Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time Deadline: Tuesday, May 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

My Rookie season with the Great Falls Grizzlies went so much better than any expectations that I had. It was the first goalie that I have created so I had no benchmark to compare myself to, other than what I thought a goalie should do. In pre-season Elvar Gil-Galad was nothing spectacular. I figured no worries... a bad season is to be expected. But then... holy crap. I got good and kept racking up the stats. I figured it was a fluke, I'd show myself as a rookie soon but I managed to maintain those great stats right through to the second round of the playoffs where the Grizzlies had no right to even be competitive against Newfoundland. My personal highlight was getting a game rating of 100 against Newfoundland with 44 saves and only one goal allowed in a pivotal playoff game. The next two games they destroyed me but that one game to keep us alive was the most exciting. I hope I don't get the sophomore slump and my second season is as good and I will be happy.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

I would say that my first season in the simulation major junior hockey league was ultimately very whelming. As the first gorilla in sports history I didn’t have much in the way of expectations but my father was very proud of me. I was however very pleased with my performance in the playoffs despite me being very busy this season. For what I could improve I would like to improve my work ethnic and really start applying myself as it felt like I really did not improve my skills that much during the season. I would also like to work on my communication as none of my teammates speak gorilla yet and I am still tying to work on my English. As for glorious moments during game 5 of the playoffs against the Anchorage armada I got a game winning assist after I passed to a personal feeling of mine by the name of James Howlet who took that pass and made the final shot in the last seconds of the game. I hope to have a fantastic next seasons with the grizzlies as we’re definitely going to win next year.

177 words
I would say that Pohler Beargeron performed decently well. He was in a top-6 position on a very young, very inexperienced team, and was able to score some decent points. Individually, it would have been great to be able to generate points at a pace that was similar to other members of the draft class in order to be considered for the Rookie of the Year award, but Kelowna just didn’t have enough talent to surround Beargeron to be put in a position to have a chance at that award. Moving forward, Beargeron wants to lead the Knights on and off the ice, and guide them to a far better result when everything matters most – the playoffs. With the announced changes to the management team in Kelowna, that may be more possible. The new manager seems keen on doing everything possible to build a bustling, vibrant community in Kelowna, and the goal is for the performance on the ice to mirror that level of activity, as the Knights look to return to the status of perennial contender.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Jacppo Nummilavin had a solid start to his SMJHL career. In his rookie season he managed to show some promise on the offensive side of the puck and he also managed to show some promise on the defensive side as well. He will not need to focus too heavily on the defensive side in the coming seasons as his partner and new best friend on the team Boofa Benson keeps everything on lock down for him. The favorite moment from this past season would have to be the remarkable turnaround the Maine Timber organization had from the beginning of the season until the end. The team found themselves sitting at a .500 record a third of the way into the season and a feeling of underachieving was starting to wash over the locker room. Luckily, the team came together in the final 2/3rds of the season and put together a run that was the best in the league to come back and win the Southern Conference. It is definitely an amazing time to be a Tree and I look forward to seeing how the career of Jacppo Nummilavin continues to progress in the coming seasons!

Code:
196 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]