Create Account

Wachter going to FA, what he things about the teams

Code:
ready to grade, ~ 2500 words

First of all thank you google translate, time wasn't enough to translate everything from german to english by myself.
Second some things have changed while i was writting it (took me a few days) but I was to lazy to change it afterwards.
Third, the FA talks have already begun and I had the change to talk with some of you guys already. So I just wanted to post the hole thing, because half the work was already done and i need the money.

It's that time again, the puck rests in the SHL and the teams are eagerly preparing for the new season. The expansion draft was just now and lots of players found a new home in Atlanta or Seattle. Alexander Wachter was also on the list for the available players, but was not picked by eitherof the team. But why is a top TPE earner like him overlooked? Quite simply, he no longer has a contract for the coming season and without this he is too high of a risk for the two expansion teams, because of course there is always the chance that he will not sign before the FA market opens. That brings us to this article. FA time, one of the best but also the most exhausting times for a player.

Wachter has been playing for the Texas Renegades in the SHL for 3 years and has had to learn some tough lessons in that short time. Most of the time with a rebuild team there are only bitter defeats one after the other, but you learn to celebrate the small successes. One of them is that Wachter was able to improve steadily in Texas, which of course also went hand in hand with the constant improvement of the team. In the rookie season he had 3 goals, 11 assists, 14 points and a disastrous -38. (In all fairness, Texas was badly slaughtered by the competition that year). Season 54 then the first small improvement and for the first time you could see exactly the strengths of the build. 15 goals, 6 assists is exactly what I imagined as a garbage collector, one who scored the ugly goals. The plus minus balance was -2 many times better than the year before, Texas again missed the playoffs but only because of the tiebreaker. With the season 55 came the first big jump for Alexander Wachter, the points was increased from 21 to 31, 14 goals and 17 assists and for the first time a positive plus minus balance (+1) since he played with the big boys. And most importantly, Texas reached the playoffs after a very long wait. What can we expect for season 56? At the start of the season it should have around 1260 TPE and thus actually be quite usable. Of course, increasing the points again would be a big plus, but not absolutely necessary. The view of further playoff games and the big hit called Challange cup.

What do you get with Wachter? Quite a good TPE earner in his draft class. Its structure was originally designed for a garbage collector, but is now being gradually converted to a power forward.
What I unfortunately cannot give you is to be a team member who actively participates in discussions. The main reason is certainly the time difference between Europe and America and most of the time the discussion has already continued until I have thought about how to write what I want to say. My old brain is to slow. Wink

But now we come to the teams.

SHL Eastern Conference:

Atlanta Inferno Inferno (GM: hotdog)
The logo and the color scheme are really good. In the expansion draft you drafted a solid team. The mix between old and young is right. With Manuel Gotze and Guy O'shea, Wachter would meet two former Texas players. Here Wachter could immediately take on a major role in the storm and probably play a top season. However, due to the strong teams in the east, hardly have a chance of the playoff. I have only had one contact with hotdog so far, we talked briefly about the expansion draft and what my plans for it look like.

+ a lot of ice age, top line,
- low playoff chances

Baltimore Platton Platoon (GM: JR95, Co: Zoone16)

I like the new logo and I don't care about moving to Baltimore. With JR95 and Zoone16, I am well-known users at the wheel, with both I played for Austria for many years, or we still play. Unfortunately, the great days of the past are over and the the shine from before is beginning to fade. The team seems a bit disoriented at the moment. The squad is not suitable for the playoff and somehow the draft picks to start a rebuild are missing, which makes me very skeptical at the moment. But the Plattons were always a team that I really wanted to play for, you can only hear good things from the locker room. Since you are playing in the strong East, their situation will not change much in the next 2-3 seasons, from there it could go up steeply again if your current prospects move up to high performers. Of course, Wachter could also be a great help here and form the first pair of wings with Krashwagen.

