Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 - QCC Without Me
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 02:17 PM by CptSquall.)

“…And with the 39th pick of the Season 57 SMJHL Entry Draft the St. Louis Scarecrows have selected the Right Wing from Wem, Shropshire, England, Greg Davies,” the announcer said over the loudspeaker. I was officially drafted but I was not going “home” to the team I had gotten to know so well as a restricted free agent. The Expansion Quebec City Citadelles. Now, first off, I have always felt at home on expansion teams. They were new to the league just like me as a rookie also new to the league. I love the idea of an uphill battle towards success and there is no better way to do that than being on a team starting from the ground up. When I announced I was joining the league Team Great Britain and the Citadelles welcomed me with open arms. The GM’s said they liked my name (which was a fantastic compliment) and soon enough I received the notification that “The Quebec City Citadelles are proud to announce the signing of Unrostered DFA Greg Davies!”. I had never been to Canada let alone North America and I did not speak French either, but I could not have been more excited. I sat on the bench the rest of that season after the trade deadline watching my team, Quebec City, end the season at 23-23 and an opportunity at the playoffs, we sadly got eliminated in the 1st round, but I was there for my team and I anxiously awaited the draft.

The QCC scout came up to me and asked me what goals I had for my player, what kind of atmosphere I liked in the locker room and if I liked Denny’s. We got along very well, and I knew that the Citadelles did not have a pick until the 2nd round. And as my name was not called in the first round, I patiently waited for my return home in the next round. I knew they needed a Right Wing; I was still on the board yet… my name was not called. They took the great Right Wing prospect Mew Two, then in the next round another Right Wing came off the board… this time my British friend Brian Davenport. I knew this for good for him and good for the team, so I did not worry. They were up again at #40, yet this time, I was off the board. I was leaving the team I knew best for a new future and I wished them all the best.

I did not have the opportunity to meet my old team in the preseason, but they had a marvelous 5 wins, 2 loss campaign to set up the start of the season. And with their great bunch of rookies and players, I got to know so well, they are at the top of SMJHL East Conference with a 4-1 record. While I will not have a shot to face my old expansion team until November, I will be interested in seeing the Eastern standings in another month.

Thank you for a great first experience in the SMJHL Quebec. I will always thank you for that.
Code:
527 Words

Approved, +5 TPE @bjkman

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

QCC without you definitely isn't the same, I miss the QCC logo on your signature already. Hope STL treats you well!

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

12-07-2020, 02:58 AMKeven Wrote: QCC without you definitely isn't the same, I miss the QCC logo on your signature already. Hope STL treats you well!

[Image: tenor.gif]

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]