Create Account

Taken 3rd round

BLACKFYRE DRAFTED 3RD ROUND, WANTS BETTER SHL RESULT
--FRANCIS LEMON

When you are drafted later than you expect, you have a lot more to prove. This is the exact case for one of the newly drafted Kelowna Knights, Quentyn Blackfyre.

Projected to go as a mid-second round pick, Blackfyre was a little bit shocked to have dropped to the third round. Despite being the first selection in the third round, thirteenth overall, Blackfyre has stated that there is obviously a lot of ground still to be covered.

“There was a reason I was selected where I was. I was seen as the thirteenth best player in this draft. There are twelve other guys that I need to beat out when it comes to the SHL draft. Still, it is an exciting occasion and I am really happy to join Kelowna for the season.” – Quentyn Blackfyre.

Barring any send downs to the Knights this season, Blackfyre should be able to secure top four minutes this season. Being a defender who plays both an offensive and defensive game, keeping those minutes shouldn’t be a problem. Primarily used as a penalty killer, Blackfyre could find himself on a second power play unit as well. It all depends on the coaching staff, and their decisions. When asked about one of their newest defenders, one scout for the Knights had this to sa about the English defender:

“We were extremely happy to have Blackfyre drop to us where he did. With those three picks in a row that we had, we knew that we could get three outstanding young players and that’s what we did. Quentyn is a big defender who isn’t afraid to play the physical game. He’s the kind of guy that makes other players think twice about coming across the line at him, or go into the corner with him. He will make them pay for that. He’s also very intelligent with the puck and always seems to make the right play. He has a great first pass, and excellent when handling the puck. The only knock is his shot. We will have to work with him on that, but that might be the only thing.” – Michael Teubert, Scout for Kelowna Knights.

Blackfyre will have to work a little bit harder this year to ensure a top spot in the S16 SHL Entry Draft. Both his agent, Matthew Boragina, and his most recent client, Yuri Kulikov, both had spotty training records. Given the history of the Boragina camp, it might make it a bit harder for Blackfyre to earn a high spot. He will need an outstanding year in Kelowna in order for that to happen.

Code:
445 words

:wub:

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Ilike

i feel ya i want right after you bro

Doubt is a dream killer

Great to read.Thank you Ilike

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]