Create Account

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

JP's Very Important Announcement

[Image: 94AE7CD1843E14F7A164E78ABDC0D5.jpg]

Okay, so I've been a commissioner in this league for over a year now. I became a part of the team on January 4th, 2013, a day THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY! This has been a fantastic time. I've seen commissioners come and go. I started out with Toast and Wade--myself and Toast taking over for Seth and Tez--and ended up being the last one of those people to stay within the SMJHL system. Wade has gone onto bigger and douchier things, and Toast has quit and become a hermit.

I have brought in two wonderful commissioners to the fold, the wonderful PJ, and the mediocre HFFO. They are going to do great as commissioners to the SMJHL, I just know it. I have worked the past season and a half making sure they can do the job that I have put forth for them and they have passed with flying colours.

Why am I telling you this really long story that you won't read? Because today, March 20th, 2014, is a day that will change the SMJHL forever (in a very good way). I am stepping down from my position as SMJHL Commissioner after 6 seasons.

Why do you--the one or two people actually going through this and caring about what I say--ask? I just have become bored. What once was fun is now just mundane and boring. I am tired of approving players during the season, running a draft during the offseason, and then sitting on my hands. I am not an overly creative person, and I don't know what I could really do to help the league. I've kept it stable, but nothing more. I'm bored. And the truth is, I miss being a GM. I was a GM in Prince George for about 4 seasons and I loved it. I spent S5-S9 with that franchise and I had a lot of fun.

So now, I give over the reigns to Velevra to take over as head commissioner in the SMJHL. He has had some fantastic ideas and some fantastic drive. He and HFFO have been incredible and I just hope they do a fantastic job going further. I have had one job outside the SMJHL (Or the NWJHL as I once knew it) in my career and that lasted a season (GM of Minnesota). I hope to come back, it's where I belong.

PJ and HFFO can hold apps for a new commish or they can do a two person tandem for a while (Toast and I did it). Either way, the SMJHL is in good hands. But I step down less than halfway through the season to give them time to decide and time to figure out what they want to do. There is nothing left for me to do here, and I just need some time before I get a new job within the league

Thanks guys for wonderful times here. I've had some arguments on rules and some arguments on my ideas and some arguments about arguments. I don't regret arguing with Detroit- I mean all the teams for a second.

TL;DR: I step down from my position as SMJHL Commissioner; Velevra replaces me as head commish

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

[Image: No_one_cares.jpg]

#GENE4HOF

Lol I thought u stepped down awhile ago

VERY IMPORTANT, TAKE IT SERIOUSLY

I read the last sentence, and I can remember each of the arguments you referenced. Most involve Detroit. F u, u suk.

bye.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

woat commish excluding hffo

[Image: hallsy.png]

GOAT semi-active commish!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 20 2014, 08:37 PM
GOAT semi-active commish!
Ummmm, no. #TOAST4LYFE

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Mar 20 2014, 05:40 PM

Ummmm, no. #TOAST4LYFE
No, Toast was the GOAT Inactive commish

:( Grats Velvs tho.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers