Create Account

Bjorn Knutsen S23 SMJHL Games 1-5 recap

In the first game of the season, the Falcons hosted the Force. Knutsen scored the first goal of the season for the Falcons just 18 seconds into the second period off of a nice pass from Mack to tie the game at 1-1. Even know the Falcons ended up losing the game 5 to 4, Knutsen was able to register a game high 10 shots on goal. He also had 1 hit, 1 shot block, but was even on the night. “Vodka played a great game in goal against us by stopping 40 out of our 44 shots and many of my shots did not have a rebound. Disappointed that I couldn’t chip in with another goal or two especially after getting 10 shots on goal and I need to do a better job on the penalty kill. Shouldn’t be giving up 2 goals on 2 chances especially when I was out there for just 18 seconds on both penalties.”

The second game of the season was a rematch against Kelowna from last season’s finals. Knutsen once again got the scoring going for the Falcons just under seven minutes into the game with his second of the season. Knutsen would add an assist on the last goal of the game, which was Mack’s hat trick goal, in a 6-1 win over the Knights. Knutsen would have 11 shots on goal in this game which would be game high again, but was also a +4 and took one minor penalty. “This was a good win for us especially after losing to these guys last season in the finals. Still not happy with my own play and only getting one goal on 11 shots, but I have to keep getting the puck to net and forcing the goaltender to make tough saves or provide rebound opportunities for my teammates. This was also my first game against my future teammate in Toronto, David Benson, so it was a good experience to match up against him.”

The Falcons continued playing western teams as Detroit traveled to Vancouver to face the Whalers. The Whalers would jump out to a 3-0 lead in the first period, but Detroit would actually fight back and take a 4-3 lead in the third, but the Whalers would tie the game and win 5-4 in a shootout. Knutsen would not have a good game with just 2 shots on goal, but was at least a +1 in the game. Also, missing the net in the shootout was not a positive at all. “Vancouver did a good job of keeping me contained in this game and when games like this happen, I have to do a better job of just working through it. Even in the shootout, I have to get the puck on the net and disappointed in my effort.”

The fourth game of the season had Regina visiting Detroit. The Falcons would take a 2-0 lead by the first couple minutes of the second period and Knutsen would assist on the second goal which would be Mack’s 4th goal of the season. However, it would be all downhill after that for the Falcons as the Force scored 6 six straight unanswered goals to win the game 6 to 2. Knutsen would have 5 shots on goal in the game, but would be a -1 and would be on the ice for Regina’s power play goal on their only chance in the game. “We certainly stunk up the joint tonite especially after having a 2-0 lead. We have to do a better job as a team and we have no one but ourselves to blame for the effort tonite. We will put it behind us and come out strong in the next contest.”

Detroit would stay at home to face divisional opponent, the Montreal Impact for the first time this season. Knutsen and Mack would assist on Johnson’s goal just 24 seconds into the game, but Montreal would tie the game later in the period at 1-1. The Falcons would take control of the game in the second period by outscoring Montreal 5 to 2. Knutsen would score the Falcon’s 4th goal of the period, his 3rd overall, and assist on the 5th goal. Knutsen would add an assist on the Falcon’s last goal of the game as Detroit won 7 to 4. This would be Knutsen’s first four point game as he had a goal and 3 assists to go along with 7 shots and a +3 rating. “This was a big game for us a team as we wanted to come and show we can play much better than we did in our last game against the Force. Johnson, Kekkonen and Martushev each scored their first goals of the season which is going to be extremely important for us to get the secondary scoring as the season goes on. Definitely happy that I am still getting quality scoring chances and helping to set up my teammates, but I need to continue to work on my shot and find ways to beat the goaltender.”

Great job!

Falcons

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Falcons

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread