Create Account

Reginald Semin declares for the NWJHL

[Image: alexander_semin.jpg]
Semin after a disappointing first season in the EEL

Reginald Semin, the former Harvard star, left it all behind to have an opportunity in Europe. A pure sniper, Semin was expected to contribute many goals, but his attempts fell short.

"I played like shit, let's face it. I didn't do what I knew I could, so I'm trying to get my game back in the Juniors." - Semin

Reginald Semin was originally drafted by the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL in the 3rd round back in the 2006 midget draft, but opted to go the NCAA route, and never reported to the Remparts in a bid to maintain his College eligibility, and the sniper couldn't have been happier.

"I loved Harvard, and I was happy being there for those years, but when I had the opportunity to go over to Europe, I couldn't pass it up. Now, I'm not so sure that was the greatest choice. I have to work up the hard way to play professionally now, and I couldn't have made worse choices in these past few years." - Semin

Semin will now move to the NWJHL after the commissioners of both the NWJHL, and the EEL have announced a unique partnership for season eight.

"This is an opportunity that will provide the juniors a more competitive edge. We'll have new players who need to break into the pace of pro hockey, and players who have either played pro for a while, or have just completed their first season. NWJHLers will get more ice time, and will look up to the EEL players to help them on their way to the SHL." - Commissioner Jon Maxfield

"I'm excited, hopefully I can do a little better, and get the key training in to be a competitive force out there." - Semin