Create Account

David Danielson and Zdenko on a talk show
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 04:08 PM by WildfireMicro.)

Zdenko Beranek and David Danielson are appearing on a talk show called "Qubec Talk" in Qubec City to promote the Citadels and talk about thier season. They waved to the crowd as they come in and sit on the couches across from thier interviewer Pierre Bissand. Thankfully for David at least Pierre speaks perfect English and thier are French subtitles for anyone watching.
"Bonjour you two its very nice to meet you both!" Pierre smiles as they shake hands and sit down on the couches "you two must be tired from all your practices"
"Yeah you'd think getting to sit down all practice as a goalie would not make you tired, but it can be hard on knees" David noted "but we are happy to be here"
"Right so let's get on with the questions" Pierre smiled as he got out some cards "alright questions one: What do you think of the Qubec City Citadels start so far as an expansion franchise? Have they been within expectations?"
"Honestly I feel like they have been within my expectations, maybe even surpassing them." David answered first with a smile "I didn't expect us to win as much as we have, but we are definitely building towards something great and I can't wait to see where this all goes."
"I think we've exceeded expectations, honestly." Zdenko answered next "We're ninth in the league right now, as far as wins and losses go, and we're really starting to hit our stride.  I'm really excited to see where we go from here."
"That is fantastic to hear" Pierre nodded "Expansion team usually go through a lot before they become good, so I am glad that things seem within or exceeding expectations so far. Alright question number two: What do you think of your individual performances so far?"
"Well, certainly, I could be playing better." Zdenko said a little bit sadly "It's been an adjustment to acclimate myself to this league and the level of play here, especially going against players who have been in the SMJHL for two or three seasons.  I'm starting to feel a little more confident out there and see the ice better, it's just a matter of putting all the pieces together at this point."
"I feel like I have been doing really good considering how many shots have been fired at me." David got quite a few laughs at that, and even Zdenko chuckled "But seriously, I feel like I have been performing the best I can being a young goalie that is the main option at goalie for a first year expansion franchise."
"Well I think you two have been doing pretty good so far, thrm again I am not a stats kind of guy" Pierre shrugged
"Is that why you don't play fantasy?" David joked, getting more laughs
"Maybe David, maybe" Pierre chuckled, being used to the occasional joke at his expense "alright question 3: What do you think of the overall culture in Qubec? Is there anything you could be doing better regarding that?"
"I think the culture overall in Qubec has been amazing. We all seem to love supporting each other and being a team. Maybe I could be involved more, but overall its really good" David said with a very sincere smile
"I love this team, and love being a part of this locker room.  There's an excitement that is contagious.  I'm sure part of that is just everyone being eager to be a part of this brand-new team, literally, as an expansion franchise, but it's been an incredible experience." Zdenko says, now in a much better mood
"Yeah that's what I keep hearing over the grapevine is the amazing culture in Qubec" Pierre then gets out another card" Question number four: so where do you see this team next season? Will you be a contender or still building or somewhere in the middle?"
"Honestly it's hard to tell. I do see us getting into playoffs eventually, I just don't know when that will be. Stay tuned to us though." David said with a shrug
"Oh, man." Zdenko chuckled "I mean, I think it'll still be hard for us to compete for a title without some aggressive moves from the front office.  The SMJHL is an older league than it used to be, so we'd really need more of those third, fourth year guys.  But the following year? We're going to be a problem for the rest of the league, I believe that."
"Yeah it will be a wait and see approach with this team I agree" Peirre nods "alright question five: What do you think of the Qubec branding and logos?"
"Ok I may be a bit biased here, but the color combination of light blue, red, and white are amazing to me. It just makes for an amazing uniform, and I can say the same for the logo. I mean that's why I am wearing a Qubec City shirt" David pointed to his shirt
"I love it.  The colors pop, the logo is clean.  Granted, I'm a hockey player.  Grew up in a hockey family.  They could send us out there in construction vests and I wouldn't care." Now its Zdenko's turn to get laughs "But it's really sharp."
"Yeah I'd say the uniforms are one of the best, if not the best in the league." Peirre agrees "but I might be biased too Alright question 5: Any SHL teams you have your eye on?"
"Honestly I haven't been paying much attention to the SHL, mostly cause I like focusing on myself and the league I am in." David shrugs "So I don't know currently and it doesn't matter much to me anyways I'll play hard anywhere"
"I haven't really heard from any SHL teams yet.  It's still early.  Go figure, I heard from an IIHF team before I heard from an SHL team" Zdenko winks and shatters fourth wall  "Probably as we get into the postseason, those conversations will pick up, I'm sure."
"Alright I am sure your excited for your future so final question: What is your biggest hope for the future?"
"Right now, my focus is on winning a Four Star Cup. Period." Zdenko says simply
"Simple: hoisting a trophy over my head and kissing it after I make the game winning save. A guy can dream right?" He gets a few more laughs
"Well that's all the questions-and time-we have!" Peirre says aa he shakes both of thier hands "good luck in the future, and be sure to tune in next time for Qubec Talk!" The show ends as the Audience applauds
(This is a collab between me and @ztevans, be sure to split the money between us)

Great interview! Cool to make it with the format of a talk show rather than just plain media.  Citadelles

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate