Create Account

Post-Draft Aurora Championship Window [x2]

With the addition of three newly drafted (see, [x2]) comrades to the Aurora system, I wanted to take a quick look at what the future looks like in Winnipeg. I did some TPE and regression calculations and came up with this graph:

[Image: Winnipeg_Over_Time.PNG]
Blue is Defensemen, Orange is Forwards, Green is Goalies. 
This is a best case scenario for the team where all players continue on their current earning pace. For max earners, I just flattened it to an even 220 TPE per season, which I think is pretty representative. As you can see, Seasons 69-72 have some serious skill on the bench. All four of those seasons average around or above 1700 for the entire roster. S70 has 11 rostered players above 2000 TPE including 6 F, 4 D, and 1 G. I'm a defenseman, so I'm pretty excited to say that S70's D core average TPE is 1906. Forwards are 1800 and the starting G is like 2100. 

Obviously there may be some roster turnover/additions and some shifting may have to be done to stay cap compliant, but basically, the core of this team is all on pace to peak around the same time. Like half this team is S62 as a result of the draft busting WPG did last season. If the team keep drafting homeruns in the next few seasons, this window will only grow. 

In short, it's going to be a huge letdown if the cup doesn't make it's way to Winnipeg at least once in the next 10 seasons. 

[255 WC]

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

our defense is so sick

Beck, Rashford, O'Neil, Kinsinger

WPG has 4 of the top 5 TPE earners from S62

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Ooohhh. It looks so pretty!

Aurora Aurora Aurora