Create Account

Hans Ponsen - Championship Press Conference

(READY TO BE GRADED)

Hans Ponsen, rookie Kelowna Knights Defenseman takes the podium...

"Hey everyone. Thanks for following me in my rookie season. It has been a great year with the Kelowna Knights. Please feel free to ask questions about the season, the playoffs, or anything else you'd like!"

Quote:Originally posted by BruinsFanatic100+Mar 27 2015, 02:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (BruinsFanatic100 @ Mar 27 2015, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Have any teams contacted you about drafting you? If so, which teams?[/b]

I've been contacted by a couple of different teams, now. The West Kendall Platoon were the first team to contact me. Nothing major came of it, so far. Seems like a cool place to play, but our conversation was just a basic "Do you want to play here?" kind of thing.

Toronto has been in contact, with a similar kind of question and answer deal. They seem like they're a little more interested than West Kendall, but we'll see what shakes out in the draft.

Lastly, the Edmonton Blizzard have contacted me. I'm familiar with a few of the folks in the organization. They seem like a cool group. Wouldn't mind heading there.

Quote:Originally posted by hedgehog337@Mar 27 2015, 02:52 PM<br />Do you expect to be drafted in the first round?

Which SHL team you like and which you dislike and why?

Are you ready to play in SMJHL in the next season? Or you wanna go to SHL?

Do you enjoy Kelowna LR?

Who is your most annoying teammate on Knights?

Who is your favourite teammate on Knights?

Have you enjoyed SHL so far?

How do you think, will Kelowna win third 4 Star Cup straight?

Not too many questions?

I have heard some rumblings about the possibility of being drafted in the first round. I think it'd be awesome to get picked early, but I won't have my feelings hurt if I don't.

If I had to pick one team that I liked the most, it'd have to be Toronto. Seems like they're shaping up to make a big push soon! Picking one I like the least is hard. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of the guys, but West Kendall had some My Little Pony banners floating around, and those things freak me out.

I'm ready to play where I'm needed. I really enjoy Kelowna. Great management and great team work. The guys are always looking out for each other. I'd be a liar, though, if I said I didn't want a shot in the SHL. Who doesn't?

I love it! So many good people in there.

Most annoying? Heh. Harter. He doesn't like when I eat yogurt in my locker stall. He says it throws off his pre-game mojo. Tendies are weird. Little does he know, I slipped some yogurt in his equipment bag on locker clean out day. We'll see when he discovers that at home. I haven't gotten any calls or texts about it yet. Hah.

Favourite would have to be Berkis. Guy makes you laugh constantly. One thing the fans don't know, is how much this guy farts while out on the ice. You would think with all the crowd noise, we wouldn't hear it. But we do. In the finals, I swear the guy had about 20 burritos before each game. He was wrecking it.

I've enjoyed the experience here. Much more organized than my time in Sweden.

I think Kelowna can do it, for sure. We just have to make sure we put in work, this off season. It'll also rely heavily on who we lose. Hoping the core group sticks it out here.

Nah, that's not too many questions! Thanks for taking the time to come and ask.

Quote:Originally posted by Winston@Mar 27 2015, 03:00 PM<br />Interview You came into the league and were able to win the Four Star Cup right away. Do you feel like you've already accomplished enough in the SMJHL and are looking towards the SHL now?

Interview Are there any players from Kelowna you'd wish to join in the SHL? Or perhaps are there any other players out there you haven't played with that you'd like to?

I feel like winning the Four Star Cup with Kelowna was a great start for my career, but I don't know if teams feel that winning a Four Star Cup is enough to make the jump to the SHL right away. We'll see after the draft. I'd love to make the leap right away, but it's not exactly up to me.

I'd really like to play with Buster Killington, eventually. He's getting drafted into the SMJHL this up coming Entry Draft, but I hope I get the point to join up with him at some point. We got to play some youth games together for a Euro All-Star event back when he was in the UK and I was in Sweden. He's got a lot of heart. I've also played with Luka Zaitsev. He wanted me to go to Vancouver, but it didn't work out. Hopefully I'll be able to join him at some point in the SHL. Maybe next year. What do you say, Toronto? Haha.

Quote:Originally posted by GoodLeftUndone@Mar 27 2015, 03:11 PM<br />The SHL Draft is in Toronto, wanna join your teammates and party like rockstars the night before and after?

Ready to win another championship for the Knights next season?

I'm definitely down for that! It's gonna be sad not seeing some of them any more. We made some great memories this year. We'll always be Knight brothers.

And yes, I'm absolutely ready to make it Back to Back to Back Championships for the Knights! Last season was great.

Quote:Originally posted by Jedi@Mar 27 2015, 03:16 PM<br />Thoughts on likely returning to Kelowna after being drafted?

I think that I'll probably be returning. I've still got a little developing to do. Wouldn't want to get throw to the sharks too soon, right? But seriously though, Kelowna has been nothing but good to me. They've got a great thing going. I'm ready to win another championship, next year!

<!--QuoteBegin-Jon@Mar 27 2015, 04:05 PM
Who's your favourite Jedi or me?

Opinion on Edmonton?
[/quote]

If I had to pick a fav, it's have to be you, Jon. Your name requires typing in one less character. Think of all the time saved, over the course of peoples' lives, just by typing one less character. Think of yourself as a life safer.

I like Edmonton! Seems like there's a lot of familiar faces there. Seems a little cold, but hey, we're gonna be on the ice most of the time anyways, right?

Well, it looks like that wraps it up. Anyone else have anything? No? Okay. Well, again, thank you all so much for coming today and for supporting the Knights all season long. We, as a team, would truly like to thank the fans. You guys give us motivation, day in and day out. Don't be shy if you spot us out on the streets, or in a restaurant. We'd love to talk Knights hockey and sign some autographs. Take care everyone.

READY TO BE GRADED! Thanks!

Have any teams contacted you about drafting you? If so, which teams?

Do you expect to be drafted in the first round?

Which SHL team you like and which you dislike and why?

Are you ready to play in SMJHL in the next season? Or you wanna go to SHL?

Do you enjoy Kelowna LR?

Who is your most annoying teammate on Knights?

Who is your favourite teammate on Knights?

Have you enjoyed SHL so far?

How do you think, will Kelowna win third 4 Star Cup straight?

Not too many questions?

Interview You came into the league and were able to win the Four Star Cup right away. Do you feel like you've already accomplished enough in the SMJHL and are looking towards the SHL now?

Interview Are there any players from Kelowna you'd wish to join in the SHL? Or perhaps are there any other players out there you haven't played with that you'd like to?

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

The SHL Draft is in Toronto, wanna join your teammates and party like rockstars the night before and after?

Ready to win another championship for the Knights next season?

Thoughts on likely returning to Kelowna after being drafted?

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Who's your favourite Jedi or me?

Opinion on Edmonton?

Ready to be graded.