Create Account

New Rookie Mentor Team

Over the course of the last few days or so, we have been working to make it easier for new members to fully understand, and get started in our league. It started with completely redoing the automatic Welcome PM that is now sent from Toast’s account. That PM now includes a brief description of how the league works, and a list of some important links for new recruits.

Following that, the “Getting Started” section has been cleaned up a bit with the moving of the Affiliates sub-forum, moving old topics, and creating new pinned topics under “Frequently Asked Questions” to clarify any questions people may have on certain subjects. In the coming days I hope to also update our detailed Rookie Guide somewhat.

The next thing we are happy to announce is the introduction of a “Rookie Mentors” team. It will be the job of this team to message any newcomers to our site and help them get started. Obviously we have a lot of great topics to help explain things, but many of them are quite lengthy and it’s possible some people simply will not want to read them. Having access to immediate, real interaction should certainly help in those cases.

Before anyone asks, we could have assigned these jobs to NWJHL Commissioners, but with a Recruitment Drive to run, along with everything else on their plates, we feel it’s better to give other members this opportunity to lend a helping hand. While being a mentor is certainly the job of an NWJHL GM, that is to be done after players belong to a team so as to avoid any possible tampering.

Thanks go out to everyone who has suggested we do something like this in the past.

I’m not sure at this point how many people we will be hiring for this team, if I had to guess I’d say around 5 members. You can apply for the team in the Job Openings thread (HERE).

Bump past Job Openings.

-View thread? Check
-Send in application? Check
-Realize application was overkill? Check

bump past job openings thread again.

Final bump in case anyone has missed this and is interested. Would like to have the team hired soon.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 15 2013, 11:25 PM
Final bump in case anyone has missed this and is interested. Would like to have the team hired soon.

I lied. This is the final bump. DAMNIT BBH :lol:

Cool idea, would like to be apart of it.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

I like.. to be part

I like.. to be part

Has this team been announced yet?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Quote:Originally posted by Ace@Jan 20 2013, 11:25 PM
Has this team been announced yet?
Yeahthat

Application:

Heya guys,

I am glad that we are moving in this direction of being more friendly to new comers. It will help their commitment grow to be solid, posting, active members. I've been one of many people who already, actively, help people around the site. It's just one more way to get people to enjoy their experience. I love seeing the effort manifest into enjoyment rather than confusion. Even if I do not get the job I will still do it regardless. =p I don't think it should matter if it's a title or not. We still have a lot more to do to make this site easier to learn though. Decluttering would be essential, as well as updated rules / guides. Which Tezzy is doing a great job about getting the situation under control.

Qualifications:

I am constantly active and usually reply to people within 1-2 minutes of getting the message. I believe this would be an important quality because people do get frustrated waiting when they don't have a clue. Not to mention, it's rude not to answer back Wink Communication is one of the most important qualities you can have when in a leadership role. I believe I do that at an excellent level.

I enjoy helping people, as I stated in the opening paragraphs. I believe I can definitely show the friendliness of this forum =D Believe it or not, I won't scare away members with talks about family members. That is only for the dirty talk sessions that will be scheduled AFTER I get to know them Wink.

I know my shit. I can say with confidence that I know how to navigate this site better than more than half of the commishes and moderators do. For the most part I'm pretty knowledgeable about these forums.

I hope you guys consider me! :D

Quote:Originally posted by Bleak@Jan 20 2013, 10:36 PM
Application:

Heya guys,

I am glad that we are moving in this direction of being more friendly to new comers. It will help their commitment grow to be solid, posting, active members. I've been one of many people who already, actively, help people around the site. It's just one more way to get people to enjoy their experience. I love seeing the effort manifest into enjoyment rather than confusion. Even if I do not get the job I will still do it regardless. =p I don't think it should matter if it's a title or not. We still have a lot more to do to make this site easier to learn though. Decluttering would be essential, as well as updated rules / guides. Which Tezzy is doing a great job about getting the situation under control.

Qualifications:

I am constantly active and usually reply to people within 1-2 minutes of getting the message. I believe this would be an important quality because people do get frustrated waiting when they don't have a clue. Not to mention, it's rude not to answer back Wink Communication is one of the most important qualities you can have when in a leadership role. I believe I do that at an excellent level.

I enjoy helping people, as I stated in the opening paragraphs. I believe I can definitely show the friendliness of this forum =D Believe it or not, I won't scare away members with talks about family members. That is only for the dirty talk sessions that will be scheduled AFTER I get to know them Wink.

I know my shit. I can say with confidence that I know how to navigate this site better than more than the commishes and moderators do. For the most part I'm pretty knowledgeable about these forums.

I hope you guys consider me! :D

I would post an application Spang, but honestly, this sums it up for me. I am VERY interested in this position and hope you consider me as well. I feel I can contribute largely to effectively develop and enable rookie players to understand all basic and dynamic traits within the NWJHL, SHL and forums.

Heres to making the league more efficient, successful and stronger! Cheers

Look at Bartows article for an awesome reference to how well of a job I can do ^_^