Create Account

Ramblings on the Life of Ruschoff

(1,102 Words x2 media bonus)

Wyatt Ruschoff
was born in the small city of Armavir, Russia. It is said he is by far the widest baby the doctors had ever seen, and even to this day the man has hips like a gorilla. Why is this important you may ask? Well, to be honest I am just admiring his thickness, but it goes to show that some people are built for specific things. Ruschoff was destined to either be an aggressive athlete, or a power bottom. It seems as if he chose the latter when he decided to take part in the Metallurg Youth Ice Hockey School at the age of 14. Ruschoff took quickly to playing the puck with a hard nose defensive style. Even at a young age you could see when the other team had the puck, every second it got more frustrating for him. This carried on into his adult life, once when asked about his "overly aggressive" style of play he responded "The puck, is like baby...My baby. They will not smack baby around with stick. This is reserved for my team and I.". While it may have made it clear that he cares very much for keeping possession of the puck, if he ever has a child it is almost certain child protective services will get involved.

[Image: egor.jpg]
Young Wyatt 

He took quickly to most things he was taught during his time in youth ice hockey school. But some things just never clicked and, it proved to be a problem for longer than expected.  The guy just isn't that great with scoring, or getting shots on net in general. He's great defensively, his skating is fine, passing is solid, but when it came to scoring things just didn't click as quickly. However he has assured others he is working on the issue. It may never be his bread and butter, but when asked about his shooting ability (or lack there of) he responded "I will fix this.". He sounded real determined. But, he kind of always does I guess. Anyway, it was clear as long as he stuck to his training, and continued to progress he would succeed with his time on the ice. But, how quickly could he translate his training to his high school games? He quickly found out when he made Varsity in grade 10. 

He started on the 3rd line of the Armavir Aardvarks but, it didn't take long to rise. The kid was almost like a human albatross. The puck almost never got past him and when it did, he almost always knew how to clean it up. He was quite often able to put himself in position to set his squad up for solid shots and he ended the year with the 10th most assists in the country. This is also when he earned himself the moniker of "Thicc Ruschy". He began to embrace the natural size he had, and began to lift extensively. Some say he was injecting chicken breast directly into his blood stream for the pure protein. He got himself up to a bulky 205 lbs (92 kg) before the end of the season. He ended the year with a stat line of 9 - 37 - 46, he also boasted 90 Shots Blocked on the year.

However his Junior year would not go as expected. While out drinking with a group of peers he got sloshed. Now I know what you're thinking, it was probably Vodka, but Ruschoff isn't so basic. He actually enjoys a fine IPA. Anyway, it is said that someone cracked open one of Wyatts IPAs. The man was on the floor before the can was finished releasing the built up carbonation. Eventually Wyatt was restrained, but the IPA stealing bastard pressed charges. Ruschoffs only statement went as follows. "The beer, is like baby...My baby. They will not drink baby with their mouths. This is reserved for I.". An interesting choice of words to say the least. Never the less,Wyatt Spent 6 months in a Juvenile Detention Center and, was ineligible to play his Junior year. 

[Image: 230px-Egor_Yakovlev_May_4th%2C_2014.jpg]
Ruschoff at one of his last practices
(not pictured: His Hips)

Many young boys are changed by such a shift in environment. However Ruschoff came back relatively the same. In fact when asked about his time in juvie he only said "It was suck.". (Yes even though he was asked these questions in his home land of Mother Russia he answered them all in broken English. Just because.) He lost a lot of precious practice time while cooped up. Some say he didn't sleep for a full week after he got out, and he spent the whole time on the ice. Ruschoff knew he set himself back quite a bit, and now with only one year left in school to prove he belongs in the RSL. Otherwise he'd have to go to some other lesser Russian Hockey League that I've never heard of. 
Unfortunately this did not go as planned either. Ruschoffs mother, who was wheel chair bound (some say it was because of Ruschoffs wide hips, but don't tell him that). Had fallen ill and, with her being the primary bread winner of the home. The bills began to add up. Ruschoff got a full time job, but without much experience and at such a young age, he had to also work under the table on the side just to help him and his mother scrape by. He was not able to compete the way he had been, and he respectfully bowed out. His last statement to his team is said to have been "I have to go, I cannot fix this right now.". Just like that it seemed Ruschoffs hockey career was finished, and he may have to be a power bottom after all. 

One day things changed. He received a call from one of the trainers at his old hockey school. He informed him about the SMJHLs upcoming entry draft. It was the perfect opportunity for Wyatt to continue to develop his hockey prowess, while still earning enough income to keep him and his mother off the streets. Due to immigration issues, and a general lack of understanding the English language, he was signed up quite late compared to other prospects, and he missed out on the prospect showcase. When asked about this he said "They were scared to let me play. They are babies.". Whether there was any truth to this statement has yet to be seen, but Ruschoff is doing everything he can to rise up the draft board, and only time will tell where his journey will lead him.

Player Page|Update Page

raidersraidersraiders