Create Account

Lyezech 3/13
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 05:35 AM by Lyezech.)

Did these sigs a bit ago but forgot to post them for grading, doing that now.
[Image: HG9gPAy.png]
[Image: oA8P6XN.png]
A concept logo for team WJC world, loosely inspired by team North America's WCOH logo. It's meant to be a globe with an area somewhat resembling a rink in the middle and a W for team World. I went with purple to better blend in with the EU Green and NA Red colours as if there were another team at that tournament for athletes from countries like AUS/JPN/CHN etc.
[Image: wNPa3gd.png]
A trading card using that logo with some quick jersey editing
[Image: L7K2qOy.png]

[Image: lyezech.gif]
Player Page || Updates
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]         

Thank you for your submissions, Lyezech.

1)
Strengths
The custom jersey received praise from all graders. The fonts work reasonably well and the glowing effect of the Borro is cool. Be careful with aligning italicized fonts, as the "separa" kind of hangs out over the edge of Borro.

Potential Improvements
The elements are nicely made, but poorly placed, and the canvas looks too large and only half full. The background signature is pretty cool, but many graders felt that the background space took up a bit much of the canvas. Compacting the signature would help solve focus issues as well.
The sig looks almost unfinished however. I would add some lighting to this to help pop the render.
The text takes away too much of the attention that should be on the render; this can be solved with scaling or with color.

Sig 1: 2.5 / 5

2)
Strengths
Stronger use of color here than in the first signature. Great job with the render. Some beneficial lighting would go a long way here but I love the overall feel of the piece. Blends very nicely together.

Potential Improvements
The text's size and spacing is good (the weird alignment is an issue), but there weren't really any risks taken with the text and the typeface looks plain compared to the textures and strokes added to the text. When doing color manipulation on a jersey, be cautious with the face/flesh tones.

Sig 2: 2.5 / 5

3)
Strengths
Creative. A fresh and unique take on the logo. The hidden “W” looks pretty good. The lines are sharp and clean

Potential Improvements
The “W” should seemingly be the primary feature, but other than being in the middle, it is dwarfed by the framing parts/sides. A few graders found that some of the choices were not straightforward: 1) the color choice of purple and gray to represent the world, 2)

Logo 3: 2 / 3

4)
Strengths
Pretty good work here! Good job on the logo change and the jersey color, it's pretty well done. It has that hockey card look, which is really nice. The text effects look good.

Potential Improvements
The corner text looks a little funny and I wish the "WJC World" didn't get so close to the edge.

Card 4: 4 / 5

Total Payout: $2.35M

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]