Create Account

Prikulis looking forward to new season

As season 14 of the SHL is about to start, and new Latvian goalie is going to play his first games in big league he gave us little interview.

Interview Hello Lauris! How are you doing?

Prikulis: Hello! I'm pretty good right now, can't wait for my first SHL season.

Interview So this will be your first interview as SHL starting goalie? (laughs)

Prikulis: Yes, that should be right. I hope nothing that can make it different won't happen. (laughs)

Interview You said that you can't wait for upcoming season, do you think you are ready to play in SHL?

Prikulis: Yes, I think I'm ready. I just had great season in NWJHL, we made to the finals with team that no one expected to get that far. In these two seasons at NWJHL I'm used to North American hockey, hockey here is faster than back in Latvia, and I like that, in previous season it was a lot different and i couldn't show my best abilities on ice and off the ice. Play-off's where in whole different level too, and like I said I wasn't used to that kind of hockey, and you can see that in my last season stats, PO was just awful and I don't want to remember it. This season was much better, I was feeling better, my language was better and my life here wasn't so complicated and I felt a lot better on ice. And I hope this season will be something similiar, of course this will be whole new level, but I think I'm ready.

Interview Do you think you will be godd replacement for McBride?

Prikulis: McBride was best goalie of all time that has played in SHL, and no one, I say no one could be good enough to replace goalie like John McBride, especially in first SHL season. It will be very tough to be goalie for Winnipeg Jets after McBride has been heart of the team last seasons. There is no such men in Winnipeg that don't know who is McBride, eweryone loves him, so it will be big pressure on me from fans.

[Image: bishopanderson.JPG]
Prikulis and McBride in Jets trainig Camp before S13

Interview I suppose your idol is John McBride, after you said great things about him, but do you have any rivalies in SHL?

Prikulis: Yes, my biggest idol is John McBride, and nothing can change it. Yes, I have some rivaleis, I don't know if they think the same. (laughs) In my first NWJHL season we where three rookie goalies - Me, Aittokallio and Aalto. First I had rivalary with Aalto, but then after he got drafted by North Stars and played his first SHL season in this season, while me and Aittokallio where still playing in NWJHL. So bigger rivalary I have with Aittokallio and he with Blizzard is playing in Western conference so we will be in same conference, and I definitely gonna watch how Aalto with Platoon and Aittoklliio with Blizzard is doing,

Interview Ok, thanks for interview and good luck in your SHL debut!

Prikulis: Thanks!

[Image: osgood-chris081204_584.jpg]

Code:
Words: 509
Pictures: 2

Ilike

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
5-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 7] [SB 33]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]