Create Account

Trade, Draft, and FA Rumours by Darren Dreger

The draft is tonight and free agency starts in an hour, so today will be a big day for all ten teams in the SHL. Who goes where and what moves are made? Well, let's check out my first bag of rumors...

Platoon to move up to 3rd?
A General Manager from another team has told me that not only are the Platoon looking to move up, but they have a deal in place with the Edmonton Comets for the third pick in the draft. No word yet on what Edmonton gets, but one has to assume that West Kendall's seventh overall pick is involved. Whether the trade happens or not, Anton Wagner is expected to go third, especially if the Platoon get the pick.

My source also told me that this deal could turn into a three-way deal with the Manhattan Rage tossing in their sixth overall pick. This deal could become interesting.

Calgary looking to move up?
Much like West Kendall, Calgary is looking to move up in the draft, but I have not heard of any trade partners yet for the Dragons, but it is possible they snag the sixth pick from Manhattan if the Rage do not wind up with Rachel Belmont or Rashad Thomas, the two players the team reportedly have their eyes on.

Josh Hockridge to West Kendall?
The best winger on the free agent market is likely to wind up in Florida. West Kendall lost both Alex Reay and Brandon Holmes to retirement this off-season, so they need a replacement. Most likely, they will wind up with Wagner or even Tobias Mortensen in the draft, but they will need another player to make it up. Hockridge makes sense. I expect him to wind up in Florida after leaving Vancouver this off-season.

Jack Crasher sweepstakes down to four
Calgary, Minnesota, Hamilton, and West Kendall are the top four teams in on Crasher right now, as said by Crasher himself. Personally, my gut tells me that he winds up in Minnesota. He appears to be a player who wants to win a cup and he seemingly has tons of respect for how the Chiefs do things. The fit seems natural.

Tinkko Hartikken released, where will he go?
The news that Toronto had released the quiet Tinkko Hartikken came across earlier today and while he split time between Toronto and Detroit this past season, I expect him to garner some interest this off-season. If I were to guess, Minnesota and Hamilton may have interest as the Chiefs look to gain some active member to their defensive core and Hamilton looks for any form of talent. Calgary could also wind up being interested.

Toronto looking for more picks
The Stars' lack of picks is very apparent, so to remedy this, the team is looking for more picks. My sources tell me they are looking to give out cash in return for a pick, which would likely only net them a late round pick. Will be a quiet day in Toronto, if you ask me.

That's it for today, let's hope for a great day in the SHL today!

Nothing on the Nightmare eh?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Please no more trade before the draft, I'm tired of changing my mock draft :lol:

Interestante...

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Dec 30 2011, 10:55 AM
Please no more trade before the draft, I'm tired of changing my mock draft  :lol:

I wouldn't hold out hope. Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 30 2011, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't hold out hope. Tongue

Yeahthat

Ilike

intredasting

:ahh!:

Updated with new rumor.

Updated.

People should be commenting on my original thoughts, not Eklund's stolen ones.

we have the 23rd overall pick so we do fully expect to net an elite prospect with that pick. that's not much later than where guys like Olvera and Kremer have been picked and it's a deep draft.