Create Account

Shea Robinson Declares Draft Eligable

Breaking News here in New England where Boston native Shea Robinson has made a surprising last minute declaration of eligibility for the s23 SMJHL draft. It was long projected that the 6 foot 6 inch Robinson would be taking the college route before going pro. Robinson had drawn interest from big time hockey schools such as UNH, Minnesota and North Dakota, however, its was believed that Robinson was closest to committing to Boston University before this surprising announcement broke only moments ago. Shea Robinson is expected to hold a press conference right here in only a few short minutes. Here he comes now.

Shea: First of all I want to thank everyone for coming. I know that this is surprise to a lot of people but after a lot of soul searching and a lot of talking with my parents and coaches ive decided to declare eligible for the upcoming SMJHL draft. At this time I'd like to open the floor up to any questions.

Reporter #1 Interview : Shea for a long time scouts assumed you were headed to the college game for sure. Why the change now?

Shea: Well like I said this wasn't an easy decision. For a while there it did feel like I was leaning toward playing in college. In the end I felt the SMJHL gave me the best opportunity to take my game to a higher level of competition that will hopefully prepare me better for the pros.

Reporter #2 Interview : Shea this is pretty late in the game to be declaring eligible for the draft. Most players have already begun there preparation for the draft and most of the pre-draft exhibition games have ended. Do you feel this hurts your draft stock?

Shea : To be honest with you that was never really a concern of mine when making this decision. I wanted to put myself in the best scenario to succeed, which I believe is the SMJHL. I think I have a lot to offer any team that is looking for a defensemen. I think my previous level of play speaks for itself. If I slip in the draft so be it, but I'll bust my butt no matter when im taken.

Reporter #3 Interview : Shea any thought of who you'd like to play for? Have any of the teams contacted you with interest?

Shea: At this point no one has contacted me about joining there club. I think there are a lot of great teams out there and would be proud to join any one of them. I think I bring an extremely high level play and intensity to anyone who wants me. I plan on being in the weight room and on rink as much as possible. And I also think I bring a leadership quality as well.

Reporter #4 Interview : Shea where a lot of have seen your physical and strong defensive level of play. Where do you hope to improve over the next season?

Shea: Well I think a lot of people see my size and think that im just a physical, hard checking, defensemen. I think that I can improve on being more of a two way d-man. I'd like to improve my passing and puck handling this season to make me more of a weapon on the offensive side of the ice. I think I already have a pretty heavy shot but being able to move the puck around on the offensive end will help me to become a more complete player and a power play factor.

Reporter #5 Interview : Shea, last question. Anything you want to say to a potential draft suitor?

Shea: Yeah, I think I'd say that drafting me will be one of the best decisions you can make this year. Im hard working, will be extremely active in the league and plan on putting everything I have into this season. I may be known for my defensive game but don't sleep on becoming a more complete player and offensive weapon.

With all that being said I want to thank everyone for coming out and hearing what I have say. Im extremely excited for the upcoming draft and look forward to speaking with all of you again after im drafted. Thanks.

Well there you have it folks. One of the highest level prospects in New England declaring that he will be a key addition to some lucky team in the upcoming draft. I think a lot scouts will take a look back at there draft boards and re-assess where this big game changer fits in for them.

771 words

Awesome job dude! Sick first article, Good luck in the draft Cheers

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

New England you say :-?

Nice work good sir. =D>

Great first article, I'm sure Robinson will be a beast!

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Love to have more Boston boys around here Cheers

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

Great work! Smile
But still, wouldn't it be better to burn your first article bonus with a longer one?

Quote:Originally posted by Ferdy@Mar 29 2015, 06:23 PM
Great work! Smile
But still, wouldn't it be better to burn your first article bonus with a longer one?
Not everyone wants to write long articles. Sure, he could add a press conference. However, not everyone's motivated or has the time to whip out a 4K article. If he stays active he won't have an issue trying to gain money as there's numerous opportunities given around the league for more money.

Other than that great article! Also, good luck.

Quote:Originally posted by Jon@Mar 29 2015, 07:31 PM

Not everyone wants to write long articles. Sure, he could add a press conference. However, not everyone's motivated or has the time to whip out a 4K article. If he stays active he won't have an issue trying to gain money as there's numerous opportunities given around the league for more money.

Other than that great article! Also, good luck.

True, but as a rook there's no urgency. If he takes two weeks to write a long article than split it up, he'll have a better profit.

But still, I see what you mean!

Didn't know there was a bonus for first article. I would've spent more time. I was just trying to get something out there before the draft to demonstrate involvement.

Quote:Originally posted by patriotm21@Mar 29 2015, 07:32 PM
Didn't know there was a bonus for first article.  I would've spent more time.  I was just trying to get something out there before the draft to demonstrate involvement.

It's not a big deal, earning money isn't difficult and there is no limit on how many articles you can write. You can also edit this one if you want too, as it wont be graded for quite a while I believe.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by patriotm21+Mar 29 2015, 08:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (patriotm21 @ Mar 29 2015, 08:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Didn't know there was a bonus for first article.  I would've spent more time.  I was just trying to get something out there before the draft to demonstrate involvement.[/b]

No problems, that's actually good attitude. Smile
I think it's interesting to say you can just add something like "DONT GRADE THIS YET!" to the top of the page and then add content as you will.
So you don't need to regret this!
(And then remove the phrase once you're happy with the word count)

Cheers

<!--QuoteBegin-Merica@Mar 29 2015, 08:35 PM

It's not a big deal, earning money isn't difficult and there is no limit on how many articles you can write. You can also edit this one if you want too, as it wont be graded for quite a while I believe.
[/quote]

Yeahthat