+ a lot of ice time, top line, always wanted to play there
- Hardly any playoff chances, rebuild is planned or will come

Buffalo Stampede Stampede (GM WannabeFinn, Co: Tomen)

Wow the GM tandem hasn't changed since I left Buffalo with my first player all a long time ago. WBF and Tomen have made a real power house out of Buffalo and have not just become champions. The squad is crammed with absolute superstars in the league. Probably the only team that doesn't need a player like mine. In Buffalo, Wachter would always play for the cup for the next few years, but would only be a bottom 6 player with a limited ice time for a few seasons. That's not exactly what I want. Buffalo's toughest opponent will be the new contract structure rule.

+ absolute top team that will play for the title for a few more years. Top GM duo
- bottom 6 players, less ice time, cap difficulties .

Chicago Syndicate syndicate (GM: Velevra, Co: O4L)

Another team that consists only of top players. Personally, I like the franchise very much, even if parallels to other teams in other leagues were drawn with regard to the logo. Here too, Wachter would have the problem that he would only have a spot in the back rows. In any case, the team has a certain charm that could definitely draw me to Chicago despite everything. But fruitful discussions are needed.

+ top team, title candidate,
- bottom 6 players,

Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks (GM: Hallsy, Co: gwdjohnson)

Robert Phelps is still playing here, the figurehead is still on for a year. You have some successes in recent years and are currently in the middle of your championship window. The team is not as deep as Chicago or Buffalo, but they keep showing that you can be expected. Usually get the most out of their players. Since Flako Lagerfield is retiring, a top 6 place would open up that could be filled by Wachter. Actually exactly what is wanted, but still not completely convinced.

+ Playoff team, top 6 players, team usually performs better than expected.
- currently nothing

Manhattan Rage Rage (GM: JayWhy, Co: luketd)

Manhattan is another power house in the league, and here too the roster is well filled with top players. In Manhattan I would again only find a place in the 3rd formation for the near future but always have a chance of the cup. A positive aspect that speaks for Manhattan is that I would meet some well-known users there. One of them recently said he would never leave Manhattan.

+ Playoff team, many known users,
- bottom 6 players,

New England Wolfpack Wolfpack (GM: Kenvald)

New England has been in the limelight lately with negative headlines. But for me personally, the wolf pack was always a team at the top of my I want to play list and it still is. But somehow it never worked. And this time, too, it seems as if the prerequisites would not fit again. In the attack, she could use the services of Wachter very well after losing Eko van Otter to an expansion team. Wachter could play in the top row right away. However, you would only be able to see the playoffs from the outside and that's something that makes me a bit negative.

+ Top row,
- in a light rebuild, probably no playoffs,

Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda (GM: trella, Co: hockeyiscool)
From a 0-50 to an 8-42 season, things are heading in the right direction in Tampa Bay. At the Barracuda's I would meet some old friends (Tom Fiddler, Michael Fitted & Ambacas Cuddles) from my time in the Juniors with the Carolina Kraken. Tampa Bay would certainly give a player like Wachter a warm welcome. But the chances for playoffs are practically nonexistent for the next 3-5 seasons. But with the bulging prospect poll and another 7 picks in the first two rounds of this draft, they should be well prepared.

+ top players, a lot of ice time, knowen members on the team
- in the middle of the rebuild, no playoffs for the next few years.

Toronto North Stars Stars (GM: ML002, Co: UrsinZ)

Toronto is one of the teams I've wanted to join since joining the SHL. They could become a real playoff contender in 1 to 2 years and signing Wachter would certainly help them get there faster. With Harry Carpet and Mika Kandinsky they already have two absolute top players in their squad and Bobby Lane (also a former Carolina Kraken team member) will soon be joining the absolute elite. About the same situation as Wachter now finds in Texas.

+ Top row, soon a playoff team
- mhh nothing at the moment. must find something.

