Create Account

Off-Ice Issues Plague New Orleans Starting Goaltender
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2019, 05:51 PM by SlashACM.)

Off-Ice Issues Plague New Orleans Starting Goaltender

Casper Almquist

While his junior stats were never impressive, New Orleans Management had high hopes for two time four star cup champion Aleister Cain when they selected him first overall in the expansion draft. And in a way, he lived up to the hopes and after inking a 3 year 9 million dollar contract, led the team to their first ever finals berth in just their inaugural season in the league. While ultimately failing to clinch the cup in a hard fought 7 game series, he immediately put himself in the conversation for great SHL goaltending, winning the Honcho trophy and being a finalist for the Mexico trophy as well.

So, the question is, what changed between this rookie season and the following seasons? His numbers in that initial season were outstanding, and he hasn't been able to replicate this performance since then. One could argue the defense in front of him is aging, getting slower and less defensively sound, and the rookies are still learning to not make mistakes. But there is a clear difference in his composure and ability to stand on his head and really steal games. In this article we will attempt to find the reason why his play has faltered.

Some interesting information our investigative team found is that following the finals loss in season 46, Aleister Cain was hospitalized after a failed attempt to take his own life. Most of us were surprised to learn this information and were confused as to how it was not reported on at the time, and that is when we learned that he was hospitalized under the alias and credentials of Martin Cain, his younger brother, who has not been a notable public figure since the demise of the NSHL.

We were also surprised to learn that his management did not know about the hospitalization, being told he was "on a trip" as the excuse for a lack of communication during this time. Few actually were aware of his hospitalization apart from his immediate family and his close friend Nicholas Williams, who as far as we know is the only person to visit him during this time.

While we can speculate about the reason for the attempted suicide, some might point to the hardship of losing in the challenge cup finals or the fact that he did not win the awards he was nominated for, close friends have noted that he went through a lot of turmoil because of a break-up that happened around this time.

We have now learned that he is taking medicine for anxiety and depression, and that he sees a psychiatrist to work on building self esteem, confidence, and self worth. He also works with a doctor on "paralyzing" social anxiety that not only affects team events and benefits but also his personal life. Public statements by Cain reveal that his departure from Edmonton harbored some resentment towards the team, as he felt betrayed by a franchise that drafted and groomed him.

He has also expressed (in private) that he does not feel accepted by the Specters team and that he feels they are frustrated by his lack of concentration and composure during big games. We are not sure how this feeling has changed since the signing of his 3 year 12 million dollar contract, but it is something to note.

At this time we are not sure if the Specters players or management support Cain through his struggles but we can speculate they are aware of them in some capacity.

We are also unsure if Cain has made progress in his mental health struggles since the s47 off-season as he continues to seek treatment for mental illness. Fans of New Orleans hope he can figure it out soon and become one of the top SHL goalies and win them their first championship. Only time will tell.

Cain declined to comment on this matter.

Ready for grading

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I love you man. Keep your head up. Cain is an awesome goalie.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

"close friends have noted that he went through a lot of turmoil because of a break-up that happened around this time."

who tf would want to break up with this hot piece of ass

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Teddy Cuddles would never do Cain dirty like this

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2019, 10:45 PM by PenKnight.)

This is a Deep Read!

Perverted
Twisted
Crippled... 

Look up the Movie "The Hustler" with Paul Newman
if you don't understand those three words!

Similar Lines to this Slash story and great overall movie IMO!

I wish you well though Slash/Cain!
If I can help in some small way, let me know!

06-28-2019, 05:53 PMontanis Wrote: "close friends have noted that he went through a lot of turmoil because of a break-up that happened around this time."

who tf would want to break up with this hot piece of ass

hos dawg, hos

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Cheers Heart

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]