Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 - Hamilton Steelhawks
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 05:41 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks  Steelhawks

The SHL S62 is about to begin and I ca not wait to see how it goes. The Hamilton Steelhawks are coming off a 4-0 sweep of Texas last year in the finals, and only losing 3 games all post season. They ran through the league last year and I can see much changing this year. They are returning almost all of the same players as last year. The Steelhawks had a huge player in Aaron Wilson, who put up a humongous 34G 70A for 104pts on the year. They also had some solid goaltending in A Jobin who had a 46W 8L record with a .913 save percentage. They also had solid depth with their backup goalie Walrus Walrus going 11W 0L 1OTL and a .920 save percentage. Having two big goaltenders it really shows why they did so well last year.

The Steelhawks have started off the offseason picking last in the first round in this years draft. They still made a splash selecting the SMJHL's top rookie Cup Noodle. As if the Steelhawks couldn't get any better, they add this talented defensemen. Cup had 7G 32A for 39 points as a rookie for the Anchorage Armada. I don't see Cup making a jump this year but since the Steelhawks didn't lose many players from the roster it would be good seeing Cup get another season under their belt. The Steelhawks have a lot of depth on their roster so it wont be easy cracking their lineup, though with the resume Cup has, he could make the jump and fit in well on a very competitive group. The Steelhawks also add Akashi SixNine Jr. of the Detroit Falcons. Akashi had 16G 24A for 40 points. Akashi also wont be making the roster this year and will remain with Detroit for at least another season.

With the preseason off and running, the Steelhawks have already jumped out to a 4-0 record. Aaron Wilson has already started the preseason off smoking! They have 3G 6A for 9 points in a short 4 games. A Jobin is a brick wall to start, going 4W 0L and a .931 save percentage. This team has started off right where they left off in the post season.

Hamilton is just a well balanced team, and since they did not lose much it would be hard betting on anyone else to take it all this year. I know I am not really going out on a limb but, look at this roster. There are some teams looking to bring some competition, the Texas Renegades and the Baltimore Platoon. The Renegades were the other team in the finals, and it would be exciting to see both teams back for a big rematch this year. The Platoon bringing a great roster back this year and after having 100 point season along with Texas and Hamilton they are also looking to go deep in the playoffs this year. The Steelhawks will begin the title defense soon and I would not be surprised if they don't claim back to back.

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Approved!

+5 TPE @Dhoop