Create Account

Your Team's Offseason

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@May 24 2013, 05:38 PM

He ain't worth that, but he could probably get it in the open market
Absolutely not, he's worth a top of the market about 4.5 imo. He'll unfortunately fetch 6, which is why I'm so happy Anaheim signed their big guns before we hit FA, they're paid a lot but they'd fetch even more on an open market

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@May 24 2013, 05:43 PM

Devils will be back next year, they were 17-4-4 with both Brodeur and Kovalchuk in the lineup, if it was a full season i'm convinced they would have made the Playoffs.
It was also a half season though, it's hard to say I wouldn't be surprised if they did make the playoffs but I also think saying that Clarkson and Zubrus would be nothing elsewhere is a bit extreme, I don't think New Jersey is what makes them if anything it's the other way around, in Clarkson's case at least, Zubrus is just a veteran presence who's a solid depth player at this point in his career

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 24 2013, 05:45 PM

It was also a half season though, it's hard to say I wouldn't be surprised if they did make the playoffs but I also think saying that Clarkson and Zubrus would be nothing elsewhere is a bit extreme, I don't think New Jersey is what makes them if anything it's the other way around, in Clarkson's case at least, Zubrus is just a veteran presence who's a solid depth player at this point in his career
I agree that Clarkson and Zubrus can thrive elsewhere, but the Devils system, especially in Clarkson's case playing under DeBoer, is perfect for their playing careers. I think with Elias and Zubrus it's very much if the franchise wants to keep them (Elias is a given, Zubrus is up in the air), but with Clarkson the ball's in his court, if Clarkson wants to stay the Franchise certainly wants him, if he explores his options I think he's gone.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Getting Monahan at 9 is a pipe dream if I have ever seen one before

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@May 24 2013, 06:10 PM
Getting Monahan at 9 is a pipe dream if I have ever seen one before
I've seen a lot of Mocks having Monahan at 9 to the Devils, if that doesn't happen, then i'm perfectly happy with Shinkaruk, just please god no not another defenseman.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Horton will get 6mil if its a 1 yr or MAYBE 2 yr deal.
theres no way a contending team is giving him 3+yrs at 6mil.

he might be able to get that if he goes to a shit team again, but i dont see him wanting to spend another 6 years missing the playoffs.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@May 24 2013, 07:12 PM

I've seen a lot of Mocks having Monahan at 9 to the Devils, if that doesn't happen, then i'm perfectly happy with Shinkaruk, just please god no not another defenseman.
Horvat imo