Create Account

A possible fix for young players with tons of TPE

I know this was discussed recently but I can't find the thread...

What about, to spread the competition and stop having so many young players come in really good (aside from all the uncapped TPE)

Implementing a training cap for 1st and 2nd year SHL players, so there aren't so many dominant ones, TPE and point wise, coming out of junior.

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Oct 10 2012, 10:50 AM
I know this was discussed recently but I can't find the thread...

What about, to spread the competition and stop having so many young players come in really good (aside from all the uncapped TPE)

Implementing a training cap for 1st and 2nd year SHL players, so there aren't so many dominant ones, TPE and point wise, coming out of junior.

Ilike

honestly I never understood why rookies got more training camp when they shouldn't get a big jump when they come into the SHL

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I find it difficult to become a pro in this league because regression starts so late. Like im one of the top sophmore forwards TPE wise and im barely in the top 50 scoring. IMO we should stop all players from getting crazy TPE, not just the young ones.

However I dnt mind cuz im never retiring.

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Oct 10 2012, 02:15 PM

However I dnt mind cuz im never retiring.

Thats called Jessterism, I approve of never retiring.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Oct 10 2012, 03:16 PM

Thats called Jessterism, I approve of never retiring.

I like it, Jessterism

Wait and discuss this in s12.

You need to grandfather rules like this into play.

Quote:Originally posted by shanYe@Oct 10 2012, 11:58 AM
Wait and discuss this in s12.

You need to grandfather rules like this into play.

we can grandfather this into S11 lol

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 10 2012, 02:55 PM

Ilike

honestly I never understood why rookies got more training camp when they shouldn't get a big jump when they come into the SHL

I agree. It should be more VHL-esque where everyone gets the same.

Quote:Originally posted by Teztify@Oct 10 2012, 03:49 PM

I agree. It should be more VHL-esque where everyone gets the same.

I agree 100%, just after I have my rookie season Wink

While it is one of many good steps that could be implemented to steer the League in the right direction, it doesn't address the problem of the 700 TPE crowd.

Sure it helps keep younger players from maxing out too quick, but you also need to reign in the veterans or else nobody will ever retire and the younger players will continue to be at a handicap.

Its a thought and a good idea, but its incomplete IMO.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia