Create Account

Phorce of will

{this is 953 words lovely graders}

The Knights are not doing very well as everyone knows. Unfortunately on paper the last few seasons this team should be right up there amongst the best. You know the Quebecs, the Detroits, Colorado come out of nowhere after spending so much time rebuilding. I think it makes sense right for a team with arguably top 5 or top 6 TPE how are they three from the bottom.

The easy almost cop out answer, of course is just that things aren’t clicking. How do you solve that? Now as teams are young, this is the juniors after all so you gotta argue that maybe these kids are still developing. A bunch of kids 16, maybe 17 years old? Rookies are probably even younger. Still hockey pundits might simply say they are still developing. Or blame it on the coaches, saying that they’ve lost the room. Some think maybe they just don’t know how to use this group. Of course, as usual the media will throw the blame heavily all over the players.

Kelowna is a proud original team from when the J first opened they’ve had their share championships, although it has been way too long.

Nobody is taking it harder than Brooklyn Physt. With the departure of their long time captain insert here the team voted to name Brooklyn as the new captain going into the S74 season high honour does not come lightly. After a strong rookie season managing 28 points 66 games with second line and minimal special teams ice time Brooklyn made large games very promising 36 point sophomore campaign, including 13 goals.

The future was looking bright for a team that finished second to last, however Fortune has not favoured the Kelowna Knights Here in S74 sitting third to last, with 37 points, including a near record low 18 wins. Kelowna as a team haven’t been that strong, worse yet Brooklyn is at career low 24 points. Many of those have come recently after a large winless streak that saw the Knights fall from middling to here. Those in the sportscasting world, the eye test certainly doesn’t paint a better picture. Being seen as what should be at least one of the top defenceman and build as an offensive weapon is proven as useful as the Russian arsenal.

We’re at the Christmas holiday break with the SHL and of course it’s Junior League, the SMJHL. Like many Brooklyn is going back home to spend time with family. For those who don’t know she is a second generation SHLer. Her father, Richard Physt played throughout the 40s for the Toronto North Stars and New Orleans Specters, he also spent his three junior seasons with the Kelowna Knights.

Like any good family the Physts do talk about how things have been going. The Elder Physt and his wife have been living in Toronto for the last while at his estate near the lakes, they haven’t been constantly at every game Brooklyn’s played after all it’s nice once you retired not to have to travel all that much as expected. now almost as if akin to asking about once school day, the subject of how your season is going come up. Leading to Brooklyn looking for a little sagely advice.

R: “so Lynn how are things going in Kelowna?”

B: “Fine, I guess”

R: “something on your mind?”

B: “Dad, you played on some interesting teams *sighing* what was it like playing on some good Kelowna teams and not having maybe the most success?”

R: *smirking* “Well in S38 we had a good but kind of young team on the rise. We played really well, finished in the top 3. Didn’t get a buy but we figured we were doing pretty good having won more of our game than we lost and I played my role. I wasn’t expected to put points and I didn’t, but I shut the other team down.
Then we lost to the Montreal Militia. Kind of a frustrating letdown because we were the much better team on paper. Our season had gone much better but the playoffs are a whole new season.

S39 We figured we’d come out and improve on that we are already good. We felt a little bit jaded, but  determined to succeeded then we couldn’t quite find that same spark lot of the same pieces had come along and development. Everybody felt like they’ve gotten better and we barely made the playoffs as the six seed predictably we got swept by the Vancouver whalers. You can imagine for any young player that would’ve been either crushing or absolutely infuriated. In a way it was an end to a forgettable season.
I made a public vow to do everything in my power to give us victory in S40.”

B “and that worked?”

R: “well the force of Will does seem to play a large part in our success, from your great grandparents building their ski resorts in Austria and Switzerland, to demanding that I play good enough to give us a cup. It’s not a guarantee, but it seems to have a large effect.”

B: “thanks Dad, hopefully things after Christmas will go well.”

Now, armed with a little more pep in her step and a more mature understanding about life playing hockey. Brooklyn can spend her time, relaxing, thinking about family, friends, Christmas and her upcoming winter fun trip out in Hawaii surfing with best fellow North Stars prospect Florian Söderberg-Motyla. This is mostly to make up for the North stars prospect fight club beating that she laid on him back at the start of the season. Perhaps Jolly old St. Nick will provide her Christmas miracle refreshed and revamped Kelowna Knights.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Well done! Hope the season turns around!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

:prayge:

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]