Create Account

Semin Resigns

Also 5th in +/- over the past five years

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Mar 25 2013, 05:48 PM
Also 5th in +/- over the past five years

Exactly, I'd take Semin on my team over Kessel. They're the same offensively and Semin is MUCH better defensively. Actually I take that back, they aren't the same offensively. Semin has 81 more points in 11 more games over their careers.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Mar 25 2013, 05:48 PM

Exactly, I'd take Semin on my team over Kessel. They're the same offensively and Semin is MUCH better defensively.
Semin also plays with one of the better centres in the league in Eric Staal and is 29 years old. Kessel plays with Bozak who is considered a 3rd line centre by many and is only 25years old.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Mar 25 2013, 05:47 PM
I wanted the Devils to throw the 7M for 1 season at Semin, but over a long-term contract, his cap hit shouldn't be more than 5.5M IMO, this is a massive overpayment.

The only thing that worries me is that we don't really spend much. Now we have alotta cap tied up in the Staal's, Wardo, Skinner and Semin. Hopefully we're gonna be spending even closer to the cap going forward.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Mar 25 2013, 05:52 PM

Semin also plays with one of the better centres in the league in Eric Staal and is 29 years old. Kessel plays with Bozak who is considered a 3rd line centre by many and is only 25years old.

What does Semin defensively have to do with Staal?? Also, if you're gonna argue that's why he's better offensively, no. Just no.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Mar 25 2013, 05:57 PM

What does Semin defensively have to do with Staal?? Also, if you're gonna argue that's why he's better offensively, no. Just no.
Yes just yes.

lmao

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Mar 25 2013, 05:59 PM

Yes just yes.

Lol ok lets drop Semins season this year and keep Kessels then

51 more points in 21 less games.

But yeah, Semin is only better than Kessel because of Staal. The stats sure back that up.

Like I said, Semin played with better players. Also Kessel has broke out into a more complete offensive player. He has been a PPG player the past 2 years.

Kessel: 114 Games: 112 Points
Semin: 107 Games: 84 Points

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Mar 25 2013, 06:06 PM
Like I said, Semin played with better players. Also Kessel has broke out into a more complete offensive player. He has been a PPG player the past 2 years.

Kessel: 114 Games: 112 Points
Semin: 107 Games: 84 Points

Semin played with better players in Washington? On the powerplay maybe. and it's funny you use the 2 seasons where Semin has got his most flack for. Even if those stats weren't skewed to look better for Kessel, Semin's defense is still far better.

Semin is inconsistent your pointing to his season totals not his game totals. Alot of his issues are one game he pops 4 points in then just doesn't try the next few. He gets huge points or he gets zero and it's not like guys who just hit dry spells its he just doesn't try at all

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by ProdigyMcdavid@Mar 25 2013, 06:10 PM
Semin is inconsistent your pointing to his season totals not his game totals. Alot of his issues are one game he pops 4 points in then just doesn't try the next few. He gets huge points or he gets zero and it's not like guys who just hit dry spells its he just doesn't try at all

not this season

I shall reserve judgement on this until the remainder of the season. With that said. Soooo glad we got Getz and Perry resigned if Carolina gives that kinda money to Semin who's known to play for a contract, I'd hate to see what they'd give guys like Getzy and Perry

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]