Create Account

Gordie's Playoffs Recap and Looking Ahead

[words: 868]

We have done it! Four Star Champions S45! What an unbelievable feeling and what a great way to end my first SMJHL season!

It has absolutely been a blast and i enjoyed every minute of it. From my first point task to getting selected in  the draft, to doing media. I even started using twitter, which i normally wouldn't have done in real life. It is a great feeling that all the hard work is paying off. I want to thank the management and all the players of St.Louis for creating a wonderful experience that i won't forget. The Scarecrows will forever have a place in my heart  Heart .

There is a lot of exciting things going on right now in the SHL surrounding my player and i want to discuss them all briefly. Let me first start with a playoffs recap.

Playoffs recap
Quarter Finals: Kelowna Knights - St.Louis 0-4
We played our first series against the number 3 seed, the Kelowna Knights who had a 5 out 5 record against us (1 being an OT). There were reasons to believe though that we would do better in the series. First of all, our goalie corps is crowded, so Aleister Cain (@SlashACM ) did not play in all games. Secondly, several players were added after the draft and during the season. Those included Rainbow Dash (@Eggy216), TT. Wawazat (@Wawazat) and Valeri Tikhonov (@mel24). Most of the rookies also did a great job at improving in TPE. And on top of that Joe (@JKortesi81) spent a lot of time figuring out the best lines to play against the Knights. His plan of shutting out Kelowna's first line worked right away in the first game. We were confident we could beat the Knights, but i must admit the sweep was a bit of a surprise.

Semi Finals: Vancouver Whalers - St.Louis 2-4
Thanks to Colorado Raptors surprisingly beating the Anchorage Armada, we avoided title favorite Detroit Falcons in the semi-finals as we played against the Vancouver Whalers. This was a strange series since 5 out the 6 games went to the least shooting team. I have to admit the Whalers put up a great fight and after the series was tied at 2-2 i was really getting nervous. In game 5 we showed them though that we were desperate playing in the finals, the only game were the team that shot the most on goal also won the game.

Finals: Detroit - St. Louis 2-4
Although we avoided the Falcons in the semi finals, there was no escape in the finals. In order to win the Cup we had to beat the number one seed. A tough job, but we came out strong out of the starting blocks, a 6-4 victory in Detroit. Detroit immediately striked back and beat us in the second game. Then there was match 3, Gordie Boomhover's personal highlight of the playoffs. Nicolas Fleming (@Nereus ) saved us big time 48 seconds before the final whistle and send us to overtime. 8 minutes in overtime #1 Gordie scored the OT winner! Game 4 was a thriller again, but we won with one goal difference. At that time our confidence was sky high and we knew we only had to win 1 more out of 3 chances. Our confidence went down a bit after Detroit won game 6 seemingly easy. That all changed again in game 6 were we took the lead 4-0 in the first period and Aleister Cain (@SlashACM)  played brilliantly. At that time i knew we would win the cup. After the final whistle, our locker room went nuts, it was a special moment for Joe who will leave us for his new GM job at New Orleans Specters. Thanks Joe for all the good work in St.Louis and good luck in New Orleans. We wouldn't have won the cup without you!

[Image: d4a0dfc6c36f319ed99aadeae4755ad6.jpg]
Joe lifting up the cup once more..

Looking ahead: WJC
While the playoffs has just ended, Gordie doesn't get a break as the next tournament is about to start, WJC! Gordie is playing for team Germany/Austria  Germany Austria and he is looking forward to his first international play. Team Germany/Austria is going to be lead by @Noble and @Tomen. A duo that i haven't had the pleasure to talk with much, but i am looking forward what you can guys do with the team. One thing you can be sure about is that Gordie will do his uttermost best again.

Looking ahead: SHL Draft
Then offcourse there is the SHL Draft. This is something that i am really looking forward to as it is a defining moment in Gordie's career. Gordie is hoping to become a franchise player for the team that selects him, so it better be a team that suits him. As of this writing Gordie has been in contact with several teams, some more intensive than others. In one of his podcasts @ArGarBarGar predicted Gordie to be selected #14th overall. That's a huge honor, but we'll see how things unfold. In the coming days i will be focusing more on the teams, now that the playoffs has ended. I am planning to attend the draft live, despite it being probably really late.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Boom baby

Go Crows bud

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Boom, an awesome article . Thanks.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa