Create Account

McArthur ready to tear it up

Interview After years of mentoring under 3 time SHL defeseman Kyle Derringer, winger Jordan McArthur is ready to make a big splash in the NWJHL. Being a pupil of Derringer's, McArthur has been able to learn from Derringer's downsides, and should ultimately be a stronger, and more successful player. McArthur reports out of his personal training camp:

Well I have definitely been working hard for this, a chance to compete in the NWJHL, and ultimately the SHL. Furthermore, I will probably be expected to outshine my mentor, Mr. Derringer. I gotta say its a very tall order, right now I don't know if I can do it, but I'm gonna be working my ass off trying, and if that alone is gonna get my the recognition, maybe it'll happen afterall. I hope to accomplish some big things in this league and this is where it all starts. I know I'm pumped and can't wait for it to start.

Interview Any particular teams you hope to play for?

Well my mentor was a Blazer, so I could never say no to playing for the Impact, aka the Blazers of S7, or as close as it gets to that. Derringer lead a proud Blazer career for the one year it was in effect, so hopefully I can make the same thing happen. Maybe it won't happen with the same club, but I will really want to make a name this year. Realistically I'll play on whatever team is going to draft me, I don't play favorites, it'd just be really damn cool to play on Kyle's team.

:nterview: we obviously expect great things from you Jordan, look forward to watching you make a name for yourself.

350 words