in goals and tied for second in the league in assists and by doing this he led the league in total points. I was saying that with Ivan producing these numbers during the season, he was a clear and obvious choice for making the All-Star game. What I expect from Ivan during the All-Star game is to go out there and score a lot of goals and help create offense with his linemates to help his other teammates score goals as well. Ivan put up a historic season and is no doubt one of the best players in the league and should continue with that success when going to the All-Star game. +3 TPE

4. As far as an All-Star lineup goes, New England was able to send five out of the six positions needed for a starting lineup. New England is able to represent the all star game with two forwards, two defenseman, and a goalie. As far as lines go in the All-Star game, I think that the New England players should stick together on the same ones because they already have the chemistry from the regular season to just be able to continue working well together in the All-Star game. As far as the forwards go, since we only have two from New England, we need a third player, and I think a good player to play on the New England line would be Ricky Koivu. I really enjoy the way that Ricky plays and he is the type of playmaking player that would feed well into the New England line to be able to produce a lot of goals during the All-Star game. I think this wind would be able to be the best line in the entire All-Star game. +3 TPE

Task 1 +1 TPE

Milestone Link

Task 2 +4 TPE

a.
Looking at both the lines and how their stats stack up in the regular season, my gut feeling is to go with the line of Lacksamus, Svoboda, and Shoyo Hinata/Ricky Koivu. Just from their stats alone, Lacksamus and Svoboda are right at the top in terms of assists, with Koivu being in the top 10 for that category as well, and Hinata is #4 in the goals category. That combination of assist makers and goal scorers has to be scary.

Code:
Word count: 81 words

b. I feel that, given the chemistry that comes with being teammates in their own team, i's hard to justify dropping one of those pairs just to mix it up. My approach would be to analyze which of the pairs has been the most effective, and use that one as my main pair, while the other one could be utilized as a backup or on a special occasion given the circumstances of the game.

Code:
Word count: 72 words

c. Going off of nothing other than pure vibes, I feel like the goalie tandem I would prefer to play against is Fantobens and Karsikko. Main reason being that I can actually easily type those names without have to rely on copying and pasting one of the player names to make sure I get the spelling exactly right (even if the other name is way simpler). Also, I just have a feeling that someone with a long, and hard to pronounce last name would be harder to score a goal on.

Code:
Word count: 90 words

d. Given that my player is currently in the SMJHL, I do not believe he would be eligible for the SHL All Star game, but in a world where he would be, then my main argument for him deserving a spot on the team is that it would be a great opportunity for him, a junior player, to get some gametime against the very top without it being in a game that really matters. It would allow for him to get a feel for how those players play, and also it would just be a really nice thing to do for a player just starting out.

Code:
Word count: 105 words

Task 8 +3 TPE

Having a look at the players that were selected as the Last Man In, the one name that immediately jumps out at me has to be Aksel Fiske. Now, admittedly, I am a little bit biased here because the user for Fiske is a good friend of mine, but I did have a look at the stats to see if they did justify Fiske a spot in the All Star team, and while I may not know much about hockey, I do know that from the stats that Fiske posted, they were one of the best players on their team, earning themselves a total of 52 points (23 goals and 29 assists), and this is on a team that finished dead last in the league. Given that they've proved they can give a team in a tough situation some much needed goals and assists, I would argue that would be a good enough reason to justify their selection. However, when it comes to stuff like an all star game, I feel like part of the reason players make it is because they are well liked and they are popular, and knowing Hannah is the user behind Aksel Fiske, I know that Fiske being selected is reflective of what a great user and what a great person she is.

Code:
Word count: 218 words

1 + 4 + 3 = 8 TPE

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Jaypc8237’s All Star Week - 8 TPE

3. 169 Words - 3 TPE
This seasons All Stars included some amazing players of the generation, like Evan Winter, Ivan Lacksamus, but there was only one player from the Minnesota Monarchs to make it, and that was Meta Knight. Knight had a crazy season this year, leading all the Monarchs in points, and breaking his record of points this season. For the All-Star game for them this season I do expect him to put up some points and make his presence felt out there, but in the end that’s not the point of the whole All Star game. It’s for all these amazing players in this amazing league to get together and have some fun, and to put on a show for the crowd. As for Knight yo be selected, it was a very obvious choice. He’s a very well set out player, plays well constantly, but that’s not all. He’s a big role model player on the team to us rookies, and a great leader too. 

4. 162 Words - 3 TPE

If I was making the Lineups for Western Conference All Stars (Which the Minnesota Monarchs and our player Meta Knight is in) I would pair him on the top line with the famed Evan Winter, a extremely gifted offensive player, as well as Lias -Ekholm Gunnarsson. This easily would be the most powerful offensive scoring line that the All Stars have seen in a long, long time, and I would have complete faith they could put the puck in the net anytime they want with ease. These 3 would work well together as they are all insane offensive players, but are all also very compatible with anyone they play with, and I fell they would mesh very well. 

a) 97 Words - 1 TPE
Well the East All Star 1st line has 2 Wolfpack players, both the best players on their team and both cup winning players, they will play ver fluently and we’ll, and whoever they add onto that line, Shoyo Hinata or Ricky Koivu, it will only be an improvement to their game. The west on the other hand, has some rivalries within between Edmonton and Winnipeg, but either way they will suck it up and have some fun. Due to that, I have complete faith that the East will do better because of less tension between them. 

d) 66 Words - 1 TPE
Well Lasse was in his rookie season this year with Minnesota, but had an amazing season putting up points in the mid 40’s. Lasse easily could have made the All Star Lineup, most likely as a last player in, but due to his confidence on the ice and pure work ethic, anything is possible, right? 

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 02:08 AM by hannahg32.)

