Create Account

S59 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry week
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 08:31 PM by tweedledunn.)

[Image: geMIgw9.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

I have no idea who Quebec's biggest rival is. However I do have a couple of personal rivals. The first is Colorado, they're my NHL team so it's always fun to play them. The second is the loggers (lumberjacks?). Two of my PBE teammates are on that team and they're both forwards; so I really want to shut them out whenever I play them. Finally my third biggest rival are the eagles. They're mostly just a middling team like QCC this season, but it seems like they beat us a lot. I'm not sure. It's also the team of my wheelie SparkyDee and I don't want to lose to him!

Moving forward it will be interesting to see how the league plays out. QCC seems to finally be hitting our stride; we have the best line in the entire SMJHL as well as a pretty solid defense and a total beast in Ward in net. I think the sky's the limit for this team, so long as we don't get screwed over.

My first player before Wet Jeans was Luke McMaster, a player for the Detroit Falcons who in his first season was an SMJHL all star and rookie of the year runner up. I didn't really know what to expect going into the draft, but i had a slight feeling that Detroit was going to draft me. 3 rounds go by, and I finally get picked by Nevada.

While I have absolutely no beef with the Falcons or anyone with the organization, I see the Detroit Falcons as a friendly rival to Nevada. While Nevada did just play the Falcons and got smoked 6-3, I'll always make sure to tune in to the stream to see how the game goes. 

The Falcons friendly rivalry is more on my part, but for the entire team I would say it would have to be Quebec. Nevada and Quebec were both expansion teams in the same year so there will always be that little rivalry with teams that are the same age.

[Image: draft-43-overall.gif]

For me, it'll always be PGF/ANC and Detroit for a rivalry. I don't want to get too much in the "back in my day" mode, but when I first joined the site Detroit was coming off a ton of success under WBF and were continuing to win. I got drafted to PGF during their incredible 30 season cup drought. We proceeded to break the curse in a tense 7 game series with Detroit and so began a multi season rivalry that saw the two teams play in several high pressure series in the regular season and the playoffs. Nowadays I think it's shifted back to the old rivalry with Vancouver, which makes sense with the proximity of Anchorage to Vancouver and the current conference structure. Our games are always intense and we definitely know when we play them next. Definitely looking forward to more intense games over the coming seasons with the Whalers.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I think it's pretty obvious, the biggest rival to the Anaheim Outlaws is literally everyone! They all wish they could be as cool and have as much fun as we do! It's really hard having such a great group of people to play with, interact with in the locker room, and out side of the rink. Beyond that, my rivals are people who kill me a lot in Apex Legends. I wanna get to diamond but the bastards I play against keep shooting back. It's like the players on the ice we play against, they keep shooting against us. Stop it please! You keep making us mad and that's why you are all our rivals. It would be a whole lot easier if you stopped taking shots and let us keep shooting. Maybe not for you, but definitely for us! We're trying to win a cup here, can't you see you're making it difficult!

Ever since joining the Detroit Locker Room, I have only heard of one true rival, the St. Louis Scarecrows. One of the two teams that I wanted to draft me, besides Detroit was St. Louis, so the idea of rivalry wasn't that farfetched, as it seems that it is pushed on my both sides. My favorite part of this rivalry has to be the betrayal of theSparkyDee to go GM the scarecrows, as I believe he was management here in Detroit before he jumped ship. For this act of heresy, he is given the Disappointment role in Detroit, and our bot responds with plenty of anti St Louis emotes when the name "sparky" is mentioned in any capacity. Throughout this season, Detroit is 2-0 against their rival this season, so I'm very happy with the way this rivalry has gone so far and I hope that it continues in Detroit's favor as long as I'm down here with the team.

160 wordz

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

For Lucas Raymond, this will always be one of the easiest questions to answer, Finland. They will always be one of if not the biggest rivals for Raymond. Being born in Goteborg in the country of Sweden, the rivalry between the Fins and the Swedes will always be one of the biggest in pro sports. One of the proudest things you can do as a Swedish-born player is to slide on that Tre Kronner jersey for your country and try and bring home a World Championship or World Junior Gold. Achieving this goal is an amazing feat but the one thing that makes it 10x better is when that result ends up going through Team Finland first. The bragging rights that come from these big games last careers and even lifetimes. They are the stories and wins that make you a legend back in your home town and country. Lucas Raymon will have plenty of teams he dislikes in the SHL and SMJHL but none will amount to the hate he has for Finland.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Now as a brand new player to the SHL, you’d figure it might be hard to identify whom the team your drafted to rival is. However, the second I joined the Raptors locker room, a random bot shouted “Fuck the Anaheim Outlaws with all me bot heart!” Well gahhhdamn, talk about an introduction to a rivalry. At first I didn’t understand the ferocity and disdain a prehistoric dinosaur could have towards a low budget broken down John Marshton. Then the power rankings came out and hooo boy did some panties get caught up in a bunch when those “rough riders” were rated last in the league. Digging further into this rivalry the most obvious answer struck out to me, division rivals. Given the Nevada Battleborn are in a full blown rebuild with a new general manager, that leaves the Raptors and Outlaws to duke it out for the top spot.

Greyson Cooper of the Quebec City Citadelles does not have a ton of rivals or a strict team that he has a rivalry with but if he were to choose one it would be the Vancouver Whalers. A team that Sophia Bennett had previously played for & someone Cooper looks up too. Throughout scouting Vancouver was one of the only teams to not reach out to him or his agent. This left a taste in Coopers mouth to go out & try even harder against them. So far this season Quebec is 18-14 with 36 points & Vancouver is 11-19 with 25 points. So far it seems like Quebec has taking the lead between this little rivalry that is really non existent but hopefully in the near future Quebec can develop a little rivalry like back in the day with Kelowna & Vancouver, it made things funner for both sides having to compete every time they played each other.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

[Image: Anaheim_over_Anchorage.png]

I think that Anchorage's natural enemy is the Kelowna Knights. There are a lot of posts in this thread already saying that the Whalers are the Armada's rival, but it's hard to hear those voices & take those voices seriously when they are so far down in the standings. The Knights and the Armada are in the same conference and are easiliy the two favorites from the Northwest Division and the Pacific Conference. The Knights are without a shadow of a doubt the best team in the SMJHL at this current time, but the Armada are making moves to catch up to them. With a ton of talent coming through the pipe for Anchorage, it's only a matter of time.

In a season down the line, I'd predict the Armada to take the throne of the #1 spot in the SMJHL over the Kelowna Knights. Only time will tell if I'm right or not.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Well I am not really sure of the history between my team and these two teams but I would have to narrow my rivals down to the Carolina Kraken and the Maine Timber. Now when I say that St. Louis has a rivalry against these two teams, I don't mean it as a hateful rivalry, in fact, it is quite friendly but my twin brother Southpaw plays for Maine and because of that I want nothing more than finish above them every season. Plus my SJHL career technically got started with Maine on a temporary contract, so it is always nice to beat your old team. As far as the rivalry with Carolina goes, I would have to say that one is more for passing on me in the draft. While I am happy in St. Louis, I did here a lot of pre-draft buss that Carolina was going to be a likely destination for me due to my connections with a lot of people on that team. Because of this, it would be great to make Carolina regret not taking me every time our teams were on the ice together.

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

On a more personal level it would have to be the Nevada Battleborn. LaTrell Mcdonald and Wet Jeans have been long-time rivals since they both put on skates for the first time. LaTrell has always wanted to be better than Wet his whole life. Seeing how this season has been going LaTrell seems to be accomplishing that feat notching 21 points in his first 31 games with the Armada, while Wet Jeans has only seen 11 points in 32 games so far this season. The armada are also playing at a much higher level as a team than Nevada as they are boasting an 18-10-3 record for 39 points and 4th in the league standings while Wet and Nevada are sitting in dead last with a 8-21-3 record goo for only 19 points on the year. LaTrell and Wet look forward to building this rivalry as their careers progress, hopefully to the SHL. (153)

[Image: OIQc6sy.png]