Create Account

New COL GM’s First Presser
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 12:10 PM by 39alaska39.)

Please ask some questions or leave comments and thoughts! I look forward to answering them all as soon as possible!

10-21-2018, 02:12 PMluketd Wrote: Love me?

What are your immediate plans for being GM?

What is the culture going to be?
Always.

Immediate plans are to sort out what we've got in terms of players, prospects and budget. We've got some great players and people in our organization and for now, our immediate focus is going to be on the upcoming draft and getting some great new members. I'm very excited to get started.

We want to focus on and bring back the Raptors Way. The guys in the room know what that means and we're hoping to bring in a great group of rookies this season that can continue it and be a positive presence with the team.

10-21-2018, 02:12 PMMayuu Wrote: How next season going from 1-dumpsterfire?
Well, we've got room to improve from last year to this year, and I think we have a lot of pieces in place to keep growing. We've got a great group and I'm looking forward to what we can do to get over that hump.

10-21-2018, 08:03 PMInf1d3l Wrote: What's the most important trait you look for in upcoming draftees?

What's the locker room mood like with the leadership change?

Do you plan on any major roster changes towards the goal of winning the 4-star?
So far, we're looking for people that are going to be a great presence in the locker room as well as being a good player. It's striking a fine balance between the two.

Mood seems to be excited! At least in my opinion. I think it's been a positive change and the guys in the room have been very supportive so far.

We have considered a couple of moves, but we also are waiting to see how this draft turns out for us. Obviously winning the lottery was huge, and how the draft goes is going to determine what we do this season.

10-21-2018, 08:14 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: How do you plan to yeet on the competition this coming season?

Will there be other changes in management such as coaching/training personnel?

How does the effect the timeline of Alex Winters' career? Will he be spending more time in the minors now that he has ties to management?

Who would you consider your biggest rival, be it another SMJHL team or specific player in the SMJHL?

Are there any positions you're going to be targeting this offseason in the draft or through trades to improve the team to put you over the edge into a contending team?
Obviously I've got one of the best yeeters in the league as my co-GM now so it's inevitable.

We are looking to make a few changes to bring in some trusted people as coaches/advisors, trying to make sure we get some good opinions to help out as much as we can.

I'm not sure if this is going to affect Winters' career. Ties to management definitely will have an affect, but he's going to do what's best for the Rage first and foremost.

Montreal. Two straight heartbreaking first round losses will do that lol.

Some of it will depend on who gets called up and who doesn't, but we're looking to improve wherever we can. We've got some amazing players and people in place, and we're looking to compliment them however we can.

10-21-2018, 09:22 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: How mad are you at flappy for pulling me off you're team? 

@FlappyGiraffe
I blame Flappy for our first round loss  Cry

10-22-2018, 07:35 AMTomen Wrote: What are your plans with the #1 overall pick you got in the lotto? Are open to trading down to get more assets or do you wanna keep that pick?

Any players that you would like to stay away from on Draft Night?

What are you feelings about this draft class?
We're taking a look at every avenue right now for the draft. We have some players that we're targeting right now, but if someone comes with an offer, we would be silly not to listen to offers.

There are always some players we'll have to take a longer look at whether or not they would be a good fit for the organization. We're using all of our resources to make that kind of determination.

We like this class and we're very excited that we have 5 picks in the first sixteen picks. We're going to get some great players and they are going to be key pieces of our team going forward.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Love me?

What are your immediate plans for being GM?

What is the culture going to be?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

How next season going from 1-dumpsterfire?

RETIRED

Thank you @"luketd" and @Mayuu for your questions! They've been answered and I appreciate it.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters

What's the most important trait you look for in upcoming draftees?

What's the locker room mood like with the leadership change?

Do you plan on any major roster changes towards the goal of winning the 4-star?

How do you plan to yeet on the competition this coming season?

Will there be other changes in management such as coaching/training personnel?

How does the effect the timeline of Alex Winters' career? Will he be spending more time in the minors now that he has ties to management?

Who would you consider your biggest rival, be it another SMJHL team or specific player in the SMJHL?

Are there any positions you're going to be targeting this offseason in the draft or through trades to improve the team to put you over the edge into a contending team?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

How mad are you at flappy for pulling me off you're team?

@FlappyGiraffe

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

10-21-2018, 07:45 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Thank you @"luketd" and @Mayuu for your questions! They've been answered and I appreciate it.

Good answer man, I like a GM who can roll with the punches! I think you'll do great soon!

RETIRED

Thank you @Inf1d3l , @caltroit_red_flames , and @Troy_McClure03 for your questions and they have been answered up above!

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters

What are your plans with the #1 overall pick you got in the lotto? Are open to trading down to get more assets or do you wanna keep that pick?

Any players that you would like to stay away from on Draft Night?

What are you feelings about this draft class?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)