SHL Western Conference

Calgary Dragons
Dragons (GM. Steelhead77, Co: Mike Izzy)

They are one of the better teams as I can remember and are always a magnet for top FA signins. Which of course also has to do with the fact that they are or have been very successful. Steelhead77 has been GM of the team for what feels like an eternity and is known to always have an ace up its sleeve to convert a 0-3 into a 4-3 series win. The squad is a bit older and regression hits them hard but they will continue to have a strong team. It is quite possible to get a top 6 place in the line up here. There are many well-known members in Calgary.

+ top 6, playoff team, many known users
- old team

Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard

An absolutely elite team for many years and top players on the wings. Wachter would not have a place in the line up here. Which makes them uninteresting, at least for this FA round.

+ top team, cup contender,
- no open position on the wing.

Los Angeles Panther Panthers (GM: still open, but in my heart it will always be Wasty)

I could write a lot about LA, but the word home describes it best. Here I was already very happy and successful with my first player (Wachter senior) (even if it was never enough for the cup). But in the current situation, so completely without guidance, I don't think I'll be drawn to Los Angeles, especially since FA is about to start. They still have a decent squad, but their top star Philipp Winter is not getting any younger and I would definitely have a place in the first two lines. However, the playoffs could be tight.

+ beeing at home, top 6,
- At the moment without a leader, probably no playoff.

Minnesota Chiefs
Chiefs (GM: SpartanGibbles, Co: fever95)

The big controversy about the appointment of the GM has now passed and the team has set course again. It will probably not be enough for the playoffs. They have 3-4 top stars in the squad, but the rest is not enough to help them out. Wachter would probably be able to close a gap and bring the team closer to the top teams.

+ top line minutes,
- probably no playoffs

New Orleans Specters Specters (GM: JKortesi81, Co: Nictox)

Yes, it's a top team and you try everything to win, the commitment is commendable, even if the methods raise moral questions. The storm is high quality and deeply occupied, which is why I would stay in the back rows for a long time. Chances for a title are quite high here.

+ top team, playoffs, title contenders
- bottom 6, team view from the outside

San Francisco Pride pride (GM: Thatguy91, Co: DrafRainCloud)

San Francisco is just starting the rebuild, but Wachter does not want to be part of a rebuild again. But here he could be a 1st line player. He won't play playoffs in SF anytime soon. But nothing is impossible

+ 1st line minutes
- no playoffs, very old team.

Seattle Argonauts Argonauts (GM: notorious)
The second expansion team, in the draft they paid more attention to getting a strong defense together, unfortunately at the expense of their attack. Bo Kane is the only noteworthy offensive weapon in their roster and that by a long way from the rest. Wachter could close this gap a bit and get a lot of top ice time. Whether a top defense is enough to get into the playoffs remains to be seen.

+ a lot of ice time, top line,
- weak offense, probably not enough for the playoffs

Texas Renegades Renegades (GM: puolivalmiste, Co: RedCapdiver)
My previous team, from the slaughter in my rookie season to the playoff last season, we had everything with us. The team is getting stronger from year to year and could slowly close the gap to the top teams. It has been carried by oldie Andreas Kvalheim for years and he still has a lot to give. In 2-3 seasons Texas could be ready for the Challange Cup Finals. Wachter was able to enjoy some ice time on the top line last season and should probably do it again this season. So why switch when everything is there what Wachter wants? That remains his secret.

+ Team has done the rebuild, top line minutes, the championship window is slowly opening
-

Winnipeg Jets Jets (GM: Muerto; Co: Geekusoid)
The Jets have a good team, but somehow they don't put that on the ice. A roster spot in the top 6 is also possible here. The team will play again for the playoffs. I have no idea what the rumors are about a rebranding but I would appreciate it.

+ good team, playing for the playoffs
- Team is underperforming the last years.

i am done and google translate --> very bad

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

Renegades

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

come suffer with us, wachter, we have unlimited ice time

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Stars

[Image: 3.png]

syndicate

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Stud player, stud member.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]