Create Account

Battle of the Busts

Many heads were turned this season by the Montreal Impact rookie Riley McDonald. While Montreal was his number one choice for teams to be drafted by, they were already stacked in the middle. With not many spots open, McDonald played 4th line for the season. With 445 minutes of ice time this season he managed to put up five points (three goals and two assists). The rookie is not worried though. With less pressure he is able to develop at a comfortable pace and is developing quite nicely. He is working on his positioning and faceoff form to show the impact next season that he has what it takes to be their number one as the top two on his team are send downs. One thing that Riley pointed out in a recent interview after being called the bust of the season, he created a very valid argument that there was one other high profile player who managed to do even worse than he did.

McDonald stated in an interview regarding the draft and his season performance, “Yes, I wish I did do better this year, however I well aware of what I was joining this season which is why I am not disappointed. While I was taken at the 19th pick in this year’s draft, Scotty Reay was a greater bust then I was and he was taken at second overall. Playing almost double my minutes (779 minutes to be exact) he only managed to put up one goal and one assist. Now to me this has to be a more disappointing first season then mine was. Now I know SHL is more important than SMJHL and I know that he will definitely be a good player eventually, was he really the right guy to take at number two? This is just another point to prove why I never liked the Fire birds. But with the playoffs ahead, my number one focus is to help my team get the wins. If that means I stay on the bench more or go out and create some awesomeness, I am good with anything. If we win at the end of the day, I am happy”.

Well there you have it. McDonald is not worry at all about his first season and knows that greatness will eventually come and he is willing to wait if the result will be success. Best of luck to Riley and the Impact this playoff series, why they even play St. Louis this series, the team Scotty Reay is currently on. Looks like it will be a battle for who is the better player and prove once and for all who is the real bust.

Let the battle of the busts begin!

Code:
440 words

To busy bustin on dem hoes PGF kept sending to his room.

I have no explanation as to why Reay didn't perform. It's an anomaly.

Actually I purposely made sure Reay sucked just so when he gets drafted Top 3 I can once and for all prove the SMJHL means nothing.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Dec 7 2015, 04:06 PM
Actually I purposely made sure Reay sucked just so when he gets drafted Top 3 I can once and for all prove the SMJHL means nothing.

Sure, the SMJHL has no bearing on a players success level I'm the SHL, but to say it means nothing is silly. It's still teams competing against eachother and people trying to build good players for the level of play they are at in the SMJHL.

Personally I love that the SMJHL has diverse builds because of the TPE cap. Until the SHL gets there with a new scale I'll always enjoy the SMJHL more than the SHL.

To comment on the OP, really everyone knows Alexander
Charlyb'y is the biggest bust.

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Dec 7 2015, 07:13 PM

Sure, the SMJHL has no bearing on a players success level I'm the SHL, but to say it means nothing is silly. It's still teams competing against eachother and people trying to build good players for the level of play they are at in the SMJHL.

Personally I love that the SMJHL has diverse builds because of the TPE cap. Until the SHL gets there with a new scale I'll always enjoy the SMJHL more than the SHL.

You are an SMJHL GM so I'd hope you have this opinion.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

This has nothing to do with breasts. Angry

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Dec 7 2015, 04:23 PM
This has nothing to do with breasts.  Angry
:lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Dec 7 2015, 04:23 PM
This has nothing to do with breasts.  Angry
Then you know what to do :ph34r:

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]