- Milestones - 2 TPE

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 02:18 AM by dogwoodmaple. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones (2 TPE)

PBE affiliate

For this, I’m going with Paul Koivu. We have a lot of candidates in Hamilton, but the performance he was able to put up on a consistent basis this year was unmatched. 40+ goals and 40+ assists is a level of offensive ability that not many people have. Sure there are good goal scorers or good setup men, but to be able to do both night in and night out speaks to the quality of player Koivu is. He has the ability to score from anywhere on the ice and also isn’t afraid to take a backseat and set another teammate up for an easy goal. I was the recipient of many of those this season so I know just how important that is. For my money, he was our team MVP and was one of the most consistent players across the entire league. We had two 100+ point scorers so Koivu didn’t get all the glory, but that doesn’t take anything away from his elite hockey skills. What a talent!

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+2

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Angus McFife the 1400th or whatever the number after his name is, might just be the biggest snub I have ever seen in an all star selection. Dude is one of the best defenders in the league right now, much better than that bum @hotdog who made it from Atlanta in his place. Angus is my bro, my king, my GOAT (greatest of all time if you did not know what that acronym stood for). Just even from taking a cursory look at his stats this past season (cursory in this means not taking a single look and instead making up all of my data) he outperformed hotdog in probably every defensive metric that is currently measured, and honestly even more likely in the defensive stats we do not know how to measure. Not only that, but his point totals were so high! He had like 40 something and was only beat out by the 80 year old Dick Clapper, who every game risks dying on the ice. 

@micool132

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, See You Next Season! (150 words min.)

All Star Game is over and [TEAM] won! Who's your pick for the MVP of the game?

I legitimately spent like 5 mins trying to figure out who won the all star game and where on the forums I could find that info out, ended up asking in the Chirper forum, who won? also in a couple discord servers. Alas, I had to write this answer as the clock is ticking and the deadline is deadlining and so as a result, I am just going to assume that the East won. Although the west coast is the best coast, since it rhymes after all, the eastern side of the country are always the winners in my heart, as every team I have probably played on over the past 25 seasons have been in the East. Additionally, my MVP pick of the game is hotdog. No, I do not mean the grinch version that is going to come out soon for christmas, I mean the real deal, baby in a bucket version of a player. He is so good. He is my captain, my GM, my war room secret keeper, my GOAT. His defensive maneuvers during the game kept the puck out of the net, every high danger shot from the west was single handily stopped because of his efforts this game and we should all commend him for it.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Milestones (3 TPE): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3441764

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 03:53 AM by diacope. Edited 15 times in total.)

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3441768 2 tpe

2. a. all of these names are hot shots but i'm going to go with the pick i got in fantasy and one that i wish i had, Ekholm-Gunnarsson + Surkhi-Ze'ev. really enjoy both of their names and know they have tons of games left in them to empty the tank a few times against the other older pair of stars. 1 tpe

c. can't go with names this time because three of them are hard to pronounce and the other is very plain. instead, i will go with history and pick a veteran like Karsikko, i respect the younger netminders but when you have the league's best talents on display it all comes down to experience. 1 tpe

d. i think if raiya was to be selected to represent her conference in the all star game it would have been for being one of the best scorers on even strength, it's a stat not many look into but rabinov goes up against whole line ups and definitely deserves props for that, if it's now or next season when she scores even more! 1 tpe

3. it looks like the player i'm going to be talking about this time around is philip fry. his hair look super dope, has a hammer shot from the point and leads our team in scoring for defenders but the most impressive part is that he made the roster in his third year of play and still has a ton of potential left to unlock, something i know plenty of fans would be excited about. on the scoring sheet i expect him to make an impact like he always does in the light turning on department and get in on a few big goals because he still needs to make a name for himself amongst the other stars and being in the perfect environment for it should help him strive. having so many positives to carry along with philip.. it's an obvious choice for me and i'm glad he can carry our team identity into the spotlight! 3 tpe

8 tpe total

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 03:25 AM by jeffie43. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Eggward Elric Milestones

+ 3

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Justin Time was a returning selection for the All Star Game this season as the Western Conference's starting goalie. As a fellow Edmonton Blizzard player, I think he has absolutely been deserving of this recognition for a while now. To call Justin Time a rock solid presence in front of the net would be an understatement. Justin Time absolutely stood out this season with an incredible .917 SV% and 2.42 GAA. On top of his incredible goaltending ability, he had also managed to backstop his teams to a 45-8-1 record. I think the fact that he was such an incredible goaltender and still managed to stick out on an incredible team shows how talented he was as a player and that is exactly why he was so deserving of his spot as a returning all star. Among the league leaders, Justin Time had the most wins, the 3rd highest GAA, 2nd highest GSAA, 2nd highest SV% and most shutouts.

+ 3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics
related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE.
Each answer must be 50+ words.
Code:
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together
all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge,
while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching
these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them
up?

If it were upto me I would love to keep the top pairings of the Wolfpack and the Forge together, as well as the Edmonton Blizzard and the Winnipeg Aurora. All of these teams are incredibly strong and keeping these players who already have existing chemistry with each other on super strong rosters could prove extremely beneficial for the all star teams.

+ 1

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why
should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star
game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

I think Eggward Elric has been very underappreciated as a forward throughout his entire career. He has been a very strong Two Way Forward for the Wolfpack and Blizzard during his time in the SHL. There is a reason why the former 1st overall selection now has 2 challenge cups to his name and despite the fact that he may not be putting up the gaudy points that Lacksamus and Winter have been putting up, he has still held his own as a shutdown forward who can provide a boost to any offense.

+ 1

Total: 3 + 3 + 2 = 8

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl